FAC4RQ Replay - Hampton & Richmond away 18/10/22

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
thebigp1
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by thebigp1 »

DevonBee wrote: 18 Oct 2022, 21:41 A welcome win and a moneyspinning tie earned....well done . Big shout out to the yellow army who travelled and supported, and wish u all a safe trip
home...
Whilst there is some potential to get some money from the tie it’s not necessarily as much as you might think. I understand it’s £9375 for winning tonight. IF the game against Derby is picked for TV that would be £67,500. Ticket sales are split 45% between home and away side in cup games which is why small clubs want the big away tie. So if it isn’t televised then it’s not a particularly big earner.
thebigp1
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by thebigp1 »

Chelston TUFC wrote: 18 Oct 2022, 21:52 Lets get Plainmoor full.....from what I can see its a 55% share of gate recepits to TUFC and we've got £9375 from winning this game. £41k if we win the first round game.
I believe it’s 45% for each side whilst the FA take 10%
Mr Tea808
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Mr Tea808 »

I cannot believe people saying Da Silva is our best player??,we must be p*ss poor if some lad who hasn't even played 2 full games, isn't even "our" player is apparently our best player, what in the blue hell does that say about the rest of the squad?, As for this money windfall,GJ won't see a penny,it's Derby in name only,Curtis Davies is probably the only name they've got,all the rest are league 1 standard players,hence why they are there in the 1st place,Derby will 100% sell out their application of tickets,think the crowd will be 4500 max.The bigger test will be the next 3 or 4 league games,
Bristol_Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Rodney Jack
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Bristol_Gull »

Did we finally drop the 5/3/2 formation tonight?!
Chelston TUFC
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by Chelston TUFC »

thebigp1 wrote: 18 Oct 2022, 22:00 I believe it’s 45% for each side whilst the FA take 10%
Youre right.....55% for a non league side from Third Round onwards by the looks. Dreaming of Old Trafford in the Third Round as opposed to a Derby drubbing in the First Round
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

Bristol_Gull wrote: 18 Oct 2022, 22:04 Did we finally drop the 5/3/2 formation tonight?!
We have the ref to thank, for mixing things up in the 57th minute. He must have seen something in a new formation that Gary missed.
Admiral
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Admiral »

thebigp1 wrote: 18 Oct 2022, 21:57 Whilst there is some potential to get some money from the tie it’s not necessarily as much as you might think. I understand it’s £9375 for winning tonight. IF the game against Derby is picked for TV that would be £67,500. Ticket sales are split 45% between home and away side in cup games which is why small clubs want the big away tie. So if it isn’t televised then it’s not a particularly big earner.
Clubs don’t generally budget for ‘bonus’ gate receipts in cup runs. Say it’s 6000 spending on average £15 you’ve taken an extra £90k (split with Derby). Plus extra sales from food/beer.
I can’t imagine Derby would have had more than 8000-9000 home fans if the fixture was reversed.

This result doesn’t change anything in many peoples stance towards GJ, the draw handed us the tie and we could have easily gone out. BUT it’s a confidence booster having gone down to 10 men and hopefully a catalyst for a win on Saturday. Let’s hope CO will allocate some of the funds to bring in a decent loanee or two.
Minneapolisgull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Jo Kuffour

Post by Minneapolisgull »

You got to just love Football and the FA cup. Working today just before left to drive home Torquay went 1-0 behind.
That was it shouting abuse at no one! sick of being a Torquay fan GJ must go this is the end of the line....Whats happened to us!
Got home checked the score Hold on its 1-1 there still life in old GJ yellow army.... then sending off.... Here we go. Bloody hell time for a change
Hold on we are 2-1 up.... No way we cannot hold on.... Wow we won 2-1 is this the result that turns the season around. Now I am back in the We are GJ Yellow army..... Until Saturday.... Don't you just love football...
jono_Gull209
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jason Fowler

Post by jono_Gull209 »

Terrible first half and they deserved lead.

Second half you could tell our players had a bollocking. Started to win more and 50:50s.

Deano touch of class to roll it under the wall gets us back in it.

Then we looked on top. De Silva gets sent off. Looked like a pen from behind the goal. It’s a cliche but that did seem to galvanise us.

Brilliant header by Jarvis. 2-1. Nervy end as we were sitting deep with 10.

Great cup tie.
Nick Potkins
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Nick Potkins »

Firstly well done to the traveling fans tonight. Standing together in the second half behind the goal week made a lot of noise. It was also nice to see Helen Chamberlain there.

For the next 48 hours let's milk being in the first round against league opposition. The money and the visit of Derby County will all help the club.

