Torquay vs Wrexham 05/02/22

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Louis
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Louis »

FT 1-0 get in. Awesome result COYY
⚽️ Prediction League 23/24 - TUFC merch prizes for grabs
⚽️ Press Room - all latest TUFC News
⚽️ @Torquay_Fans - follow us on X for all the latest

UnitedinDevon
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by UnitedinDevon »

Great game to attend

Performance in one word - Outstanding

Minneapolisgull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Jo Kuffour

Post by Minneapolisgull »

Excellent result. Keep on this decent run and the playoffs here we come!
Will be there for Torquay v Barnet cannot wait to be back at plainmoor
Does anyone know attendance for today assume Wrexham had a few there
UnitedinDevon
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by UnitedinDevon »

Minneapolisgull wrote: 05 Feb 2022, 18:31 Excellent result. Keep on this decent run and the playoffs here we come!
Will be there for Torquay v Barnet cannot wait to be back at plainmoor
Does anyone know attendance for today assume Wrexham had a few there
3181 (790 away)
Minneapolisgull
First Regular
First Regular

UnitedinDevon wrote: 05 Feb 2022, 18:38 3181 (790 away)
Thanks, decent gate. I imagine must have been a decent atmosphere today.
culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by culmstockgull »

A good win in poor conditions, our defence was a lot more secure with Hall playing so deep. Biggest traversty of the day, the so called crowd declaratiom of 3100, in the week we were told that Wrexham had sold out of their allocation of 1200 but just over 700 choose to turn up, I was sat in Bristows bench and that was the biggest crowd of the season by a country mile, did we give away a load of freebies again today ?, or are we entering into a period of creative accounting.
UnitedinDevon
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by UnitedinDevon »

culmstockgull wrote: 05 Feb 2022, 18:56 A good win in poor conditions, our defence was a lot more secure with Hall playing so deep. Biggest traversty of the day, the so called crowd declaratiom of 3100, in the week we were told that Wrexham had sold out of their allocation of 1200 but just over 700 choose to turn up, I was sat in Bristows bench and that was the biggest crowd of the season by a country mile, did we give away a load of freebies again today ?, or are we entering into a period of creative accounting.
They didn't sell 1200

They sold 790 don't believe everything you read online
D
Minneapolisgull
First Regular
First Regular

culmstockgull wrote: 05 Feb 2022, 18:56 A good win in poor conditions, our defence was a lot more secure with Hall playing so deep. Biggest traversty of the day, the so called crowd declaratiom of 3100, in the week we were told that Wrexham had sold out of their allocation of 1200 but just over 700 choose to turn up, I was sat in Bristows bench and that was the biggest crowd of the season by a country mile, did we give away a load of freebies again today ?, or are we entering into a period of creative accounting.
I believe they said Wrexham fans sold out of there seating allocation. No where did I read or hear they sold out of there allocation
Credit where credit is due just over 700 away fans away fans for NL is pretty impressive!
gateman49
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: George McBrearty

Post by gateman49 »

I think you are wrong
Willowgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Willowgull »

Great result today, great atmosphere. I also thought there were more than 3181 at the game.
Playoffs - too little too late unfortunately. But, let's have a strong end to the season to keep the interest.
Dazza
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Dazza »

I am sure there are pretty strict rules about accurate recording of gate attendances!

It would be one way of getting out of the National League to be miss counting but I would imagine it would be in the wrong direction !
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

Fantastic defending today and incredible workrate , commitment, fight, etc etc
Would like to have seen us keep hold of the ball better second half and have a few more decent counters and chances but it was all Wrexham. Utter crap from Parkinson saying the wind and pitch made it difficult. Absolutely nothing wrong with the pitch, they don't play a passing game on the grass anyway but well done Torquay, I'll take that though can't say I'd like to watch many more games like that , I find it frustrating that we create so little and have so little goal threat from open play but 3 points will do tonight.
Gull in black
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Lee Mansell
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Gull in black »

Great to be at the game today.
Tactics were right and 100% commitment from everyone. Brilliant atmosphere and fantastic to win against a team that thinks they can buy promotion.
North Curry House
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by North Curry House »

desperado wrote: 05 Feb 2022, 21:53 Fantastic defending today and incredible workrate , commitment, fight, etc etc
Would like to have seen us keep hold of the ball better second half and have a few more decent counters and chances but it was all Wrexham. Utter crap from Parkinson saying the wind and pitch made it difficult. Absolutely nothing wrong with the pitch, they don't play a passing game on the grass anyway but well done Torquay, I'll take that though can't say I'd like to watch many more games like that , I find it frustrating that we create so little and have so little goal threat from open play but 3 points will do tonight.
Crowds will turn up IF we are winning, if we play pretty football and lose, attendances will soon drop.

Today, I looked at the team sheet and thought where were the goals coming from.....not much to offer "up front".

However once again everyone played a significant part in another strong team performance. Halls goal was superb, it reminded me of Jim Fryatt from 55 years ago - a powerful header, giving the 'keeper no chance.

The attendance ? It looked a lot more than stated.

Great result against a big spending side, who looked pretty ordinary and rarely threatened. I agree with the Pop siders verdict....What a waste of money.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

desperado wrote: 05 Feb 2022, 21:53 Fantastic defending today and incredible workrate , commitment, fight, etc etc
Have to say that's probably the best result of the season beating Hollywood FC. :rofl:
As for Parkinson - bad loser talking b*llocks in my book - blamed the pitch and the weather - same for both teams FFS. :slap:
Said they'd have won IF they'd have scored - Note to Parkinson - You didn't and lost 1-0 you complete tool.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468