TUFC v Notts County Sat 9th April KO 3pm

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

TUFC v Notts County Sat 9th April KO 3pm

Post by portugull »

This is the game I have looked forward to all season. NC will be well up for revenge after losing the Play Off Semi Final last season at Plainmoor.

I am hoping for a gate of 3,000 plus with County expected to bring 750 Fans.

We have to win tomorrow to have a real tilt at the Play Offs so hopefully we will be at our very best to deny the oldest former Football League Football Club founded in 1862.

My heart says 2-1 to United but I suspect a draw is more likely.
Admiral
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Admiral »

1-0 United
3101 (506 away)

Should be a cracking atmosphere, let’s keep the season going.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Admiral wrote: 08 Apr 2022, 23:30 1-0 United
3101 (506 away)

Should be a cracking atmosphere, let’s keep the season going.
Can see us winning, but we've no chance of getting to the play-offs.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by standupsitdown »

I think we'll win today. It could be the last 'big game' this season - or there could be plenty more!!
But then fail to beat Woking on Friday.
We can probably only afford one bad result to retain any chance of the play offs and we need to save that for Stockport, Chesterfield, Dagenham or Grimsby. Preferably not Grimsby.
Kingsgull83
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by Kingsgull83 »

It’s a simple of cliche but take each game as it comes.
Today will be tough but can we beat them? YES
That’s all the matters. If we win then we worry about the next game.
Looking forward to it and hopefully a few more big games
UnitedinDevon
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by UnitedinDevon »

:scarf:

standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by standupsitdown »

What a superb team performance.
Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane

Post by Dutchgull »

I am still in a state of shock !!
Taelee73
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rodney jack

Post by Taelee73 »

One of those games, and atmospheres that'll stay in the memory.
To witness the Bench and Family stand bouncing!
500 Notts fans sounding like 50.
And to think some wanted Johnson out.
DWB
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Alex Russell

Post by DWB »

Wow what a game and performance by the lads. Have to say didn’t expect that and when it went 2-1 you did think oh no here we go again, but what a great response by the lads. Obviously CLE deserved MOM for his 3 goals but I did think that Armani had his best game for a long time with him and the Duke running the midfield with nice little touches and not a little fight in there. Oh and then there was Tom Lapslie who put himself everywhere.
Thought it was good management to put Dan Martin on against another of our ‘traitors’ Nemane who suddenly had to defend against the pace of Dan rather than impose himself on the game.
Unfortunately it might still be County that get into the playoffs and not us but this result will give us great confidence going forward.
Thought support from the crowd today was superb especially when the main stand got up and ‘bounced’. Brilliant.
However although I am not against foul language I did think the calling out of Kyle Cameron and little bit over the top!
COYY and another 3 points on Good Friday.
DerekDawkinsJnr
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by DerekDawkinsJnr »

Tremendous game and even though we'll likely not make the playoffs it's days like today that makes it all worth it. Pleased to see us not only manage a lead so well, but to kick on and score when there were gaps at the back.

Though the county miss early in second half was a key moment; open goal keeper beaten by Nemane low cross, and they pushed it wide. Had it gone in, game could've had different complexion.
Gull in black
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Gull in black »

What an amazing game. Fantastic result and a brilliant atmosphere on the popside. Great team performance.
Like others I felt a bit concerned when they scored making it 2-1. Quality goals for us - thrilled for CLE, he has worked hard all season.
No sympathy for Cameron , he wanted to be a ‘secret agent’ to tempt Nemane away.
Modgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Alex Russell

Post by Modgull »

What a tremendous performance! It even beat the Stockport game earlier in the season and that was impressive. Every player put his body on the line for the team but special mention goes to CLE for his hat-trick and Armani Little for a simply stunning display - two goals of sheer class and ran his socks off. Immediately after the game I thought there was only one MOTM - CLE - but having thought it through since I think Little's performance pipped him at the post.

Between the two of them they scored three of the best goals I have ever seen at Plainmoor and the other two were also pretty special! We had 10 attempts overall, 8 on target and 5 goals - that's a seriously impressive strike rate. County were well set up and had just as many attempts but could not get them on target. They just did not have the raw skill that our two scorers had in front of goal.

Honourable mentions too for Wright who was involved in at least three of the goals with one assist and Duracell Lapslie who was all over the pitch breaking up their attacks and starting ours. And, both Lewis and Moxey who were imperious at the back despite having a seriously dangerous striker to keep quiet.

And once again respect for the topside support - awesome from start to finish! On the other hand if there was abuse of Cameron don't agree with that.

Only downside - the referee! Couldn't believe the inconsistency of his officiating.
Phil

Another marathon beckons!
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell

Post by portugull »

What a brilliant afternoon at Plainmoor. Well done the lads for a superb performance.

From the very first minute we played a very high line and Notts County just could not cope with us hustling for every ball.

The first goal by Armani was sublime. It was the perfect goal and huge credit to Armani as it was a goal which was right out the top drawer.

When Danny squared the ball across the 6 yard box a few minutes later Connor scored and we were in dream land. What a start.

Aaron Nemane came on at half time and looked very good for 10 minutes. Wearne was injured and Dan Martin came on and it worked out so well because Nemane barely threatened again. Well done Dan.

When Wootton fired home with 16 mins to go the crowd really got behind the team and we added 3 goals to make it 5-1 and move up to 10th.

12 goals in the last 3 home games has really helped the goal diff and I suspect our remaining 8 opponents will not fancy playing a team which is now firing on all cylinders.COYY
DerekDawkinsJnr
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by DerekDawkinsJnr »

Mogull, agree with you on the officiating. Ref had a shocker. For once it didn't affect us negatively. I think county had a decent shout for a penalty in the first half that was waved away, and there were fouls all over the park that didn't get blown. Then some perfectly good tackles were called back.