FACR1 - Torquay Utd v Derby County Sun 06/11/22

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
TamworthRam
Trialist
Trialist

Post by TamworthRam »

Fair do’s. Well worthy of at least a replay for your boys.

I think the ref got the big decisions right. The high boot would have been a harsh red card but no complaints about the penalty and sending off.

Sadly, I’m not sure how much of a payday the replay will be. Ticket prices will no doubt be low as will the attendance. So, not a lot to share around once you’ve deducted the costs of staging the game. Still, you might still end up with a winners bonus and lucrative tie in the second round.
DevonBee
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie
Watches from: Pop side

Post by DevonBee »

Excellent battling performance from the boys, a great week for us. A few bob to be earnt with the replay, and we are in the draw tomorrow.
Pleased to see the re-birth of Gary time......never give up. Have we turned the corner ?...well 3 more points on Wednesday will be huge.
COYY
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by standupsitdown »

Midlandgull wrote: 06 Nov 2022, 17:12 Absolutely superb! Brilliant come back and spirit.

How much is that worth for us to get a replay do you think?

When will the replay be?

I cannot wait, hope we are there in force!
I would assume Tuesday 15th as Derby are playing Portsmouth on Friday 18th.
dawlishmatt
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Steve cooper

Post by dawlishmatt »

teddiebear wrote: 06 Nov 2022, 17:00 Another quiet weekend for the mutt
I'm happy that dispite the fantastic second half performance from the Gulls, you still have me deep in your thoughts teddiebear. Are you in love with me or something? I don't know if you're a man or a woman but please understand that I'm not gay ( no offence to gay or transgender people). Please understand that if you are Female I would never cheat on Mrs Dawlish. Sorry to disappoint you.
teddiebear
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by teddiebear »

Hahaha what makes you think you are special??
thebigp1
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by thebigp1 »

Only just got back from the game. Second half we were good in what was very difficult conditions. Red card was game changing moment. Had we equalised a bit earlier i felt we could have even gone on to win.

Given what’s been served up so far this season was nice to see some fight and spirit in the side. Shame we’ve got a few dick head fans going over to goad the Derby fans at the end. Probably cost the club a few quid.
Rambler
New Signing
New Signing

Post by Rambler »

Well done on your replay totally deserved for the way you finished the game the red card changed the game we were not great before it but in control of the game after it we were abysmal.

Hopefully the replay will make TV too and boost the money if they price it at £10 a adult has they have in the past would expect a crowd of 10 to 13 thousand. Game most likely the 15th look forward to seeing some of you then, for league game you get 3100 tickets but for the cup I think it is more
Admiral
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Admiral »

Rambler wrote: 06 Nov 2022, 20:19 Well done on your replay totally deserved for the way you finished the game the red card changed the game we were not great before it but in control of the game after it we were abysmal.

Hopefully the replay will make TV too and boost the money if they price it at £10 a adult has they have in the past would expect a crowd of 10 to 13 thousand. Game most likely the 15th look forward to seeing some of you then, for league game you get 3100 tickets but for the cup I think it is more
I think 1000 Torquay would be a good turnout
Modgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Alex Russell

Post by Modgull »

Another great game - full of drama and incident. ITV and their audience must have been well pleased with their decision to air the game.

The key incident was, of course, the foul for the penalty. The officials got it just right - a definite penalty and, because there was no attempt to challenge for the ball, a red card. Whether or not it was a clear scoring chance and whether or not there was another defender goal side of the incident it had to be a red card. From then on it was largely one way football and a succession of chances were spurned before the equaliser went in amidst chaotic scenes for which, unfortunately, the Club will likely face severe sanction.

For me, three players had standout games for United - Halstead for two great last-ditch tackles outside his area to keep the Derby tally down to two, Ellis who apart from the second Derby goal had an immense defensive performance and Jarvis who caused the Derby defence no end of problems.

Well done to the Club for presenting such a good image for the outside world and to the fans who kept Plainmoor rocking throughout, even when it looked possible that Derby would romp away with it.
Phil

Another marathon beckons!
UnitedinDevon
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by UnitedinDevon »

Mr Tea808 wrote: 06 Nov 2022, 17:15 Strange game, but we hung in there and got a draw, God knows how, but we did, in "the mixer" at the end, it drops to Goodwin and he slots it home!!!,pleased for everyone, not sure what those tossers on the pitch were doing running over to Derby fans??, Thought we did okay, it wasn't a classic, but a Replay, Wearne and Da Silva really froze, didn't play well, but overall a decent display.
Unfortunately had to watch this on TV first home game I've missed

Disagree though, thought da Silva and wearne were good outlets for us through the game and ran with the ball

Wearne put some great balls into the box too

A 'bigger' game always attracts these morons, hopefully no punishment for this
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Great atmosphere and great game. I bet ITV were well happy - a better and more even match than the previous one that was on... :)
Game had everything - good play, great tackles and great commitment.
Thought the ref got the decisions right.
Some cracking performances from the players - I know Derby are short on players but those players have been playing in L1, but we gave them a good game and if we had eqaulised earlier, I think we'd have won it.
Shout-outs to "Tiger" Tom Lapslie who was everywhere including in the refs ear most of the game again =D Aaron Jarvis who put himself about, Mark Halstead for some crucial interventions and the coolness of Asa for having to wait and then bury the pen confidently.
My Derby supporting mate who went with me enjoyed his "experience" of the Gulls Nest and the Popside and said that we had a "proper" ground.
Good to meet up with Forever & Courtier Gull as usual.
Pity about the d*ckheads on the pitch...... :@
Will be going to the replay seeing as it's only 90mins down the road! :clap:
Up the Gulls.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

Taelee73
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rodney jack

Post by Taelee73 »

Fairly certain those moron 'fans' who ran on the pitch probably won't be at Plainmoor on Wednesday or Saturday or again this season.
So much for Derby selling out their allocation.
Would be great to take a 1000 up there, but a Tuesday night game and a long way away, 300?
Good performance in difficult conditions, never say die spirit. The slippy pitch meant de Silva didn't have much chance to take players on which was a shame. Jarvis looked the most likely of our strikers, thought Goodwin was well off the pace, but then pops up with the equaliser.
Pity Derby had to use one area of the pitch extensively for their warm up, they did a fair amount of damage to it.
Hopefully we can continue this form onwards.
Louis
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Louis »

⚽️ Prediction League 23/24 - TUFC merch prizes for grabs
⚽️ Press Room - all latest TUFC News
⚽️ @Torquay_Fans - follow us on X for all the latest

The Eternal Optimist
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Don Mills

Post by The Eternal Optimist »

Conditions were very difficult, and with the heavy pitch, it was an energy sapping game. To keep going in those conditions,
,to be 2 nil down, and be the better team at the end, AND to score in the last seconds, more than proved that the Torquay players are fit, both mentally and physically. Bodes well for the rest of the season. As long as we can keep clear of more injuries.
Admiral
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Admiral »

In this 4-4-2 system with the new players added we look a good side. We could really do with one of Martin/Wyatt fit to take the pressure off Moxey.