helen spotted on bbc player!

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

helen spotted on bbc player!

Post by bixieupnorth »

just watched the highlights and saw helen chamberlain at the end, now whens the last time anyone saw her at plainmoor or an away game??
huddersfield away (october 2003) was the last time i clapped eyes on her, admittedly i only get to 7 or 8 away games a season, but has anyone else seen her anywhere on their travels?
or is she too 'big time charlie' for either tufc or the terraces these days?
still keeping the faith
Fletch
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Lorz

Post by Fletch »

Im pretty sure ive noticed her down here a couple of times already this season bix...
stefano
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Don Mills

Post by stefano »

bixieupnorth wrote:just watched the highlights and saw helen chamberlain at the end, now whens the last time anyone saw her at plainmoor or an away game??
huddersfield away (october 2003) was the last time i clapped eyes on her, admittedly i only get to 7 or 8 away games a season, but has anyone else seen her anywhere on their travels?
or is she too 'big time charlie' for either tufc or the terraces these days?
I'm sure she doesn't regard herself as a 'big time charlie' but like many people just cannot get to every game due to a busy work schedule. Worryingly I saw a picture in one of the papers after the game with the caption 'Face in the Crowd' and wondered how Joe Barlow had become a celebrity, until I spotted Helen Chamberlain next to him! ;-)
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

Fletch wrote:Im pretty sure ive noticed her down here a couple of times already this season bix...
terraces or directors box tho?
still keeping the faith
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

stefano wrote:busy work schedule
she only works saturday mornings ffs!!
still keeping the faith
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Saw her at Salisbury in the first season in the BSP. Usually goes in the Grandstand at Plainmoor so never see her there.
stefano
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Don Mills

Post by stefano »

bixieupnorth wrote: she only works saturday mornings ffs!!
I am sure your comment is tongue in cheek Bixie as there is a lot more involved in presenting a 3 hour tv programme than just being in the studio for those 3 hours.

That aside though the programme is live on a Saturday morning so that in itself would prevent her from getting to many Saturday afternoon fixtures.

Never watch it myself as although I thought it was an interesting format when I first saw it many years ago my attention span is such that I now find it too much of the same old thing. Strange that during this exciting end to the season we are worrying about how many times individual supporters attend =D
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

To be honest Bix,i think you being a tad harsh on Helen here,as we all know t.v presenters do just put there coats on and walk out after filming stops,they do have more work to do ,soccer am finish's at 12.00 she probaly does not finish until close to 1pm so it would leave her just over 2 hrs to get a cross London and down to plainmoor,big ask.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Awayday
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by Awayday »

Does she not still do the football show on XFM on a Saturday afternoon, this was one reason why she stopped appearing at games.
GulldenBoy
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Branston

Post by GulldenBoy »

She was at Stevenage 2 years ago in the promotion season
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Totally ridiculous and quite malicious OP and responses there Bixie, I'm disappointed you felt the need to criticise another fan who probably attends more games than you do.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Fletch
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Lorz

Post by Fletch »

bixieupnorth wrote: terraces or directors box tho?
Why would where she watches the match from matter? Peter Cook used to go in the grandstand. Does that mean hes not (or rather wasnt) an avid supporter?? :whistle:
Last edited by Fletch on 16 May 2011, 16:21, edited 1 time in total.
AlexGulls
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by AlexGulls »

She was at Cambridge away when we won 1-0 Carlisle screamer. The year we went up from the BSP.
clemy1989
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Wroe

Post by clemy1989 »

Give the woman a chance, she works in london and after being on soccer am with the tqy boys a couple years back i no she has a post show breifing on soccer am which can last up to an hour. She was desperate to come along with us to dagenham when we played them but this breifing stopped her from going. besides how many of you guys can honestly say after finishing work at half 12 1ish they could then get down to plainmoor for 3 o clock not many. she is still a huge gulls fans and gets us much needed exposure from the show.
Bloggy
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Bloggy »

The extra occasional Saturday kick-off at 5.45pm would be nice!