Notts County v Torquay United Sat 29 Oct KO 3pm

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
UnitedinDevon
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by UnitedinDevon »

decent claims for a penatly for us not given
DevonBee
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie
Watches from: Pop side

Post by DevonBee »

over and out 3-0
DevonBee
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by DevonBee »

bloody hell now 4-0.......Ellis and Moxey subbed and the score doubles in 5 minutes !
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

FT 4-0
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

UnitedinDevon
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by UnitedinDevon »

very good commentary on Radio Devon including Steve Woods, gave a very balanced and honest view on the game

Tuesday is a big game
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

UnitedinDevon wrote: 29 Oct 2022, 17:02 very good commentary on Radio Devon including Steve Woods, gave a very balanced and honest view on the game

Tuesday is a big game
It was good commo. :clap:
Game changed - as they rightly said - with the blatent dive by Nemane for their pen/2nd goal.
Pity he never did that sort of thing when he played for us....... :@
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

Mr Tea808
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Mr Tea808 »

Basically we are a team of strangers, most of the squad now are loan players,how can you work on anything in training when the starting XI changes all the time, brilliant Mark Ellis is in,his experience alone is worthwhile,but all the rest aren't up to it,feel for Goodwin,he must be wondering what the heck he's joined.but the summer signings aren't up to it,Ali Omar is deffo out of the club if Ness is coming in and starting over him, dosent say much for Ali, forget Derby County,Tues is huge, to many players just aren't good enough for NL football,they are decent,but this level is beyond them.
typicaltorquay
Trialist
Trialist

Post by typicaltorquay »

Hopefully we can turn it around before it's too late...
culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by culmstockgull »

Its too early in the season to even talk about six pointers, listening to the very good commentary from radio devon, I was not down, the top team who score three in most games against the bottom team who rarely score, so the result was as it should be .
a totally different back four or three with ellis and the lad ness who sounds a very good loan, midfield even with a five strugged all afternoon but with a loan striker notts could afford to play their game with out much trouble.
Oddly I feel more confident tonight than I have for several weeks, I reckon we still need more experience even short term loans but pros who know the game.
Minneapolisgull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Jo Kuffour

Post by Minneapolisgull »

We are now being cut adrift need two wins to think about getting out of the relegation zone.
I do not think anyone expected anything else's today...
Even the devon podcast have started to change the narrative from we are a really god team just unlucky wait for it al! To come together to
We are in a relegation battle.
As much I hate to say it its time for a change in manager new guy coming could give us the lift we need.
Unless we start winning soon we could be down by christmas ! We cannot buy a win

P
Bristol_Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by Bristol_Gull »

I listened to parts of the 2nd half on Radio Devon whilst driving and whilst I don’t like to single players out, particularly when they clearly have their heart in the right place, however when I heard Ali Omar was coming on I said to my wife “listen how quickly we concede now” as the patterns are becoming predictable

Within 1 minute of Ali coming we concede 2 more.

Clearly this cannot be all attributed to Ali as the problems with our defence appear systemic to the team, but we do have weak links in the back line that if not resolved asap will cost us dearly.

It is my hope that Ellis coming in will help shore things up, Ness sounded like he put in a decent shift so there is hope if we can avoid more injuries and sendings off.

Where is Okoli now? Another loanee who plays 1-2 games and disappears?

Gary’s entire playing philosophy to date has been to win through attacking football, irrespective of how many we concede in the process. I don’t think we’ve ever had a particularly strong defence under GJ, but he’s previously made it up in goals scored.

Well, unfortunately the formula isn’t working. Unless we can consistently score 2,3 or 4 goals per game then our current defensive play will lead us to the drop so we have to improve all across the pitch.

I want to stand behind Gary, he’s clearly a manager who performs better when confidence is behind him and I truly believe he needs the support of the fans right now, but I’m torn as my own confidence is wavering as we will face a potential drop if we don’t get a decent run of points very soon.

No one really anticipated a positive result today and once again the commentators, local press and management will likely speak about work rate, positive periods of play etc but unfortunately it’s now become “same old story”.

It’s time for results.

