FACR1 Replay - Derby County Torquay Utd Mon 14/11/22

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Gimpymoo wrote: 11 Nov 2022, 10:28 Wishing you the best of luck against Derby.

Me and the kids have got our tickets in the Torquay end.

We live on the Nottingham side of the A52 so for obvious reasons, could not pass up this opportunity to see Derby knocked out of the FA Cup to National league opposition, hope you can go there, throw the formbook out of the windows and make a good go of it and I tip my hat to all of you making the journey midweek.

I went to Dover away midweek with Notts last season and that seemed like a mission and a half.
Great post mate and thanks for the support! :clap:
Just to let you know though, we all dont live in Sunny Devon (Unfortunately) :-/ :)
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

Gimpymoo
Trialist
Trialist

Post by Gimpymoo »

SuperNickyWroe wrote: 11 Nov 2022, 12:18 Just to let you know though, we all dont live in Sunny Devon (Unfortunately) :-/ :)
HAHA - Fair play. Does look like you are taking a solid number though.

I heard Derby only opening two stands on the night which could work in Torquay's favour if home turnout is low. Make some noise and see what happens :-D

The magic of the FA cup, anything can happen. Hoping for a great night.

Hats off, you still made it further than Notts did :bow:
Rambler
New Signing
New Signing

Post by Rambler »

Evening all safe journey to those coming up tomorrow.... Quick update on the possible crowd has of 17.30 we have sold around 6k for this game plus the numbers you bring. Our number could rise with on the day sales but that will not be by many.
Admiral
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Admiral »

Obviously this is not a glamorous tie for Derby! Only have to look at our crowd against Havant last season, and Hampton this season.

I keep hearing 900, but I expect it’ll be more like 6-700. Long way on a Tuesday night and it’s on the tele too, had we been doing well in the league we’d bring a few more!
Admiral
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by Admiral »

We’ve sold our blocks K L and M, whatever that holds
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Dave_Pougher »

Bit concerned about this game now weathers awful here in Bristol, hopefully Derby’s pitch weather protection is good.
Rambler
New Signing
New Signing

Post by Rambler »

Dave_Pougher wrote: 15 Nov 2022, 08:01 Bit concerned about this game now weathers awful here in Bristol, hopefully Derby’s pitch weather protection is good.
Awful here In Derby I live about a mile from the ground rain predicted to stop around 2pm then maybe a few showers during the game.

Game should go ahead no problem the pitch and drainage is up there with the best in the country so should be no issues.
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

Would have thought so - it's not The Baseball Ground any more for those old enough !
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Dave_Pougher »

desperado wrote: 15 Nov 2022, 10:52 Would have thought so - it's not The Baseball Ground any more for those old enough !
WHAT! I was hoping to have a chat with Brian Clough !
Gull1899
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Gull1899 »

Have to say disappointed with Derby only selling around 6k tonight..thought they were a ‘big’ club? Hopefully we knock them out tonight as they’re clearly not that bothered about either a) Their club or B) The FA Cup.

Wish we’d drawn a bigger club at that level now
LeagueOneTour
Trialist
Trialist

Post by LeagueOneTour »

Gull1899 wrote: 15 Nov 2022, 15:43 Have to say disappointed with Derby only selling around 6k tonight..thought they were a ‘big’ club? Hopefully we knock them out tonight as they’re clearly not that bothered about either a) Their club or B) The FA Cup.

Think you’re absolutely deluded in thinking there would be a big crowd for this. Would have been different if it wasn’t a replay. We had over 20k against Southport a few seasons ago.

Derby have the highest average attendances in the league, and only 2 Championship clubs have higher gates. For comparison, Sheff Wed had 8k against Morecambe in the first round. You really couldn’t have got a better draw.

Let’s not forget, we are only playing this game because Cashin was wrongly sent off. The sending off changed the game.
Cheddargull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Cheddargull »

Gull1899 wrote: 15 Nov 2022, 15:43 Have to say disappointed with Derby only selling around 6k tonight..thought they were a ‘big’ club? Hopefully we knock them out tonight as they’re clearly not that bothered about either a) Their club or B) The FA Cup.

They are a big club. Its us who are the poor attraction.
Mr Tea808
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Mr Tea808 »

Think people are deluded if they thought Derby would get over 10.000 for tonight's game,loads of factors contribute towards that, mainly the fact it's on
tele,Derby have had a load of games lately, people simply cannot afford it,it's bloody expensive,and with no disrespect, Torquay at home isn't a glamorous tie for them is it?,their fans took big numbers to MK on sat and Liverpool mid week,it's not easy to constantly find the cash to attend live games.
Admiral
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by Admiral »

To Derby this is like us playing Chippenham at home.
toastkid
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: david graham

Post by toastkid »

Us vs Chippenham? Sounds good.