Torquay Utd v Dorking Wanderers - 09/11/22 7.45pm

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
gullsgullsgulls
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Sills

Post by gullsgullsgulls »

So you aren’t there?
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Obviously not that easy cause its 3-3
gullsgullsgulls
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Sills

Post by gullsgullsgulls »

Well stop typing because you missed the equaliser.
teddiebear
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by teddiebear »

Hahaha
Minneapolisgull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Jo Kuffour

Post by Minneapolisgull »

:goodpost: :goodpost:
gullsgullsgulls wrote: 09 Nov 2022, 21:39 Well stop typing because you missed the equaliser.
Mr Tea808
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Mr Tea808 »

I can't figure out if Johnson is some tactical genius,or he's a jammy one with a lucky horseshoe up his rear??, Altrincham, Hampton and Richmond and tonight we've looked piss poor/great all in a 90 min match, tonight how we got away with that I'm not so sure,very fortunate,if Chesterfield turn up on Saturday it could get ugly,at least we are off the bottom,saw positive signs in spells,but overall very lucky point gained.
gateman49
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: George McBrearty

Post by gateman49 »

Mr Tea808 wrote: 09 Nov 2022, 21:52 ....... tonight we've looked piss poor/great ....... but overall very lucky point gained.
I beg to differ. We were unlucky not to be 2 - 0 up before they scored out of the blue at the end of the first half. We were indeed awful for 20 minutes or so in the second period but somehow got going again and should have won it as the ref failed to see a blatant foul in the box on Jarvis when De Silva put in a lovely cross.

We deserved more than a point over the whole game but the second half was painful to watch at times.
Steve_TUFC
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Steve_TUFC »

gateman49 wrote: 09 Nov 2022, 22:05 I beg to differ. We were unlucky not to be 2 - 0 up before they scored out of the blue at the end of the first half. We were indeed awful for 20 minutes or so in the second period but somehow got going again and should have won it as the ref failed to see a blatant foul in the box on Jarvis when De Silva put in a lovely cross.

We deserved more than a point over the whole game but the second half was painful to watch at times.
:goodpost:
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

somersetgull wrote: 09 Nov 2022, 20:50 Awful half.

Been totally dominated by part timers.

People who still happy clap and think we will stay up.obviously aren't here.

Never mind we got a draw v Derby under 23s team we must be good.

Ellis oh my oh my. Experienced defender.

Ok.then...Come on down.and see him in real life.

Respect to Dorking they are playing actual football.

Hopefully only 1-3 tonight.
U23's really???
Even if that was the case - which it obviously isn't - maybe you need to see how many U23 teams that actually beat league clubs in the EFL Cup...
And wrong again then re the score and result...... :}
If you've been on the pop tonight, get to specsavers and look at the final score....
I'd take a point after being 3-1 down with 25mins left.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

gullsgullsgulls wrote: 09 Nov 2022, 21:39 Well stop typing because you missed the equaliser.
:rofl:
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

dawlishmatt
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Steve cooper

Post by dawlishmatt »

somersetgull wrote: 09 Nov 2022, 21:38 .
Yes block k on popside. Usual spot since 1984.
Hi Somersetgull, I hope you enjoyed the match last night from block k on the popside, your usual spot since 1984. Mrs Dawlish wants to know if Dr Who used his/her tardis to transport you back to the 80s. On 6th November 2022 you told me that you were aged 31, married and have 2 children. This means that you were born in either 1990 or 1991. So am I correct that you have been watching Torquay at plainmoor around 6 or 7 years before you were born?
There's an old saying that states that if you tell the truth you don't have to have a good memory. Liars will always slip up sooner or later.
UnitedinDevon
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by UnitedinDevon »

dawlishmatt wrote: 10 Nov 2022, 06:03 Hi Somersetgull, I hope you enjoyed the match last night from block k on the popside, your usual spot since 1984. Mrs Dawlish wants to know if Dr Who used his/her tardis to transport you back to the 80s. On 6th November 2022 you told me that you were aged 31, married and have 2 children. This means that you were born in either 1990 or 1991. So am I correct that you have been watching Torquay at plainmoor around 6 or 7 years before you were born?
There's an old saying that states that if you tell the truth you don't have to have a good memory. Liars will always slip up sooner or later.
First good post from your Dawlish, this season is turning around!!
teddiebear
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by teddiebear »

Hahaha
Modgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Modgull »

Thought long and hard about last night's game - at times we were made to look like amateurs rather than full-time professionals but we eventually found a way to manufacture a result. Yes, only a draw but could quite easily have won it had Goodwin and Jarvis not spurned glorious chances towards the end.

I really enjoyed Dorking's approach to the game - we could not live with their pass and move game. They showed lots of skill on the ball and created acres of space for their midfield to run the game until they rather ran out of steam.

For me, our stand-out players were Ellis, Da Silva and Lapslie in that order.

What was Halstead doing going up for the last corner though? Did he still think he was in a cup tie and losing by a goal!
Phil

Another marathon beckons!
culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by culmstockgull »

That was a poor game to watch, not sure what Johnsons thoughts were last night but he got the tactics and set up wrong. If we are to play the pressing game then everyne has to buy into it not the odd one or two, Halstead tried to boot everything first half but the wind meant he rarely made the half way line, I watched the clock and it was the 77 minutes befoe we passed out from the back for the first time, I doubt the replays will show us winning a second ball all night.
Midfield worries me, while lapslie and hall are good players at this level they cannot do the work on their own. Wearne didnt put in a full shift last night, Crowe was turned inside out by their winger and was not strong enough in the tackle and Jarvis seems to have assumed the Andrews mantle by spending more time on his arse than standing up, De Silva was a bright spark and his first goal was especially well taken.
After Sundays officials, we are back to the bog standard second rate FA ref and linesman.