Nights result only papers over the cracks. The lack of width when attaching is alarming, the midfield needs legs and strength. Keep believing, with three or four experienced signings / loans we can turn this around.
culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by culmstockgull »

Nick P, I admire your optimism, three or four experienced loans/signings. We can but dream, we seemingly cannot attract one player of experience. Regardless of the spin coming out of Johnson these children will not keep us in the league, any money he can snaffle from the owner will not pay for a decent acquisition.
I am purely interested in staying in this league, the cup match is a distraction which logically could result in more injuries or sending offs and while I expect to be shouted at by many I would gladly move the game to Derby for the additional revenue, we may on a good day pull in 4500 , up there it would be 20000 plus, they had 15000 plus for two of their pre season friendlies, Oddly I expect some of the sick, ill and injured to make a miraclous recovery for this game only to be on the sidelines for a month thereafter.
Neil Williams 53
Trialist
Trialist

Post by Neil Williams 53 »

“Only papers over the cracks” absolutely correct Nick. Living in East Sussex last night was the first chance I’ve had to see the team this season and I’m struggling to see how relegation can be avoided. In fairness without Halstead, Martin, Marshall, Hanson, Evans, Andrews and Wyatt my view could be unjustified. I’m sure GJ probably regrets his “marquee signings” statement earlier this year. I have no doubt that he and his team had identified players they wanted to replace the quality players lost after last season ended. It’s usually a case of identifying positions that need filling and then a list, in order of priority, for each. It seems clear to me that we failed to get any of the first choice targets and possibly second and third choices too. I’m also sure that budget restrictions were wholly the reason in much the same way as we could clearly not offer improved terms to keep some of the players we lost.

Looking ahead, as others have said, we need three or four new faces to plug evident weaknesses in the squad but I can only see those being funded by the departure of some players already on the books. That’s not easy when they have contracts in place. One thing I would like to see change is this fiasco event each pre-season where all new signings are announced on the same day. To me that only emphasises our failure to recruit desired targets.

Finally, back to last night, others have summed it up perfectly, including GJ in his post match interview. First half we were poor and deserved to go in a goal down. Second half looked little better until their keeper gifted us the chance to equalise. I don’t know if the rule that a ball played should roll the distance of its circumference before being played by another player still applies but the ball was just touched without barely moving before Moxey drove it home. Who cares! As for the sending off, that happened right in front of me and, in my view, was not a penalty but neither did I think it was a deliberate dive. The ref clearly felt otherwise and left himself no choice. However, that galvanised the team. Great header by Jarvis who for me, looks the one decent signing, fighting hard to compete for all the endless long ball stuff lumped up to him but equally showed good composure when the ball was played to his feet. I also cannot compliment the players enough for throwing themselves at everything in the last twenty to protect the lead. One comfort for me was Lovett’s performance which was outstanding. At least with Halstead’s apparent improved form this year we seem to have some quality in that position with Halstead and Lovett.

Bring on Derby and, hopefully, with it some TV revenue to help finance much needed strengthening. Well done to our fans last night, I was proud of the support you gave. It’s been a tough season so far but you guys gave it your all.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

culmstockgull wrote: 19 Oct 2022, 10:09 Nick P, I admire your optimism, three or four experienced loans/signings. We can but dream, we seemingly cannot attract one player of experience. Regardless of the spin coming out of Johnson these children will not keep us in the league, any money he can snaffle from the owner will not pay for a decent acquisition.
I am purely interested in staying in this league, the cup match is a distraction which logically could result in more injuries or sending offs and while I expect to be shouted at by many I would gladly move the game to Derby for the additional revenue, we may on a good day pull in 4500 , up there it would be 20000 plus, they had 15000 plus for two of their pre season friendlies, Oddly I expect some of the sick, ill and injured to make a miraclous recovery for this game only to be on the sidelines for a month thereafter.
Have you ever thought about going to McDonalds and trying a Happy Meal?
A win is a win FFS.
Against the odds with 10 men.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by culmstockgull »

I am not sure how me going for a happy meal will have any effect on the team, if it did I would certainly pop through the drive through every week, people say we have been unlucky, we have slow starts, its the owners fault, injuries plague us, but there is a
harsh reality that people refuse to accept and that is we will be playing hampton again next season home and away if they do not get relegated. in terms of quality we are a conference south team and last night we struggled to live with a team of part timers even before the sending off.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

culmstockgull wrote: 19 Oct 2022, 12:10 I am not sure how me going for a happy meal will have any effect on the team, if it did I would certainly pop through the drive through every week, people say we have been unlucky, we have slow starts, its the owners fault, injuries plague us, but there is a
harsh reality that people refuse to accept and that is we will be playing hampton again next season home and away if they do not get relegated. in terms of quality we are a conference south team and last night we struggled to live with a team of part timers even before the sending off.
Er, but we beat them..... :}
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468