Will we stay up?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

My brain hurts after reading all that -
Very good - but I wish you would spell
AltrinCham correctly !
Think we have to win both, can't see Maidenhead or York losing both games
Don't think it matters if Barnet finish 4th 5th or 6th does it ? So will they be going for it ?
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by standupsitdown »

desperado wrote: 20 Apr 2023, 12:34 My brain hurts after reading all that -
Very good - but I wish you would spell
AltrinCham correctly !
Think we have to win both, can't see Maidenhead or York losing both games
Don't think it matters if Barnet finish 4th 5th or 6th does it ? So will they be going for it ?
4th & 5th get home play off match so it is an advantage.

Agree we have to win both and even if we do we'll still be favourites to go down.

Altrincham - Sorry - I've been spelling it wrong for ever. Only just realised now you've pointed it out!
Cheddargull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Cheddargull »

standupsitdown wrote: 20 Apr 2023, 11:41 So the new situation is (excluding very unlikely changes in goal difference):

If we draw at Altringham we will be relegated on Saturday unless York lose to Aldershot or Maidenhead lose to Barnet.

If we draw at Altringham we can’t be relegated on Saturday.
Two mutually exclusive statements.
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by standupsitdown »

Cheddargull wrote: 20 Apr 2023, 13:58 Two mutually exclusive statements.
Sorry, the second should say win.
culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by culmstockgull »

No matter how many permutations are put forward by various posters the fact remains we may get a result from altrincham but I see nothing from the Wrexham game other than a full house, they will want to finish on a high, 2000 fans from up north will not be happy seeing them go down to a team widely tipped for the drop.I fervently hope we survive but reality is somewhat different, they are top for a reason and they average over 2.5 goals a game, if we think chesterfield's strikers were dangerous then wait till palmer, mullin, mcallinden and lee get going, not forgetting billy waters off course.
budegull1954
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by budegull1954 »

Let's hope Billy Waters is 'off course'!!
Cheddargull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Cheddargull »

culmstockgull wrote: 20 Apr 2023, 16:41 they will want to finish on a high, 2000 fans from up north will not be happy seeing them go down to a team widely tipped for the drop.
Once they've won the thing you don't know how they're react. When we won the NLS Championship we promptly went on to lose away to Chippenham in the next game and then on the day the trophy was presented to us at Plainmoor we lost to relegated Hungerford.
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

Deciphering all these comments we appear to be all singing off the same hymn sheet just in a different key. The top note is we need 4 points. Simples!
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by standupsitdown »

MellowYellow wrote: 20 Apr 2023, 18:55 Deciphering all these comments we appear to be all singing off the same hymn sheet just in a different key. The top note is we need 4 points. Simples!
Six points would be much better. That would mean that one of York or Maidenhead have to win one of their last two games, or Aldershot get a point.