Torquay v Solihull Tues 25th Jan 2022

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Wolborough
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Wolborough »

Surely our season IS now over. We need to be realistic. The BIG question is, can we get back in the mix for 2022/23?
Taelee73
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rodney jack
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Taelee73 »

I'd guess CLE, Lewis and Winter may will leave at the end of the season, possibly Little as well.
Can't realistically see Asa Hall here next season, a shadow of last season.
Moxey may get another season, possibly Ali will be given a chance, wholehearted but too slow. Holman and Wright gone, maybe Lapslie too ( injury prone). Lolos not up to it. Loan players back at parent clubs.
So in my mind, a rebuild around 3 or 4 players.

Would love Play offs, but too big a distraction, we're not good enough to go up and stay there. Let's prepare for next season.
JimNichol'sdog
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by JimNichol'sdog »

Nothing against him personally, but Dan Holman must be one of the worst signings ever. I might be wrong, but believe he has scored two goals for the club, one of those in a pre-season friendly against some non-entities. They might as well have signed Desperate Dan!!

He's not the only one though. I am still of the opinion that money wasted on players evidently not up to it or who spend more time in the treatment room than on the pitch would be better spent on employing a scout with a proven record of finding players suitable for this and the next level.
UnitedinDevon
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by UnitedinDevon »

Jesus, lose a game and the doom mongers come rushing back
Louis
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Louis »

Highlights

⚽️ Prediction League 23/24 - TUFC merch prizes for grabs
⚽️ Press Room - all latest TUFC News
⚽️ @Torquay_Fans - follow us on X for all the latest

North Curry House
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by North Curry House »

UnitedinDevon wrote: 27 Jan 2022, 15:38 Jesus, lose a game and the doom mongers come rushing back
It is called reality. We are not good enough. Need to start planning for next season NOW. Forget the play offs, if by some fluke we got in them, we would be murdered and be in a similar position as this season because of the extended season.

My pre season prediction was for us to finish 10th. I would take that now.
culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by culmstockgull »

NorthCurryHouse has it right,the reality of the changing life in this league is something we have not come to terms with any degree of success . we cannot compete on location, salary or transfer fees.Two out of three of those criteria will not change next season with the Financial rules being brought in. So we need an alternative strategy that has yet escaped us. We all have our personal choices on our good and bad acquisitions but maybe only two of the present squad are constantly positive. Lewis and Wynter, the remainder either glow in our praise or annoy and frustrate on alternate saturdays.
Even Johnson,has realised very late in the day that youngsters are not the answer, which is just as well as the youth set up continues to even put it charitably under performs even by non league standings, could we be any worse off acquiring the fringe youth players of Plymouth and Exeter or Bristol who have at least been taught the basics correctly.
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

Well that's why they call it a six pointer
If we had beaten Solihull we would have been 5 points off the play offs . Instead we are 11 points behind them and the play offs. But.... we just weren't good enough.