Barnet v Torquay : Saturday 19th November 2022 3.00

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Mr Tea808
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Mr Tea808 »

A few weeks ago I genuinely wasn't taking the Mickey or stating the obvious, but way to many loan players on the books, the team constantly changing, how in the blue hell do you get any continuity or work on the basics,shape, formation, patterns of play et cetra?, I don't trust the defence to keep clean sheets,nor the attackers to score enough goals,it isn't their fault though,to much being asked for players out of their depth,feel for Goodwin,young lad starting out in NL it's unforgiving at times,Wearne disappointing, chopping and changing all the bloody time,what a total cluster f*ck of a situation,this may sound cranky,but Id let Moxey take over, or try and get Kev Nicholson back,but doubt he'd touch it.
Bristol_Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Rodney Jack
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Bristol_Gull »

It’s GOT to turn against Gateshead.
SimonJones
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by SimonJones »

Keep calm! It’s not how we start, it’s how we finish the season. I’m sure GJ has this all in hand. Judging after less than half the season is madness. Let’s give him time. Barnet are a very good side, possible promotion contenders, so to only concede 1 demonstrates our defensive improvements. In GJ we trust!
Mr Tea808
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Mr Tea808 »

Didn't Johnson say judge the team or me after 10games??,If you think he had this all "in hand" almost as if he expected us to be bottom,but don't worry GJ will work his magic,and it's all roses and champagne??,you obviously don't know football,the situation is bleak, and the players he's got in aren't up to it,I'm not having a pop, but people need to get real
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

Bloody hell !
Admiral
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Admiral »

SimonJones wrote: 19 Nov 2022, 17:25 Keep calm! It’s not how we start, it’s how we finish the season. I’m sure GJ has this all in hand. Judging after less than half the season is madness. Let’s give him time. Barnet are a very good side, possible promotion contenders, so to only concede 1 demonstrates our defensive improvements. In GJ we trust!
Rose tinted spectacles
thebigp1
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by thebigp1 »

Admiral wrote: 19 Nov 2022, 17:52 Rose tinted spectacles
It sounds like a wind up
culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by culmstockgull »

Appalling, chaotic. dyslfunctional and that was just the TUFC commentary, please commentators can you remember you are not standing on the terraces cheering on the team, you are endeavouring to pass on to the listeners what is happening, no more pregnant pauses , how many times did you say I am not sure what went on there, hello if you were watching you may have a clue, either that or get yourself down to specsavers.
As for the match, if we are honest there are only four players worthy of a first team place with perhaps two more as bench warmers, this is what Johnson has presented as his marque signings, now if you were buckland athletic they may be marque but not this league,
I think he has one match left in him, if we lose to gateshead and the club do not sack him then the decision has already been made to play part time in the south next year.
SimonJones
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by SimonJones »

We’ll come good. A few additions to this squad in January and he’ll turn it around. You can see he is making good improvements with the players he has got at his disposal already. A much better defensive display today against a very good side. We’ll finish mid table. We just have to get behind the players and coaches. Encouragement, not criticism.
thebigp1
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by thebigp1 »

SimonJones wrote: 19 Nov 2022, 18:00 We’ll come good. A few additions to this squad in January and he’ll turn it around. You can see he is making good improvements with the players he has got at his disposal already. A much better defensive display today against a very good side. We’ll finish mid table. We just have to get behind the players and coaches. Encouragement, not criticism.
Lol, we finished mid table last season with 66 points. What makes you think we can pick up 50 points from 26 games?
SimonJones
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by SimonJones »

thebigp1 wrote: 19 Nov 2022, 18:13 Lol, we finished mid table last season with 66 points. What makes you think we can pick up 50 points from 26 games?
Gary Johnson - keep the faith!
North Curry House
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by North Curry House »

Plainmoor pal wrote: 19 Nov 2022, 16:36 Alright lads. I see Danny Stevens is on commentary today. Any thoughts on his inclusion?
He must be nearly 18 by now!
Plainmoor pal
Trialist
Trialist

Post by Plainmoor pal »

He's no taller!
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by standupsitdown »

We should have got a point today. Dominated the second half, hit the post in added time. It wasn’t a bad performance but we need to be more willing to shoot.
Louis
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Louis »

⚽️ Prediction League 23/24 - TUFC merch prizes for grabs
⚽️ Press Room - all latest TUFC News
⚽️ @Torquay_Fans - follow us on X for all the latest