How many will we take ?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
PADSTOW GULL
Trialist
Trialist
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

How many will we take ?

Post by PADSTOW GULL »

Thanks to re- registering, I'm back on the site so thought, let's get down to a post ..

Seriously how many do you think will be at the game? and how many will we take ?

I'm going for 12 thousand at the match and taking into account the ticket problems and recession I can't see us shifting more than 4 thousand.

I hope I'm wrong but if this game had been at Wembley I'd have gone for around 20 thousand at game.
TUFCBOY1234
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Guy Branston

Post by TUFCBOY1234 »

im going for just under 10k as other playoffs at wembley havent exactly been far over that number
Parry
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Parry »

I'm going for a reasonable 6 k.
numpte
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Me

Post by numpte »

I optimistically reckon 20k with approx 10k from us and 10k from them.

So far, I know of about 15 going from people I know and I'd say only 2 or 3 of them are regulars to Plainmoor.
TUST #324
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

I reckon Stevenage will take a fair few, probably many more than us.

I'd hope we can break 15k between us.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Behind-the-Gulls
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Behind-the-Gulls »

The Club said 10-12 thousand on spotlight tonight.
If so,we could be looking at 20,000,at most.
Only 18,000+ at BSP final(Eastfield),given that Luton average 6,000 at home and AC Wimbledon get pretty good attendances it indicates the reluctance of many non-regulars to travel up North.
Parry
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Parry »

Unfortunately for me I have to work so I won't be there. I'll just have to settle for B & L. I'm a bit gutted, but if we go up I know I have the likes of Sheff Wed and Charlton to look forward to going to next season. If we don't, well I won't be too disapointed I wasn't there!
SatNav
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by SatNav »

I have always felt that the league 2 play off final should be held in a stadium that can realistically be filled. There are plenty of new stadiums that fit this bill. The Madejski or somewhere similar. Whilst a visit to OT will be great it seems daft that the stadium will be half empty!!
Yellow4life
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yellow4life »

6k-8k we'll take in my opinion
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

tomtom_gull wrote:I have always felt that the league 2 play off final should be held in a stadium that can realistically be filled. There are plenty of new stadiums that fit this bill. The Madejski or somewhere similar. Whilst a visit to OT will be great it seems daft that the stadium will be half empty!!

I can see the logic, but if for example next years final was say Argyle v Rovers or Bradford v Oxford etc then it would probably get close to filling out one of the larger grounds so it's only fair that our players get the reward of playing in the same sort of stadium.
Dave

jocktheknife
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Nicho

Post by jocktheknife »

If the club seriously believe we are going to take 10-12k........then they are seriously deluded!

My guess 7k absolute tops.....hope I'm wrong but the fact that it is oop north, on the whit weekend, very expensive travel wise and ticket wise in the middle of a recession all points to a lot of people who would like to go but probably wont make the effort in the end.
....aka jmgull.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

I agree, Justin. I was thinking 6000 of us and 9000 of them would be close to the eventual figure. Would love to be wrong and see more turn up though.
Dave

robc
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane

Post by robc »

If I'm not mistaken, the final against Cambridge saw 35,000. Now I know that Cambridge took more than us, but didn't we take 12-13k? Why do people think we won't even manage 10k this time? Purely cos it's in Manchester?
basil75
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by basil75 »

How many did we take to the FA trophy final. I've seen 15,000 mentioned somewhere, but that would mean Ebbsfleet took 25,000, which doesn't sound right.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

That and the fact we're deep in a recession. I hope I'm totally wrong but would have thought the Luton v Winbledon game was a good pointer.
Dave