Next 5 games

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
DWB
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Alex Russell

Next 5 games

Post by DWB »

I think the next 5 games will be crucial to our play off aspirations. Three at home, two of which are against teams that will be looking to get into the playoffs. Boreham Wood might have one eye on the cup? Bromley and Barnet,who seem to be slipping again. The two away games are Kings Lynn and Wealdstone which you have to say are, on paper, games we should win ( given the way we dispatched Wealdstone at home). Dare I say it come away with 5 wins ( I know it is living in dream land) and who knows what we might achieve. As they say it is the hope that kills. COYY.
Wolborough
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Wolborough »

It would be nice to win the next five games!
Admiral
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Admiral »

I think Boreham Wood are title contenders, and at 9/1 a good bet to win it. 6 off top with 4 in hand
North Curry House
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by North Curry House »

Admiral wrote: 13 Feb 2022, 10:43 I think Boreham Wood are title contenders, and at 9/1 a good bet to win it. 6 off top with 4 in hand
Considering Boreham Wood sold their best player to Chesterfield and have three ex- Gulls in their team, they are the Non League team of the season. The ground had improved, thanks to Arseenal but poor crowds still persist despite their lofty position.

I hope they are Champions - a slap in the face for the moneybag teams like Wrexham, Notts County, Chesterfield and Stockport.

I just hope they have the FA Cup on their minds when they roll up at Plainmoor next week.
Nick Potkins
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Nick Potkins »

It's the hope that kills you.
Agreed we could win four of this five. Fingers crossed we do, but sadly I can't see it. I hope to be proved wrong.
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

Well yesterday marked our 7th win in the last 10 games stretching back to Dec 4th when we won 2-1 at Weymouth.

In those 10 games we have conceded 11 goals and kept just 2 clean sheets. However when you consider we shipped 11 goals in our first 4 games this season this is a massive improvement.

Realisically we are chasing positions 6 and 7 at the moment occupied by Solihull and Wrexham both on 46 points.The 3 teams above us are Grimsby Notts County and the Daggers.Notts have played 2 games less than us.

If we can win 4 of the next 5 games 3 of which are at Plainmoor we must be in with a chance.

Stockport look very strong favourites after yesterday when Tshimanga Chesterfields top scorer was stretchered off at Weymouth after a 12 minute delay with a very serious knee injury resulting in him being taken to Hospital.
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

Would agree that it's Stockport's to lose now. Interesting how both they and Chesterfield will have been buoyed by their 2-2 the other day (Stockport because they came from 2-0. Chesterfield because they held on for a point with only ten men).

Boreham Wood, though - they are just not conceding goals. 15 so far? That's epic stinginess. When you have a defence like that you always have a chance.

For us - we've been at the point in the season for a while now where 2 poor results in a row probably costs us. Losing vs BW wouldn't be the worst thing if we won those other 4. First things first; beat Barnet on Saturday. I remember the same fixture last season being the one where we started to accept that we were not winning the league (2-2 after being 2 up). I hope we can put in a solid performance, solidly get the 3 points, and look forward to that big Tuesday night game.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.