Torquay v Maidenhead - Tue 04/10

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by culmstockgull »

A better performance than saturday, at times yes. but the bar was already set very low, we are a team of two halfs , their half and our half, going forward we had numerous fluid and fast moving attacks, if we had kept it up all game the result may have been different, as soon as it came into our half we looked vulnerable every time, I also think it was a good penalty call, not sure you meant it forevertufc that the reason we only got 1 point from two games was Halstead, without him our meagre points total would be even less.
Just listened to Johnsons post match, even with loaded, friendly questioning it was an incohernant ramble from someone who no longer seems to have the answers to our many problems, you cannot continue to moan about your players not being good enough when you signed them, as they say a poor craftsman blames his tools.
If the club persists with Johnson then I think we know where this season is going.
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

The highlights reveal that Ali Omar and Dan Martin ball watched instead of marking the Maidenhead player who got in between them for the winning goal.

Am I being harsh?
Minneapolisgull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Jo Kuffour

Post by Minneapolisgull »

happytorq wrote: 04 Oct 2022, 20:49 Suspect news is taking longer to get to Minneapolis that it should.

It's 2-2 at half time, my man.

We went a goal in front.

For some reason nearly all the score services missed the first goal. Goodwin after about 15 minutes, I think,
I guess we are doing that bad even the BBC cannot be bothered to put the correct score out. And as no one now bothers to update the goals when they happen on this site. This exiled fan becomes more exiled ........ Its a hard life!!!
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

The referee had a good view of the penalty, only 10 yards away. Looked like Wyatt stuck his arm out and it obviously hit it so it's a penalty. End of.
Unlike another poster I thought McGavin played well , he just needs to quicken the pace sometimes.
Was going to say we didn't deserve to lose that game but if you defend like that for their winner maybe we did.
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

Minneapolisgull wrote: 05 Oct 2022, 14:09 I guess we are doing that bad even the BBC cannot be bothered to put the correct score out. And as no one now bothers to update the goals when they happen on this site. This exiled fan becomes more exiled ........ Its a hard life!!!
Was tricky getting updates here in CT as well - I don't think it was a BBC problem though, because other sites with football scores on them had the same problem. Maybe they share the Press Association feed. Flashscore was up-to-date, mind.

(We need streaming asap)
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.