FACR1 - Torquay Utd v Derby County Sun 06/11/22

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Mr Tea808
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Mr Tea808 »

I think we need to forget "Derby" the name, if that makes sense,this isn't Cloughie's Derby, or the one that had Saunders, Wright,Shilts,Gabiadini, Wanchope etc etc just to name a few, this Derby County side is,with no disrespect,a top 10 league 1 side at best,I look through their team,and there's a few names,Curtis Davies prob the biggest,but my knowledge of league 1/2 players is decent,but I hardly know any of their players,Hourihane,Chester,but in the main they are an average league 1team,yes Derby is a big name,but that's more history, currently they aren't at all
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

Taelee73 wrote: 04 Nov 2022, 18:10 No idea, but they've not played since last Saturday I believe, so why shouldn't they play most of their first team. Sure if they go a couple up, then take of them some off. Hopefully though, we'll play so well, they'll have to bring some on!
They drew 1-1 at Morecambe on Tuesday night.

They have one or two injuries, and with the big glamour tie against Liverpool away on Wednesday, I would not be at all surprised to see them bring in a few from outside their regular starting XI.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
thebigp1
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by thebigp1 »

What are we looking at attendance wise? Had a quick scan and the bench is basically sold out but the family stand looks half full at best. Maybe it will fill up a bit in the next couple of days but can’t see it being much more than 4000. Pretty disappointing if we can’t get 5000 or so for a game like this.
Rambler
New Signing
New Signing

Post by Rambler »

Evening everyone Derby fan here been reading this thread with interest so maybe able to answer a few of your questions.

We have a number of injuries so no Curtis Davies, Jason Knight and James Chester on Sunday though Connor Hourihane returns from suspension. We have only a small squad coming out of Admin so pretty much it will be a first eleven. We could not fill the bench on Tuesday so the changes will be minimal.
thebigp1
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by thebigp1 »

Rambler wrote: 04 Nov 2022, 21:28 Evening everyone Derby fan here been reading this thread with interest so maybe able to answer a few of your questions.

We have a number of injuries so no Curtis Davies, Jason Knight and James Chester on Sunday though Connor Hourihane returns from suspension. We have only a small squad coming out of Admin so pretty much it will be a first eleven. We could not fill the bench on Tuesday so the changes will be minimal.
Realistically if it’s your first 11 you will beat us comfortably. It’s hard to understate how bad we’ve been this season up until Tuesday. The only thing that gives us a glimmer of hope is that something changed Tuesday night with our 6-1 win over Aldershot. That performance came from nowhere. Perhaps we can cause some problems but I expect the gulf in class will be too big.

For me this is a nice distraction from the league. Chance for some much needed money and some exposure on national TV.
Admiral
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by Admiral »

ITV have been setting up over the last few days, plenty going on up there today. Tuesday’s win was massive for confidence, and at least we’re at home. It’s the FA Cup so you just never know…
Rambler
New Signing
New Signing

Post by Rambler »

thebigp1 wrote: 05 Nov 2022, 10:01 Realistically if it’s your first 11 you will beat us comfortably. It’s hard to understate how bad we’ve been this season up until Tuesday. The only thing that gives us a glimmer of hope is that something changed Tuesday night with our 6-1 win over Aldershot. That performance came from nowhere. Perhaps we can cause some problems but I expect the gulf in class will be too big.

For me this is a nice distraction from the league. Chance for some much needed money and some exposure on national TV.
If you have some pace up front you will cause us problems we are not the quickest at the back though Eiran Cashin has been our outstanding player this season possibly the best centre back in league one for his age.

Up front our usual starting pair are James Collins and David McGoldrick though both may not start young Osula on loan from Sheff Utd is raw strong and quick may start in instead of Collins.

Our style is still developing under Warne he wants the ball forward quicker and more crosses where has Rosenoir wanted possession based. In both styles so far we do not score enough though create lots of chances

Derby predicted XI: Wildsmith, Smith, Cashin, Forsyth, Roberts, Bird, Hourihane, Dobbin, Sibley, Mendez-Laing and Osula.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Leaving at 8am in the morning to get to the game.
Looking forward to seeing everyone in the Gulls Nest and the game.
As some of today's results have shown, we have a chance to progress to Round 2.
Derby will be more nervous than us.
Up the Gulls.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

Admiral
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by Admiral »

I see we’re allowed to name 9 on the bench today… let’s just pretend we didn’t know
Eirik
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Eifion Williams

Post by Eirik »

We get to see the match in Norway as well. I will pop out the whiskey bottle again. It worked wonders on Tuesday evening :)
-Eirik-
Proud member of Torquay United Supporters Norway
https://www.facebook.com/groups/norwaygulls

TUST MEMBER - https://www.tust.co.uk/
grockle
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Willie Brown

Post by grockle »

Admiral wrote: 06 Nov 2022, 07:27 I see we’re allowed to name 9 on the bench today… let’s just pretend we didn’t know
:lol:
gullno4
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Rene

Post by gullno4 »

Still appears to be a lot of tickets remaining for both home and away. Would be nice to see 4500+, but sadly we’re nowhere near a sell out.
The gulls are going up
Mr Tea808
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Mr Tea808 »

This may sound a tad cranky, but is there a risk game maybe off with waterlogged pitch?,
GullsUnited
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by GullsUnited »

This is my worry too, Aldershot was on and that was about as bad as it is now so I imagine the groundsman are already out especially because its on TV
thebigp1
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by thebigp1 »

Mr Tea808 wrote: 06 Nov 2022, 10:12 This may sound a tad cranky, but is there a risk game maybe off with waterlogged pitch?,
Must be a risk, pouring down here