Torquay Utd v Aldershot Town - Tue 01/11/22 7.45pm

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Admiral
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Admiral »

Mr Tea808 wrote: 31 Oct 2022, 21:38 This season reminds me of 1984 to 1986 where we constantly changed the starting XI week in, week out, how can you make a new signing and play him the same day, it's crazy and very thrown together bordering on desperate,all if a sudden Ness and Ellis are the chosen CB pairing,4 days ago neither were at the club,we wonder why we are so disjointed and open to play against,it's no bloody wonder is it?,how can we work on shape,patterns of play,general tactical basics when the team has zero continuity?,
Very good point, but I think with a fit LB and RB we’d only be talking about Ellis walking into the team given his experience. A back 4 of Martin Moxey Ellis and Crowe would be good enough to stick at IMO. Trouble is, it’ll never be a 4!
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

Mr Tea808 wrote: 31 Oct 2022, 21:38 This season reminds me of 1984 to 1986 where we constantly changed the starting XI week in, week out, how can you make a new signing and play him the same day, it's crazy and very thrown together bordering on desperate,all if a sudden Ness and Ellis are the chosen CB pairing,4 days ago neither were at the club,we wonder why we are so disjointed and open to play against,it's no bloody wonder is it?,how can we work on shape,patterns of play,general tactical basics when the team has zero continuity?,
That’s the problem we have no plan, actually that’s incorrect we have a plan to not lose but that never goes to plan.
Lucy
UnitedinDevon
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by UnitedinDevon »

Wolborough wrote: 31 Oct 2022, 09:13 Errrr …… Hall is injured.
Errr.... is he?

Had an MRI scan before saturdays game and has an ongoing issue with one of the bones in his feet, unless you can errr tell us errr more err?
Forest gull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Steve Cooper
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Forest gull »

Spot on. We were dreadful in the mid 80’s and the sun 1,000 crowds proved it.
Jpr
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Mark loram

Post by Jpr »

This is Gary’s team, even in the play off final season we had players on loan that made are team top of the league, until the Christmas or just after when a few went back to there parent clubs and left us once more with a Gary’s team. And it’s down hill from there.
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by standupsitdown »

Most important game of the season so far.
We simply must start picking up some wins or there will be the proverbial mountain to climb.
At least four points from this and Dorking is a minimum if we're to start turning the season round.
DevonBee
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by DevonBee »

Without doubt the biggest game of the season, time for all to step up. Hope we die for the 3 points, we need to thats for sure.
Treat it as a 6 pointer, lets get back to winning at Plainmoor. Looking forward to supporting and encouraging the boys tonight.
As I say it is time for all to step up.
thebigp1
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by thebigp1 »

DevonBee wrote: 01 Nov 2022, 12:46 Without doubt the biggest game of the season, time for all to step up. Hope we die for the 3 points, we need to thats for sure.
Treat it as a 6 pointer, lets get back to winning at Plainmoor. Looking forward to supporting and encouraging the boys tonight.
As I say it is time for all to step up.
Spot on. I see Aldershot are getting backed heavily in the betting markets today and as expected are strong favourites.

Whilst I’m not confident we need 3 points tonight and have to start closing the gap on the clubs above us. the club have clearly backed GJ with the new signings in the last week. There can be no more excuses about injuries, suspensions or referee decisions.
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell

Post by portugull »

Gary has at least got some choice tonight but some very careful decisions to make.

First of all we have 7 Loan Players and only 5 can be named in the squad. Ellis, Ness, Wearne, De Silva and Goodwin look most likely so no place for Smith? Okoli is injured I believe.

Will Crowe be available or still injured? I am assuming Asa Hall will not be fit but his scan may be OK we do not know.

So midfield 5 Wearne, Donnellan, McGavin, Lapslie and De Silva?

Will Gary finally go 4 4 2? I think tonight will be the most important team selection decisions of the season.COYY
Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane

Post by Dutchgull »

I just hope he remembers how many loan players he can have in the match day squad !!!
Admiral
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by Admiral »

Dutchgull wrote: 01 Nov 2022, 16:52 I just hope he remembers how many loan players he can have in the match day squad !!!
Doubt we’ll see Okoli so that’ll take it down to 6. If Crowe is fit it may be Ness who misses out, but it depends whether he plays a back 4?
Admiral
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by Admiral »

2-0 up

4-4-2
knightmaregull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by knightmaregull »

Terrible first half so far for all those so desperate for Gary's head .....!
teddiebear
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by teddiebear »

Yep that's mutt gone for a few days
Minneapolisgull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Jo Kuffour

Post by Minneapolisgull »

In Gary we trust! Again
Or until next week.