TUFC v Eastleigh Monday 18th April 3pm KO.

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

TUFC v Eastleigh Monday 18th April 3pm KO.

Post by portugull »

Eastleigh are a bit of a bogey team for United but we did win 3-1 at Home in Jan 2021.

Given our recent record we will be hot favourites to win tomorrow especially as Eastleigh sit 19th and have lost 14 of their 19 away games this season.

I expect our pocket rocket to return by which I mean Tom Lapslie aka the duracell bunny! What a fans favourite Tom has become in his first season with United.

With Armani Little on top form I can only think a home win by 2-0.
North Curry House
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by North Curry House »

They have had a poor season, even worse than us! They should be there for the taking with nothing to play for.....but that is what makes them a danger.

I expect nothing less than three points and hopefully another five star showing from everyone.

3-1 home win.
Nick Potkins
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Nick Potkins »

Monday see myself and family completed a 464 mile easter weekend road trip to both Woking and Torquay. The joys of supporting and following the mighty yellows while living in Sussex.

Fingers crossed for another three points, with the older legs in the team ready to go again. The weather looks great, let's hope we take early control of this game, I worry we may be close to running on empty.
Admiral
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Admiral »

This game feels a bit dodgy like Barnet last year. We could do with Kings Lynn holding Grimsby, Notts aren’t playing today so we could close the gap to 5 (although I can’t even see them even dropping 5 points with their run in).

I think we could have close to 4,000 there today, providing those who took up community tickets turn up.

Hope Laps is fit. Cagey 1-0, 3992
rivieratouch
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by rivieratouch »

Where's our sub keeper for the last 2 games, or are we just risking it without one giving us more options elsewhere ?.
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by standupsitdown »

We didn’t play well but what a horrible team Eastleigh are and yet again a poor referee lets a team get away with cheating.
UnitedinDevon
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by UnitedinDevon »

an incredibly frustrating game and result not helped by the poor sportsmanship of Eastleigh and the ref's incompetence

Anyone know why the top part of main singing area was closed off?

Drum was moved and atmosphere suffered
Admiral
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by Admiral »

Atrocious officiating. We missed Lapslie and Wearne, but every time we had a spell the ref blew up. Don’t even wanna start about the Eastleigh players, especially their GK and CB going down with cramp. It was always an uphill task but we’ve had a great second half of the season. Let’s just hope GJ makes the right signings this summer and I’m sure he will. Duke McKenna’s control is immense
Admiral
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by Admiral »

UnitedinDevon wrote: 18 Apr 2022, 18:06 an incredibly frustrating game and result not helped by the poor sportsmanship of Eastleigh and the ref's incompetence

Anyone know why the top part of main singing area was closed off?

Drum was moved and atmosphere suffered
The breeze block wall had cracked behind, due to bouncing against Notts.
UnitedinDevon
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by UnitedinDevon »

Admiral wrote: 18 Apr 2022, 18:24 The breeze block wall had cracked behind, due to bouncing against Notts.
Thanks for that :)

any danger of communication from the club?

really is dreadful, you could hear people summarising all sorts of ideas from the nonsense of the stewards moving the drum in the Wrexham game, just put a bloody tweet out or announce it over the PA system
North Curry House
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by North Curry House »

Very frustrating, another side wasting time from the first whistle, diving, feigning injuries, and conniing an inexperienced referee who was out of his depth.

After last weeks best match since the Buckle era, this was the other end of the spectrum.
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

Frustrating it was, but with 4 wins and a draw from the last 5 games (which only Wrexham can match) one can only give praise to the teams splended efforts and form.
Admiral
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by Admiral »

MellowYellow wrote: 18 Apr 2022, 18:48 Frustrating it was, but with 4 wins and a draw from the last 5 games (which only Wrexham can match) one can only give praise to the teams splended efforts and form.
Exactly, fantastic form from the team regardless
Modgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Modgull »

North Curry House wrote: 18 Apr 2022, 18:40 Very frustrating, another side wasting time from the first whistle, diving, feigning injuries, and conniing an inexperienced referee who was out of his depth.

After last weeks best match since the Buckle era, this was the other end of the spectrum.
Quite agree with most of your post but I have seen plenty of worse performances although never a referee so incompetent.
Phil

Another marathon beckons!
culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by culmstockgull »

That was a miserable game, we looked jaded , people in good shooting positions deciding on passes and vice versa, nothing seemed to work this afternoon but eastleigh were no pushover, their right back had a cracker and if we end up looking for a left sided midfielder this summer we could do a lot worse that their lad pritchard he was very good until he got injured.
As for communication from the club, what communciation, that word does not exist in the Torquay vocabulary. I wondered where wearne was then I was told he was out for the rest of the season and judging by the pain Moxey was he could be added to that list, no spare keeper on Frdiay and today we had the youth keeper on the bench, has halstead gone, he cannot of been injured he hasnt done anything for six months, obviously another state secret.