Torquay v Gateshead - 26th Nov 2022 - 15:00

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Yellow6
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Yellow6 »

Dutchgull wrote: 28 Nov 2022, 21:02 The fact is he was barged over the line by one of their players which allowed another player to tap it in and that's not a clear foul ????

Is there a referee on this forum able to give a definitive answer ?
Referee here. I am usually fairly sympathetic to the referees and try to understand the decisions they give in the context of the game and the incident as it happens whether for us or against.
I have also watched the highlights and we played that goal a number of times to look at all different aspects and remembering this is not a luxury the referee has at the time.
The assistant referee would be of no value in this decision as he was too far away and crowded by too many players.
In any case, I do agree that Halstead was found and charged into the net by the opponent.
This was a foul and allowed the goal to happen. The referee was in a good position to have seen this which makes the decision even more disappointing.
We have to accept decisions that go against us if they are correct and put our partisanship aside but this was a foul and a referee at that level should be getting those decisions right.
Gull in black
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Lee Mansell
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Gull in black »

Clear foul on keeper.
Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Dutchgull »

Thank you for your clarification Yellow6.
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

Yellow6 as you are a referee I feel vindicated as in my post on 27 November, and I watched the incident back several times, I had no doubt it was a deliberate foul on the keeper although brucie does not agree.

What we do not know, because the Ref who started the game was injured, was how much experience did his replacement have?

When he took over he was very nervous about giving any decisions and I suspect had the original ref not been injured we would have got the3 points.
North Curry House
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by North Curry House »

The replacement ref has never refereed at National League level. That is why he was afraid to make any decisions - in case he was wrong. He was crapping himself!

I almost felt sorry for him, he was so embarrassingly weak and poor. BOTH goals were fouls, that and his lack of action regarding their goalkeeper wasting time (other than waving his arms around) told players he did not have a clue and was sadly out of his depth. After the first incident, he should have warned him that next te it would be a yellow card....that would have stopped any further nonesrnse. Instead he sent out a message to the players that they could do as they pleased.