Let’s go all in on Tuesday and see where we go from there
UnitedinDevon
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by UnitedinDevon »

brucie wrote: 29 Oct 2022, 15:57 Yeovil winning. Oh yes didnt they change manager.......
:whistle:
thebigp1
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by thebigp1 »

Bristol_Gull wrote: 29 Oct 2022, 17:29 I listened to parts of the 2nd half on Radio Devon whilst driving and whilst I don’t like to single players out, particularly when they clearly have their heart in the right place, however when I heard Ali Omar was coming on I said to my wife “listen how quickly we concede now” as the patterns are becoming predictable

Within 1 minute of Ali coming we concede 2 more.

Clearly this cannot be all attributed to Ali as the problems with our defence appear systemic to the team, but we do have weak links in the back line that if not resolved asap will cost us dearly.

It is my hope that Ellis coming in will help shore things up, Ness sounded like he put in a decent shift so there is hope if we can avoid more injuries and sendings off.

Where is Okoli now? Another loanee who plays 1-2 games and disappears?

Gary’s entire playing philosophy to date has been to win through attacking football, irrespective of how many we concede in the process. I don’t think we’ve ever had a particularly strong defence under GJ, but he’s previously made it up in goals scored.

Well, unfortunately the formula isn’t working. Unless we can consistently score 2,3 or 4 goals per game then our current defensive play will lead us to the drop so we have to improve all across the pitch.

I want to stand behind Gary, he’s clearly a manager who performs better when confidence is behind him and I truly believe he needs the support of the fans right now, but I’m torn as my own confidence is wavering as we will face a potential drop if we don’t get a decent run of points very soon.

No one really anticipated a positive result today and once again the commentators, local press and management will likely speak about work rate, positive periods of play etc but unfortunately it’s now become “same old story”.

It’s time for results.

Let’s go all in on Tuesday and see where we go from there
The problem with standing behind GJ and hoping we turn it round on Tuesday is the exact same things were said after the Wrexham game. Everyone was saying we had 2 must win home games against Scunthorpe and Maidenhead. Well since then nothing has changed, we’ve picked up 2 fortunate points. Results have not improved and we’ve gone into todays match just accepting defeat before it’s even started. He should have been gone after Wrexham but instead we’ve just waited and left ourselves even further behind.

Ultimately football is a results business. I’ve heard a lot of fans saying I ‘feel’ things will turn around or ‘back GJ and the team’. There is no evidence of things turning. All the statistics say otherwise. I fully accept that a change of manager might not solve anything but we have nothing to lose.
UnitedinDevon
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by UnitedinDevon »

thebigp1 wrote: 29 Oct 2022, 18:04 The problem with standing behind GJ and hoping we turn it round on Tuesday is the exact same things were said after the Wrexham game. Everyone was saying we had 2 must win home games against Scunthorpe and Maidenhead. Well since then nothing has changed, we’ve picked up 2 fortunate points. Results have not improved and we’ve gone into todays match just accepting defeat before it’s even started. He should have been gone after Wrexham but instead we’ve just waited and left ourselves even further behind.

Ultimately football is a results business. I’ve heard a lot of fans saying I ‘feel’ things will turn around or ‘back GJ and the team’. There is no evidence of things turning. All the statistics say otherwise. I fully accept that a change of manager might not solve anything but we have nothing to lose.
Can only have 5 loanees in the matchday squad
DevonBee
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by DevonBee »

culmstockgull wrote: 29 Oct 2022, 17:27 Its too early in the season to even talk about six pointers, listening to the very good commentary from radio devon, I was not down, the top team who score three in most games against the bottom team who rarely score, so the result was as it should be .
a totally different back four or three with ellis and the lad ness who sounds a very good loan, midfield even with a five strugged all afternoon but with a loan striker notts could afford to play their game with out much trouble.
Oddly I feel more confident tonight than I have for several weeks, I reckon we still need more experience even short term loans but pros who know the game.
Maybe not in your eyes on the 6 point front culmstock, but we are in a relegation battle already.so Tuesday is now a must win.
To coin a Neil Warnock phrase ' you have to ******* die to get 3 points' needs to be hammered into them.

I have no doubts the loan signing of Mark Ellis will prove some experience and stability when we face the sides around us, but he has signed for 1 month only as
things stand. Interesting that we leaked 2 more goals when Moxey and Ellis were subbed (not good for Omar confidence) and cannot really see the
point in saving the pair with 5 minutes left unless they were both injured tbh.

We can get more loans in, however only 5 allowed in the matchday squad I believe.