Maidstone Utd v Torquay Utd Sat 27 Aug 3pm

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
UnitedinDevon
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by UnitedinDevon »

brucie wrote: 28 Aug 2022, 22:47 We are not exactly doing very well though.......
100% agree

but did people think we would be top with 5/5 wins? The signings show we probably dont have the best budget by a long shot but there is certainly potential in the group.

I doubt we could attract a manager of a similar calibre as GJ, the calls for him to go are nonsense, you'd think we've been relegated the way some people go on
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

It's not all about budgets though is it.
We have been second best to Bromley,
Boreham Wood, Halifax, Maidstone -
do they have significantly better budgets than us ? Wealdstone may not stay there but they've made a bloody good start.
How do Solihull do it , Eastleigh, Barnet ?
Its the manner of the defeats that concern me , they way we are playing, or not playing. I am questioning the character of some of these young players and how much they want to make it.
The next few games are crucial, we will be playing serious catch up if we don't get a couple of wins soon . I expected a slow start with so many new players but not as poor as this with one goal in five games !
culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by culmstockgull »

UnitedinDevon, when you suggest people talk excrement, you totally ignore the facts, last season we had experience with a sprinkle of untried potential talent, this time around we have exclusively recruited a group of untried and untested possible talent with a sprinkle of injury prone experience, logic dictates it just cannot and will not be successful when the majority of teams in this league are stacked with mean, ugly and experienced pros.
I have never called for Johnsons head , but I will point out he is not the messiah that people believe him to be, you can only dine out on past glories for so long, he took us out of the conference south with the only full time squad, highest budget and best facilities so that was a minimum achievement, we have had a play off final balanced against no cup success even against conference south and southern league opposition.