The festive period!!!

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
fred
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Aaron downs

The festive period!!!

Post by fred »

With Wales, Scotland and NL imposing restrictions I really hope England don't follow!! Really hoping to visit Plainmoor on boxing Day for our derby against Yeovil especially after our win last year which was one of the 5/6 games we could watch live!! I haven't purchased our tickets for Eastleigh away on the 28th Dec or Yeovil away on 2nd Jan as we just don't know if we will be allowed to go!! Would value others opinions!!
Admiral
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Admiral »

I’m sure Boxing Day will be fine, touch and go on the aways
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

Surely the sensible thing to do would be to contact Eastleigh and Yeovil and ask what their policy is on refunds if the matches have to take place behind closed doors.
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

Just looking back at the team that demolished Yeovil last Boxing Day, the highlight of the season. Wright and CLE up front, Little and Randell centre mid flanked by Whitfield and Nemane. No Wynter or Hall - Warren and Cameron at the back with Moxey left back , think Sherring played right back for spell then. Macdonald in goal. We even lost Wright and Little to injuries in the first half and still won 6-1 !
ministander
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: willie brown
Watches from: Pop side

Post by ministander »

Have purchased tickets for all 3, posative thinking required!!
Kingsgull83
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by Kingsgull83 »

Hopefully nothing changes and the game remains on.
Yeovil will be keen as they are in form and we will be keen as looking at seating availability in Bristows bench we are in for a decent crowd.
fred
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Aaron downs

Post by fred »

A few days on and no news is good news regarding boxing day surely!! Good news if tickets are selling well!! Will be great to be part of a big crowd on boxing day for our derby game!! Eastleigh and Yeovil both have big away stands so don't see an issue getting tickets the day before!! After back to back league wins before the Tonbridge disaster I think we may just bounce back on Boxing Day in front of a big crowd!!!🤞🤞🤞
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

I’m sure Eastleigh will be on. With no decision being made until after Xmas and then any decision has to involve parliament being recalled. I think any decision regarding crowds and restrictions will be 29th at a minimum. That’s my theory. I hope I’m right as just bought 4 tickets for Eastleigh and a hotel on the Monday 😂
Lucy
DWB
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Alex Russell

Post by DWB »

Just looked at the league table (we are now 12th). IF we could win the next 2 away games that would put us right in the mix to chase a playoff space. Not sure whether it is best to have a decent ‘rest’ between games which both Eastleigh ( no game on Boxing Day) and Yeovil will have when we play them again as their match against Weymouth this week has been called off? Or keep playing. As we are winning and seem to have got some confidence and bite back maybe keep playing as winning becomes a habit.
I guess we will know the answer come next Sunday.