Jake Andrews leaves the club

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Jake Andrews leaves the club

Post by lucy6lucy »

Well according to Instagram and Twitter he’s gone
Lucy
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

According to that one guy* on Twitter and Instagram

*who so far has been highly unreliable.

He may go out on loan, he may leave the club, he might start on Saturday. But people speculating on social media in an attempt to be "first" are kind of sad.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
Admiral
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Admiral »

Havant
culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by culmstockgull »

Just spoke to the facilities manager at Havant who deals with player registration, he knew nothing about any incoming torquay player.
fred
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Aaron downs

Post by fred »

I hope he stays. Sweet left foot, could be fitter and a bit quicker but certainly up to national league level which is more than can be said for 2 or 3 others in the squad!! Played a big part in our championship winning season. Always thought he has the ability to kick on if he really wanted to!!
UnitedinDevon
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by UnitedinDevon »

culmstockgull wrote: 08 Dec 2021, 10:49 Just spoke to the facilities manager at Havant who deals with player registration, he knew nothing about any incoming torquay player.
sold you a kipper

https://x.com/TUFC1899/status/1468958695635644431
culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by culmstockgull »

Quite possibly he did, and well done Lucy for early notification, I am sorry to see him go, he is the best left footed player at the club and the way the club was thanking him for the past three years service indicates he will not be back.
Sporty60
Trialist
Trialist

Post by Sporty60 »

Someone who barely ever makes the starting eleven when everyone is fit.
Gary needs to get players out to free up wages and you can't keep someone just because they are left-footed and are decent at set plays.
Hard working lad, but not a natural athlete so wish him well at his correct level.
Good move by Gary.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Undoubtedly gone has he wasn't going to get another contract at the end of the season. Just not fit enough or quick enough to do himself justice - gone downhill since he first came here when he looked a very good player.
JimNichol'sdog
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by JimNichol'sdog »

If the club needs to get rid of players, then dispense with one of the reserve goalkeepers who have done nothing for weeks other than keep the bench and a seat in the stand warm. I'd like to paid their salary for doing nothing.
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

JimNichol'sdog wrote: 09 Dec 2021, 20:45 If the club needs to get rid of players, then dispense with one of the reserve goalkeepers who have done nothing for weeks other than keep the bench and a seat in the stand warm. I'd like to paid their salary for doing nothing.
First of all you have to find somebody willing to take them. I know if I was the manager of another club I would look elsewhere.
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

Shame about Jake , I was always willing him to push on and realise the potential and quality he had and showed in patches but guess he didn't quite have the pace , fitness, work rate and energy that Gary demands from his players. According to the matchday programme in his 87 starts and 31 sub appearances he scored 24 goals and had 27 assists which is impressive.
Nick Potkins
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Nick Potkins »

I would like to go on record as thanking Jake for his work and commitment in helping get us promoted from national league south.

Sadly, he was not able to kick on and we did not see him at his best in the national league. This could be for a number of reasons; fitness, ability, luck. I guess the stats will show his goals and assists were mainly the the national league south.

I wish him well, but believe a move for him and the club was needed. Let the team building begin. COYY 💛
North Curry House
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by North Curry House »

We need to get rid of a lot more dead wood before we can move forward with some "decent" signings.

I can not see Wright, Omar or either of our back up keepers ever playing a significant part in our quest for the play offs. Send them out on loan or MC Donald's are always looking for staff.
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

Disappointed that Jake has not been used this season we know he's had an injury and illness but there are players here who could not lace his boots. I hope he does well in his new venture but it is our loss. He has a good scoring record and a good assist record a great shame that it has come to this.
If it was a fitness problem I think this could have been explained a lot better for a player that has a lot of respect at our club. One post says it's for a month and another till the end of the season you don't get these things wrong if you want him at the club. :keepie: