Torquay United v FC Halifax Town Sat 27 Nov KO 3pm

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Torquay United v FC Halifax Town Sat 27 Nov KO 3pm

Post by portugull »

United on the back of 4 straight Home wins host Halifax who are riding high in 5th spot with 30 points and have in Billy Waters a man in form with 10 League Goals from 16 games.

I am looking forward to this game as 6 mates are attending the Match with Free Tickets made available to Season Ticket holders another splendid initiative from our Club.

The weather forecast is very windy so I expect goals and predict a 2-2 draw. COYY.
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

Will be tough but we need a win in the next two or three to keep our heads above water.
We must show more aggression and positivity in the the final third . Sinclair needs to believe in himself and go for it with his power and pace and please let's not concede a early goal from a cross coming in which we seem vulnerable to.
Whydoibother
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Alex Russell

Post by Whydoibother »

Cant see us getting bugger all from this game tomorrow. Especially as they should have beaten Wrexham on tuesday.
dawlishmatt
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Steve cooper

Post by dawlishmatt »

I predict a 3-1 defeat for our crap team.
Wolborough
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Wolborough »

Surely they have had so many crap performances it is now time for a decent one? After all this IS Torquay United! I predict a goalless draw!!
DWB
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Alex Russell

Post by DWB »

Sounds like it could be who masters the conditions better tomorrow. If we insist on playing long hopeful balls we don’t stand a chance, a time for playing football on the deck if ever there was one.
UnitedinDevon
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by UnitedinDevon »

dawlishmatt wrote: 26 Nov 2021, 16:42 I predict a 3-1 defeat for our crap team.
Still a moron
dawlishmatt
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by dawlishmatt »

UnitedinDevon wrote: 26 Nov 2021, 19:06 Still a moron
I am not a Moron, i'm a catholic.
DB57
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jimmy Dunne

Post by DB57 »

UnitedinDevon wrote: 26 Nov 2021, 19:06 Still a moron
Why is he a moron?
Because he has a different point of view to you?
Is your opinion, whatever it is, more valid than his or that of Teigngull for that matter ?
I don’t necessarily agree with all that Dawlishmatt has to say but if this is supposed to be a fans forum surely the views of all members should be respected. Recently, the comments of some members, including administrators, leave much to be desired. Another forum often refers to this as the ‘kiddies site’ and the level to which this topic has sunk only adds fuel to that fire.
Admiral
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Admiral »

Reading this site is embarrassing at times

3-0 win (Armstrong x2, Lapslie)
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

My comments have always left a lot to be desired, mainly by those who disagree. Personally speaking I'm happy to be part of something called the
"kiddies site" by the Victor Meldrew Appreciation Society. I did think about removing the comment but as Dawlish has previously said far worse to many different people I left it as the responsibility of the author. Isn't that what grown ups do?
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
UnitedinDevon
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by UnitedinDevon »

DB57 wrote: 26 Nov 2021, 22:18 Why is he a moron?
Because he has a different point of view to you?
Is your opinion, whatever it is, more valid than his or that of Teigngull for that matter ?
I don’t necessarily agree with all that Dawlishmatt has to say but if this is supposed to be a fans forum surely the views of all members should be respected. Recently, the comments of some members, including administrators, leave much to be desired. Another forum often refers to this as the ‘kiddies site’ and the level to which this topic has sunk only adds fuel to that fire.
feel free to review his posts, he enjoys the bad times

however seeing as you mention the other moron its probably your 3rd account :zzz:
fred
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Aaron downs

Post by fred »

Match prediction!! After scoring three disallowed goals in the first half, Sinclair Armstrong's fourth is actually allowed to stand after a five minute discussion by all four officials. Walters is brought down in the penalty area in the eighth minute of added time. He grabs the ball places it on the spot. Runs in to the tune of super Shaun McDonald from the yellow army, slips and blasts it out the ground! Ref immediately blows the final whistle and Torquay take all three points. Or was that just a dream??😀😀
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

dawlishmatt wrote: 26 Nov 2021, 20:19 I am not a Moron, i'm a catholic.
in that case you should have more faith.
dawlishmatt
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by dawlishmatt »

UnitedinDevon wrote: 27 Nov 2021, 01:16 feel free to review his posts, he enjoys the bad times

however seeing as you mention the other moron its probably your 3rd account :zzz:
There is a term in the world of Psychiatry called Gaslighting. Gaslighting is a form of psychological abuse where a person will often use a forum or another platform of debate to abuse someone if they disagree with another persons opinions. These people often feel Anxious, Confused and try to use abuse to try and control or feel superior to others. In turn, many others will jump on the bandwagon and support the abuser therefore making the gaslighter feel superior to others.
People like Southampton Gull, SuperNickyWroe and more recently UnitedinDevon as well as many others don't seem able to have a proper debate on this forum without throwing insults into the mix. This is because they, in my opinion, are gaslighting.
Finally, i fully expect Southampton Gull to remove this post as that's the sort of behaviour i would expect from a gaslighter.