League 2 Playoffs: Shrewsbury Town vs Torquay United

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
EmetEdadsBeard
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Andy Gurney

Post by EmetEdadsBeard »

I've not had time to trawl through the thread, busy man and all that. Couple of quick things and a request before I shhot of to play Cricket, outstanding performance all round, they never look like getting anywhere near a result. :keepie:
Downside, thier fans at the end, what a bunch of t055ers. Worryingly the most aggressive ones were blokes in their 30's-50's (your always gonna get the little chavs pretending to be hard whilst hiding behind 70 year old stewards, happens everywhere). Time to grow up,ar5eh0les! I got hit by a coin thrown from the pitch, luckily, I suppose, it hit me and not some little kid in the face :slap: . I've reported it but doubt it'll go any further. Anyone else have any trouble? :red:

And the request. Has anyone recorded it and if so can I have a copy please?
PM me and we'll sort something out :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:
'Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level then beat you with their experience!
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Don't think the game could be recorded as it was on the red button? Nightmare if true!

Absolutely fantastic atmosphere - who needs a drum?! The second half was unreal!

Apparently was seen on Sky many times (grey jacket at the front of the singers) - loved it!

Still on such a high right now!
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Those brave men weren't so brave on the long walk back to the pub mate. Paul got a lot of abuse from one fan as we were leaving the pub but he shut up as I walked up to him, same outside, a bit of lip service from a few but overall I think the Shrews fans have been very decent, certainly the ones I've met and talked to over the season as well as those that have come on here. We all have our idiots.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
chippygull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by chippygull »

What a great night, great performance all round. (Time to lose a stone, Nico!)
Fate: A police dog called Bryn bit Torquay player Jim McNichol and the time while he was receiving treatment was added onto the end of the second half.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

I was just reading the Shrews forum and saw this comment which really made me laugh. Have to say I agree with him though, a serious contender for worst player over the two legs with Nicky W(r)oeful

"Agree. And if Grandison is our best right back replacement, something's wrong because he traps it further than I can kick it. "
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
MattSTFC
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Jake Robinson ;)

Post by MattSTFC »

Well done Torquay, a fully deserved victory over the two legs.

We've seen both sides of the playoff coin in recent seasons now. Twice beating the 4th placed side when finishing well below them in 7th and now the flip side of that this season. The lottery of the playoffs is frustrating but we all know where we stand before a ball is kicked each August. We just need to make sure we're better next time around and do it without needing the playoffs.

Good luck at Old Trafford, make sure you win as these occasions are no place for losers as we know only too well.
Awayday
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by Awayday »

I watched the highlights 4am this morning and it is weird seeing yourself on telly (twice). I am just sitting by the phone now waiting for the phone to ring from all the fit woman who saw me on telly and what a piece of Awayday.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Awayday wrote:I watched the highlights 4am this morning and it is weird seeing yourself on telly (twice). I am just sitting by the phone now waiting for the phone to ring from all the fit woman who saw me on telly and what a piece of Awayday.
got a feeling that will be a very long wait mate..................
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Loving the name change SNW!! :~D

"We love you Nicky,
cos you're invisible,
we love you Nicky,
cos you do f**k all,
we love you Nicky,
cos you're really sh*t in midfield!"

:-D
Bigman
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by Bigman »

Great performance, brilliant atmosphere. Rarely for a Torquay match I wasn't anxious at any time.

Thought I was going to have a brush with fame as a camera came towards me on the way out, but I was snubbed for the eighteen year old girls behind me who clearly had much more valid opinions on the match.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

NickGull wrote:Loving the name change SNW!! :~D

"We love you Nicky,
cos you're invisible,
we love you Nicky,
cos you do f**k all,
we love you Nicky,
cos you're really sh*t in midfield!"

:-D

yeah, very droll nick. :no:

anyway, told him to play sh*t otherwise id pot his ma's windows! =D
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Nicky Woeful wrote:

anyway, told him to play sh*t otherwise id pot his ma's windows! =D
So it's your fault that he was playing so badly for us too then........

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com