Torquay United v Boreham Wood Tuesday 22 Feb KO 19.45

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Torquay United v Boreham Wood Tuesday 22 Feb KO 19.45

Post by portugull »

United host F A Cup giant killers Boreham Wood in a game both clubs will be desperate to win for different reasons.

The Wood look to maintain 3rd place in the Table while United seek 3 points to make up for dropping 2 points against a Barnet team who we should have put to bed by half time.

I want to see Duke McKenna taking at least some of our free kicks because Armani is a terrific player but he is too selfish when it comes to free kicks and too inconsistent. Come on Gary it is up to you as the Gaffer to bring a bit more variety into our set plays and get the opposition wondering what to expect.

If we had a striker I would go 2-1 United but we lack firepower so I predict 1-1. I know I could be wrong and I hope I am which is why I never bet on Football!
WellingtonGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by WellingtonGull »

That’s a fair prediction Portugull.

I’m staying positive with tomorrows game and saying 2-1 to us. They will have one mind on the FA Cup games and none of their players want to miss it through injury.

It would be nice to see Duke having a go on the free kicks and mix it up with Little. That saying duke may not be to consistent either tbh.

3 points and a 2-1 win I’m predicting.
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

The meanest defence in the league against a wasteful attack. It's only going to end one way.
DerekDawkinsJnr
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Rodney Jack
Watches from: Pop side

Post by DerekDawkinsJnr »

Duke McKenna certainly has a good cross in him, saw a few from open play on Saturday, including the assist on the second goal.

Evidence enough for him to have a go at set pieces suited for crosses.
Younonothing
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Younonothing »

portugull wrote: 21 Feb 2022, 19:55 United host F A Cup giant killers Boreham Wood in a game both clubs will be desperate to win for different reasons.

The Wood look to maintain 3rd place in the Table while United seek 3 points to make up for dropping 2 points against a Barnet team who we should have put to bed by half time.

I want to see Duke McKenna taking at least some of our free kicks because Armani is a terrific player but he is too selfish when it comes to free kicks and too inconsistent. Come on Gary it is up to you as the Gaffer to bring a bit more variety into our set plays and get the opposition wondering what to expect.

If we had a striker I would go 2-1 United but we lack firepower so I predict 1-1. I know I could be wrong and I hope I am which is why I never bet on Football!
Yeah cause Little not got many assist Wrexham from free kick Dover Corner 🥱 3 assist out last 3 games 🤔🤷‍♂️
North Curry House
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by North Curry House »

[quote=Younonothing post_id=261227 time=1645534672 user_id=24774]
[quote=portugull post_id=261217 time=1645473305 user_id=131]
United host F A Cup giant killers Boreham Wood in a game both clubs will be desperate to win for different reasons.

[/quote]

Yeah cause Little not got many assist Wrexham from free kick Dover Corner 🥱 3 assist out last 3 games 🤔🤷‍♂️
[/quote]It is a team game. I think one player taking all free kicks and corners is not a good idea. I would welcome McKenna having a chance to improve on a wasteful few efforts on Saturday, it cost us two points!

When McKenna scores the winner direct from a free kick tonight, I will be very pleased.....but only 17 conceded in the League all season and NONE in their fantastic FA Cup run by BW, they will be difficult to break down.

I hope they win the League, that will be a slap in the face for "moneybag" Clubs like Wrexham, Notts County, Chesterfield, Stockport etc.

I just want an entertaining game with the best side Winning.
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

I'd be happy with a dire , boring game with us getting a lucky 1-0 win but each to their own !
[email protected]
Trialist
Trialist

Post by [email protected] »

Come United
Louis
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Louis »

[email protected] wrote: 22 Feb 2022, 16:54 Come United
Hey welcome to the site. Did you want me to change your username so it doesn’t have the @gmail part? We don’t recommend having email addresses public to prevent you being spammed. Let me know and I’ll change it for you :)

Come on you yellows! Let’s keep this form going.
⚽️ Prediction League 23/24 - TUFC merch prizes for grabs
⚽️ Press Room - all latest TUFC News
⚽️ @Torquay_Fans - follow us on X for all the latest

desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by desperado »

Wondering if Duke will even play.
Watching the highlights he seemed to tweak his hamstring missing that golden chance at the end. Hopefully nothing serious.
Forest gull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by Forest gull »

2-1 United. Almost a must win now to keep the 2 points per game going.
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by standupsitdown »

Lots of commitment tonight but very few chances against a well organised and physical team.
Expected to concede late and if we didn’t have so much ground to make up a draw wouldn’t have been a bad result.
Danny Wright did well I thought - against some very rough defending.
Referee was awful.
2200 with only 30 odd away fans wasn’t a bad crowd for a cold Tuesday night.
UnitedinDevon
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by UnitedinDevon »

No little in the 16 tonight

Better work rate tonight and we never seem to get the rub of the green going forward but i think thats down to Borehams defensive experience

Would have been a great point if we have won Saturday

Ref again woeful, made it all about him and ruined the game really
Modgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Alex Russell

Post by Modgull »

A nil-nil draw was probably a fair result in a hard-fought game between two very committed sides. We only had four attempts all game with only one on target from Dan Martin in the first half. Although it sounds like a bore-draw it was actually quite an entertaining game, given more of an edge by a frankly awful refereeing performance. Thought our defence had a fine game - McDonald was my MOTM for his generally commanding goalkeeping display but Lewis and Moxey were not far behind, followed by Hall and Martin. Wright battled well up front but made little headway against the meanest defence in the league. Wearne was disappointingly anonymous and Duke-McKenna and CLE were not as influential as Saturday. Well done once again to the popside for some terrific vocal support.
Phil

Another marathon beckons!
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by desperado »

Lots of rubbish on that other fans forum from people not at the game.
That was an absorbing, gripping, emotional, totally committed old fashioned game.
Thoroughly enjoyable - excellent, well earned point , well done lads, gave absolutely everything.