Yeovil Town v Torquay United Sunday 2 January 2022 KO 3pm

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
DerekDawkinsJnr
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Rodney Jack
Watches from: Pop side

Post by DerekDawkinsJnr »

Dave_Pougher wrote: 02 Jan 2022, 09:32 Am I the only one that can see a problem here? We’re going to have over 1000 people queueing for tickets at approximately the same time? Why couldn’t we have the e-ticketing system like we do at TUFC? TQ1 is hardly the hub of cutting edge technology is it?
Really hoping I’ve got this wrong somehow.
I share your concerns here Dave. I assumed would be a QR Code on the tickets. Tbh had I known it would be such a runaround I wouldn't have bothered.
Stoneybroke
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Stoneybroke »

Just read that Yeovil have had the Red card rescinded for the Lapslie incident and their player is available for selection today.

Gulls need to be on top of their game today and as previously stated we need a strong referee from the first minute, as Yeovil will probably play the same way as they did in the first match.

Perhaps time for Sinclair Armstrong to come to the party also give Felix a run at them , both appear to be quick and get in behind them COYY
knightmaregull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by knightmaregull »

Agreed. Their ticket policy makes ours seem space age! Bizarre to have to buy online and then still queue but I'll be leaving much earlier to get there in expectation of chaos!
culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by culmstockgull »

This is a difficult game to predict, Torquay have injuries and the odd suspension and if Devon Live are right we have lost sparkes,additionally I cannot remember when we last had a totally soccessful christmas period of wins. if we have got any new January additions the first we will know is when a strange face appears on the bench just before kick off.
I do not see Yeovil being as combative as Boxing day as they have a big cup match next saturday and players will not wish to be suspended or take the chance of being injured, so I will go 2-1 in our favour and hope it doesnt rain too much as I have got tickets in the open end.
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Dave_Pougher »

I share your concerns here Dave. I assumed would be a QR Code on the tickets. Tbh had I known it would be such a runaround I wouldn't have bothered.

Bizarre isn’t it?
No tickets available on the day, but come and get your tickets on the day 🤔

Can hardly see them putting on extra staff and there’s always going be problems with peoples proof of purchase et cetera, ijust asking for trouble here I feel.
DerekDawkinsJnr
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by DerekDawkinsJnr »

Dave_Pougher wrote: 02 Jan 2022, 10:28 I share your concerns here Dave. I assumed would be a QR Code on the tickets. Tbh had I known it would be such a runaround I wouldn't have bothered.

Bizarre isn’t it?
No tickets available on the day, but come and get your tickets on the day 🤔

Can hardly see them putting on extra staff and there’s always going be problems with peoples proof of purchase et cetera, ijust asking for trouble here I feel.

Add to that the somewhat ambiguous approach to COVID. It says please have your NHS app ready...... Doesn't state that it's mandatory though...... All adds to the confusion at turnstiles
North Curry House
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by North Curry House »

Get there early in case of any problems. Arriving at 2.30pm and expecting to queue is asking for trouble. We will be there by 1pm latest.
Willowgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Willowgull »

Yeovil have just signed QPR goalkeeper Dillon Barnes on a short term deal. He will likely make his debut against us this afternoon.
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

Willowgull wrote: 02 Jan 2022, 11:26 Yeovil have just signed QPR goalkeeper Dillon Barnes on a short term deal. He will likely make his debut against us this afternoon.
We signed the last goalkeeper Yeovil had on loan from QPR - how has that worked out!
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Looks like a diabolically weak line up.

It looked like they would be understrength but from looking like we would have a strong line up as usual we are understrength. Lapslie manages two games before getting injured as usual.

Reckon we will get hammered today.
North Curry House
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Without Little it begs the question who is going to step up and "assist" or better still score at Huish Park?.....and who takes all the throw ins and corners. Is anyone else capable? Of course that are, it is pathetic Little does it all happen myself - he must be on a bonus for throws and corners!

I would take a boring 0-0. Realistically it looks like a 3-0 defeat. At least not far from home. The only saving grace may be if they have Bournemouth on their minds. More likely they will have kicking pumps out of us as their main objective.
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

It looks like Hall replaces Lapslie, Felix replaces Armani and Johnson replaces Sparkes.

The jury is still out on Johnson and Felix is making his debut.

The Yeovil keeper is Williams according to BBC Sport not the loan signing from QPR. Is that right?
North Curry House
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Johnson, Hall and Felix all start with Armstrong on the bench (is he fit?).

Interesting to see Felix on debut, is he shit hot or just ......

Lo-Everton on bench for them.
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell

Post by portugull »

Yeovil keeper is loanee Barnes from QPR according to Flashscore.

Armstrong to score a 90th minute winner against his QPR clubmate???
Louis
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Louis »

Looks like the TUFC stream has gone down again. BBC stream is here if anyone needs it

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/live:bbc_radio_devon
⚽️ Prediction League 23/24 - TUFC merch prizes for grabs
⚽️ Press Room - all latest TUFC News
⚽️ @Torquay_Fans - follow us on X for all the latest