Torquay v Altrincham Sat 22/10/22 5.20pm

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Bristol_Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Rodney Jack
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Bristol_Gull »

4-4 CROWE! Unbelievable strike in Gary time!
Stickingitin
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Stickingitin »

Asa thinks they should have had all 3 pts BECAUSE why would you take off your most influential player who has two goals in a match YOU MUST WIN???
Bristol_Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by Bristol_Gull »

Huge fight back - totally different team in the 2nd half. We have to take something positive from this game and build momentum.

The team really have to look at how we defend, repeat individual errors as well as basic problems with the general set up keep letting us down. Watching the goals conceded tonight reveal these issues which really should be resolved by now.

The performances from Moxey and Hall were absolutely pivotal tonight and the midfield looked a lot more organised which is a real plus.

The team can build on this and it starts with bringing the fight that the team demonstrated in the 2nd half tonight
thebigp1
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by thebigp1 »

Ridiculous game, I don’t even know where to start
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

Today, Torquay playing to the camera's for a new show called "Im a celebrity fan get me out of here"
Admiral
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Admiral »

Amazing what can happen when you put two CMs out wide in a 4-4-2, even that improved us! Those two strikers are not shit, they need the service. How many times were Crowe and Moxey asked to make up 20 yards in the original system? Crowe looked much more comfortable as a RB in the second half.

If he wants to keep his job, he needs to change it now.
UnitedinDevon
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by UnitedinDevon »

Need to have a lie down after watching that

However, Marshall can do one - deservedly sent off at a critical moment in the game. Said in pre-season hes a red card waiting to happen, well he's already got 2 and cost us today, i hope we fine him as much as possible and he will get a decent ban (and its deserved)
dawlishmatt
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Steve cooper

Post by dawlishmatt »

Stickingitin wrote: 22 Oct 2022, 18:18 So much for the 5 year plan.
It's plainly/more (Plainmoor) obvious that the backing for said plan was never there as if it was there would be some quality left on the pitch.
GJ can only do what he is able to do with what he has to play with.
This is like an advert to stay away from Plainmoor.
Which is why I haven't been for years.
People may berate me for this but it is true and factual.
Oh yeah the 5 year plan. That was a joke wasn't it Stickingitin. Let's explore what happened to the plan. Oh yes, covid 19 happened and the useless owner only put 5 million quid into the club. I remember the plan included promotion to the promised land, that worked well didn't it . Oh I almost forgot that during the 5 year plan we were a penalty kick away from promotion to the football league. This must be the most ridiculous posting I've ever read on this forum. Are you really SNW, it sounds like the rubbish he usually posts
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Yes Marshall deserved to get sent off but their fourth goal should never have been. Their forward went straight through Marshall which provoked his reaction. Thats so obviously a free kick to us. To award the foul to them was absurd - especially as the linesman was looking straight at it.

The officials were useless all night. About the same standard as the two teams.
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

Just back from Plainmoor. What a crazy game. You can all say what you like about our lads BUT they never give up and you have to respect their absolute desire not to lose.

Our defence was so bad we could have lost 0-5 but we came out in the second half and for 25 minutes took the game by the scruff of the neck scoring 3 goals and taking a well deserved lead. Asa Hall was MOTM and had his best game this season. Tom Lapslie scored after about a minute on the pitch but with 8 minutes to go you just knew we would gift Alty a couple of goals and that is just what we did.

We were not helped by Ross Marshall getting a straight Red in the 88th minute. Gary was furious with him and rightly so. He is a total liability and teams know this now and provoke him. Will he ever learn? I have my doubts.

Dylan Crowe scored from 22 yards with the last kick of the game and Plainmoor went wild. 2,200 gate and so great to see the Away End filled with youngsters who witnessed an 8 goal thriller in front of the BT Cameras. A wonderful Community effort and thanks to all concerned. Brilliant idea.

I do not know what Gary and Aaron are going to do about our defence but something has to change and quickly or we will be going down. Several of todays team should be thinking about a new career because Pro Footballers they are not.
culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by culmstockgull »

Did I just see a football match, was this inept performance put on to show the greater UK population via BT what we in Devon have known all season, we were and are dire. in a first half when they could easily have had five and without any particular effort on their part, Colclough was running the show and no one wanted to go near him, our back four were worse than poor, we had a striker playing left wing, a central midfielder playing right wing, what could go possibly go wrong.
We come out second half with a bit of passion and start playing football , what did we have to lose, even after Hall single handed put us in with a chance every time they came forward you wouldnt have bet against them to score.
Goodness knows how much the FA are going to fine us because of the stupid amount of yellow and reds we have collected because by a country mile we are top of the league , and thats the only time I will saying that this season.
I think I need to crack a bottle of wine before I have the stomach to listen to Johnsons take on this one. Anyone who thinks we have turned the corner, we have improved, we are on the up,we didnt lose, you were not at the game.
UnitedinDevon
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by UnitedinDevon »

brucie wrote: 22 Oct 2022, 21:15 Yes Marshall deserved to get sent off but their fourth goal should never have been. Their forward went straight through Marshall which provoked his reaction. Thats so obviously a free kick to us. To award the foul to them was absurd - especially as the linesman was looking straight at it.

Ref was terrible and the lino on the pop even worse! but you can do one with that view - Marshall lost his head and cost us he only has himself to blame
Yellow6
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Yellow6 »

brucie wrote: 22 Oct 2022, 21:15 Yes Marshall deserved to get sent off but their fourth goal should never have been. Their forward went straight through Marshall which provoked his reaction. Thats so obviously a free kick to us. To award the foul to them was absurd - especially as the linesman was looking straight at it.

Where in the ground were you to see that or just another armchair sermon. Well done the boys. Terrific effort and great character. I am sure Brucie will echo that being the doyen of everything TUFC..........
Gloomy Gull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Gloomy Gull »

Stickingitin wrote: 22 Oct 2022, 19:20 Asa thinks they should have had all 3 pts BECAUSE why would you take off your most influential player who has two goals in a match YOU MUST WIN???
Because we couldn't afford the hat trick bonus !! :lol: