Torquay Utd v Aldershot Town - Tue 01/11/22 7.45pm

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
North Curry House
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by North Curry House »

5-0 up playing like Arsenal...but have we got enough, and Omar coming on
Bristol_Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Rodney Jack
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Bristol_Gull »

Great to see a 5-0 scoreline

Not that we’ve been calling for a change in formation all season!!

58 mins Omar comes on and revert to 532 and the commentators express the same concern about this change that I’m feeling even at 5-0 up!!

COYY
Bristol_Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Bristol_Gull »

Hmmmmmm. Who’s man was that? 😫
Bristol_Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Bristol_Gull »

Jarvis hat trick 👏👏👏
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by standupsitdown »

What a difference!!!!!!
6.1 was a fair reflection of the game. We seemed able to make chances at will.
Aldershot didn't look up to much but they weren't that bad. We were just very good. Battled for every ball, had players in space, Ellis made a huge difference at the back and with some service the strikers showed what they can do.
A couple of excellent goals from passing moves. And we hit the post twice.
Still bottom but if we keep playing like that we'll move up the table soon.
Big concern though is how long the loan players are here for and can we replace them when they go.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Wow.
We sounded like Real Madrid on the radio! :rofl:
Looking forward to Sunday. :)
Up the Gulls.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

teddiebear wrote: 01 Nov 2022, 20:19 Yep that's mutt gone for a few days
Wonder who you mean.......... :}
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

DevonBee
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by DevonBee »

Just got back. A welcome victory at last. We stepped up to the plate and this was a must win.
I hope this kick starts things for us.
Without doubt the added experience we all wanted at
Centre back is here now for a month . Him and Ness
alongside Moxey steadied the ship.
De Silva tricky and so pleased for Jarvis who took his goals well. Everyone including the yellow army played
their part. Onto Sunday and enjoy, but we need to build on this next Wednesday with another performance.
COYY
tufcyellowarmy
First Regular
First Regular

Post by tufcyellowarmy »

Just got home.
My first home game this season due to work commitments.
Outstanding energy and pressing created so many turnovers and subsequent chances. Wearne was as good as before and Ellis was that solid CB we have been crying out for.
Jarvis gets his hat trick which was richly deserved but Lapslie looked like a man possessed. 4-4-2 is the way forward .
Well done to GJ and the lads for giving it a right go.
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

A brilliant display tonight by the boys in Yellow which had the 1,605 crowd rocking except for the 150 Shots Fans who could not believe their eyes.

Right from the off United playing 4-4-2 were pressing hard and some of the passing moves were of real quality.De Silva was great to watch,turns on a sixpence, and after 20 minutes had 3 Shots defenders marking him.

I have said for ages just 3 or 4 players could transform the team and Mark Ellis, Ness, Wearne and De Silva were all very good which meant that at last Asa Hall and Tom Lapslie could assist in providing service to our 2 strikers which resulted in 3 goals for the excellent Jarvis and a deserved goal for Goodwin.

To all the posters who want Gary out, but do not attend games, you missed a terrific performance which left Aldershot totally outclassed.

I know one win does not define a season but it was the manner of the win which was so impressive and gives me huge confidence that we have turned the corner.

It was great to see Mark Ellis who was voted MOTM by the Match Sponsors chatting to Fans by the Family stand after the game. Welcome back Mark.

Congratulations to Gary Johnson on getting in some key players who made all the difference.

If we play this well on Sunday it should be a good game and Derby County will not have it all their own way. COYY
UnitedinDevon
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by UnitedinDevon »

That was us back to playing our game tonight and after watching 7 home games without a win that was very satisfying!

People in the run up to this game were saying Ellis isn't quick - he isnt - but he reads the game well, has great postioning and heads everything all a bit more important than just pace!

Ness looked very tidy next to him and so did Donellan at RB again very solid, did the basics and did them well

Good confidence goals for Jarvis and Goodwin bar the 1 goal for them everything else was just about perfect!

No pressure on Sunday now for me, they can go out and enjoy it but come the Wednesday game vs Dorking thats the level we need to play at now
SouthHams
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by SouthHams »

Thank goodness. Hopefully we have turned the corner!
There is only way to go (hopefully).
Jpr
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Mark loram

Post by Jpr »

Thank goddess for a win, but still a long way to go, and only one month with these signings what will happen after that, but for now on wards and hopefully upwards. :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:
culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by culmstockgull »

For the dedicated few of us that attended last night and were treated to a wonderful performance that would never ever have occured without the changes in personnel in the last week, so to a certain extent I was frustrated and annoyed that we have had to wait for 17 games to see a game worth paying for.
Twin strikers, two wingers , Ness who is going to be some player and Ellis's experience and reading of the game have altered our eleven into a team as opposed to a group of youngsters who someone once told them had a future in football, if they were watching last night they will rightly see how far they are away from achieving that goal. if Hall Moxey and Lapslie can stay half fit this eleven will get us out of trouble.
I hope once the euphoria of last night dies down Johnson spends all his energies on trying to extend the loans of these new additions.
dawlishmatt
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Steve cooper

Post by dawlishmatt »

SuperNickyWroe wrote: 01 Nov 2022, 22:41 Wonder who you mean.......... :}
Sorry to disappoint teddibear and SNW but I ain't going anywhere. Looking at the league table, oh I see we are bottom after 17 matches with just one home win and three all season. Last night's result was fantastic and nobody is more pleased than me. To actually win a match it has taken the signing of four new players within a week. This proves that the squad that Gary Johnson assembled pre-season is the worst in the league, hence being bottom of said league.
It's only thanks to Uncle Clarke that he has allowed Johnson to sign not one or two players, but four players which he has to pick up the tab for.