Maidstone Utd v Torquay Utd Sat 27 Aug 3pm

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
United62
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Maidstone Utd v Torquay Utd Sat 27 Aug 3pm

Post by United62 »

Well, it's that time again... time to visit my least favourite ground in the world of football... and, yes, I've been to Whitehawk!

The (fake) Stones (I consider Wealdstone to be honoured with this monicker) have been in freefall of late, conceding 4 at home to the mighty Dorking and then being out-played (understatement looking at the highlights) by money-bags Wrexham who only managed to put 5 past a very woeful defence.

So, can we carry on the sequence for the beleaguered (fake) Stones? ... concede 4.... then concede 5.... and Saturday.... will they concede 6? .... As much as my heart would love this to be the case, the way we are playing - and only having one measly goal in us in the opening four games - my head says 0-0 draw written all over it.

Just a few things for those travelling up (or down) on Saturday: There is no parking at the ground and virtually non-existent street parking but there are a couple of car parks close by... I tend to park in Fremlin Walk car park and follow my nose to where the great unwashed of Kent gather at Legoland. And, shame this isn't an evening game because it will mean that the Maidstone Yoof (who are normally tucked up in bed by 9) will be in full (high-pitched) voice and giving it large.... gotta laugh.

:whistle:

Time to kick-start our season and put one of our bogey teams to the sword.
''I was born under the Mini Stand....''
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

I will maroon myself this Saturday in the weird cultural no man’s land of Maidstone FC. I have not been left totally deflated by recent performance we created enough chances against Boreham last Sat to win the game, lots of promising build-up play, but not much end product. Of course, we are never satisfied if we don’t win but it's still early days and there is room for improvement. So I hope to see on Sat the lads making great strides, correcting mistakes and going for the win.
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

Not a happy hunting ground for United so I am going for a 1-1 draw.
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by portugull »

2 changes Evans and Marshall replace Lapslie and Donnellan. Is Lapslie carrying an injury?
Nick Potkins
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Nick Potkins »

portugull wrote: 27 Aug 2022, 14:30 2 changes Evans and Marshall replace Lapslie and Donnellan. Is Lapslie carrying an injury?
I believe the answer there is yes and no. Missed a lot of pre-season, so still getting over it and onto full fitness.
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

With another game Monday maybe giving the highly rated but so far rather anonymous Evans the chance to show what he can do.
gullsgullsgulls
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Sills

Post by gullsgullsgulls »

Anyone know what happened to Halstead?
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Got injured the first time he touched the ball. Possibly ankle.

Sounds like we have been all over them and missed several decent chances including a couple of one on ones . They sound dire.

Its got all the ingredients of us losing 1-0. Hopefully we can get a goal second half.
bringbackthecowshed
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Tommy Mitchinson

Post by bringbackthecowshed »

Given up on TUFC Radio keeps cutting out switched to Radio Devon
tuafc
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by tuafc »

Should be comfortably in front, both strikers have missed 2 presentable chances each and we have gone close at other times as well.

Still feels very disjointed, midfield unstructured and MacGavin not in the game.

Nothing sticking upfront and Andrews looks leggy, Omar still scares me every time he has the ball and sub keeper has already slipped twice on the astroturf.

Teams intent on a top 7 finish will win here
thebigp1
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by thebigp1 »

1-0 embarrassing
tuafc
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by tuafc »

Must be a massive slope that is hidden well because as much as we dominated the first half they have bossed the 2nd from the restart.

Goal came from a shit kick from lovett, no defenders marking and a tidy finish. 2nd half has been woeful, I really can't stress how bad!!
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by portugull »

Well if we cannot beat Maidstone we are in for a tough season. Hugely disappointing result.
DevonBee
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie
Watches from: Pop side

Post by DevonBee »

Awful result, we just cannot take our chances . Injury list is growing with every game. A must win Monday game now....if we have 11 players available.....very very concerning indeed .
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

What a nightmare start and we thought last season was bad.
This is nothing like a Gary Johnson side
What is going on ?
ONE goal in 5 games !! and look how Maidstone have been shipping goals and where Halifax are who battered us all game.
This is becoming a relegation fight already
Can anyone see a win or even a goal
on Monday ? Of course not

Thoroughly depressed.