Losing Interest?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Losing Interest?

Post by Plainmoor78 »

Seems that since our play off hopes ended apathy has set in.
Posts on Grimsby match thread = 13
Posts on Maidenhead match thread = 11
Posts on Dagenham match thread =8
And we didn't even bother with a Chesterfield match thread.
UnitedinDevon
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by UnitedinDevon »

Too busy to post and went to game today, signal in the ground is non existent for me

Great win today :scarf:
Chelston TUFC
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by Chelston TUFC »

I don't normally post but in the absence of more posts about the Chesterfield game here's a quick summary.
Firstly a cracking atmosphere supported by 900 ish Chesterfield fans. It really does make a difference to the overall atmosphere having a good away attendance.
Torquay played well against a physical Chesterfield that lacked much pace, quality or invention. Certainly they didn't look like a side with plenty to play for and well short of a side with play offs and promotion ambitions. Torquay played well although we were probably only going to score via Duke-McKenna who had an excellent game and looked a cut above any other player on the pitch. He played with quality, tenacity and skill. Lewis at the back had a battle for the full 90+ minutes with Quigley the Chesterfield forward. Little put his penalty away well after being fouled in the box but had a pretty mediocre game otherwise. Ali Omar was solid although not really the MOTM. Overall a decent performance from the team with Duke-McKenna and Lewis standing out positively. MacDonald performed well. Danny Wright looked all his years, worked hard throughout with not much possession and definitely would appear to be his last home game I'd guess. Olaf and Joe Felix came on at the end and put themselves about a bit. Johnson replaced Hall and had a steady substitute appearance. A good 2 nil win against a poor Chesterfield who let their fans down in their efforts having made that journey down to Torquay. There's definitely the makings of a good team that if GJ can add quality in the right places and with more time to prepare than going into this season there's lots to be positive about for next season.
thebigp1
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by thebigp1 »

Good win today, was a bit scrappy but we were clearly the better team. The main positive for me was the work rate and effort. Although not really having much to play for we looked much more up for it than a chesterfield who looked really poor. I thought Lapslie was superb his energy in midfield makes such a difference. SDM is class and will go on the play at a higher level.

I would agree there is some promise in this team it just depends what happens in the summer. Without such a poor start to the first 10 games or so we would be in the playoffs. Our form over the last 30 games is 6th best in the league. Plus that’s Stockport, Wrexham, Notts C and Chesterfield all beaten at home now.
The deluder
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by The deluder »

I agree with the excellent post above. If Uncle Clarke continues to fund the loses I think GJ can build a team to make a genuine promotion push. He will have more time to build a squad this summer than last.