Torquay United v FC Halifax Town Sat 27 Nov KO 3pm

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
UnitedinDevon
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by UnitedinDevon »

SWgull wrote: 27 Nov 2021, 16:58 Matters little, we are in a relegation scrap now.
That 5mins at the end should he a lesson to the players that if you play on the front foot with a bit of desire, energy and attack on you can score

We were too passive all game, unfortunately Halifax punished 3 mistakes and had it too easy at the back

Lapslie had s poor game with too many misplaced passes, now Hall is back we need to come up with a game plan so he can protect the back line
dawlishmatt
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Steve cooper

Post by dawlishmatt »

Southampton Gull wrote: 27 Nov 2021, 16:03 You do make me laugh. You must have been the lousiest employee to ever indulge in anything to do with psychiatry. As you'll know very well from our previous private correspondence I'm polite and respectful and fair minded. How I'm perceived publicly is of no concern to me.

You bring it all on yourself..... No different to myself. The difference is I don't whine about it 😉
Southampton Gull, hi. Many years ago when I was just 14 years of age, my school careers teacher asked the class what profession each of wanted to follow after school. I said that I wanted to be a comedian and the whole class laughed. Years later, no one laughing now but your comments give me renewed hope that at the age of 62, I still have time. During our private conversations I made it clear to both you and I also made a private apology to another individual whom I upset due to my comments concerning mental health issues. I also made a public apology via this forum to anyone who I had offended by my comments.
When someone posts comments like calling me a moron etc, I will respond like for like. I don't give a s*** what you or anyone else thinks when I retaliate like for like. I don't know you personally but I do and have always respected your opinions every if I disagree with you. I NEVER START INSULTS IN MY POSTS, I only retaliate like for like.
wbw
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by wbw »

Billy Waters was better than anybody in our entire squad today. Says it all really.
DB57
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jimmy Dunne

Post by DB57 »

UnitedinDevon wrote: 27 Nov 2021, 01:16 feel free to review his posts, he enjoys the bad times

however seeing as you mention the other moron its probably your 3rd account :zzz:
Nope. Only one account sorry to disappoint you on that.
wbw
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by wbw »

wbw wrote: 27 Nov 2021, 18:18 Billy Waters was better than anybody in our entire squad today. Says it all really. 10 goals in 16 matches..hmmmm?
Bert
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: nico

Post by Bert »

The player that GJ didn't rate
Says it all really
Younonothing
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Younonothing »

wbw wrote: 27 Nov 2021, 18:19
Waters 11 in 17 Little 9 in 15.......6 assist!!!
Nick Potkins
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Nick Potkins »

This was always going to be a tough season and I predicted bouncing around 10th position. Sadly, this is clearly not going to be the case. We are for any that did not think so before today in a relegation battle. Why, what is the real issues; the manager, the players, recruitment, finances. Clearly something is very wrong and speculation does not help. I club honesty statement would help, but this will not be forthcoming. Fingers crossed we can out of this hole, sadly I've never seen a team so lucking in confidence and being outplayed and beaten in so many areas.
culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by culmstockgull »

Reality has arrived, even for those of the rose tinted persuasion can now see we are in for a fight to stay in this league, teams below us are picking up points, aldershot have won four out of last five. the only part of this afternoons game i enjoyed was the last eight to ten minutes when we appeared to say ,OK nothing to lose , lets give it a go . First half until the inevitable happened I hought we were comfortable, they score and yet again the team look to johnson, and go what do we do now as if there was no plan B . Mcdonald didnt cover himself in glory today but lets be honest he has no competition, the central defenders both have a future but one of them needs to step back and we need to bring in an old experienced centre half. look at the top six or seven teams they all have seasoned central defenders. I read the tust or trust or what ever you call them comments today, they all seem to indicate that our chairman has a different agenda for this season and Johnson has his hands tied, I do not think that Johnson what have signed unless he agreed fully with whatever the chairman had decided. On a positive I am glad Klaidi got a goal today, he is our most dangerous forward. i also belive that we should not be surprised if Little doesnt end up in pastures new very soon, there cannot be a shortage of suitors.
wbw
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by wbw »

One of the problems is, despite his experience, Johnson couldn't recognise a decent player to save his life. Hence the crap we've signed this season.
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by standupsitdown »

We started OK but didn't have the finishers that Halifax had. Second half very poor until the three substitutions but with three at the back we could easily have conceded more. One goal back and we showed the commitment that we should have started the second half with. However they were clearly the better team with fewer mistakes, more pace and skill than we showed.

This week has effectively decided that our season will be a relegation battle and not an aim to make the play offs. We're very fortunate that only three go down, Dover have so many points deducted and Kings Lynn are well adrift too.

Really need at least a point at Weymouth next week.
Chelston TUFC
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by Chelston TUFC »

First time to see Torquay for a few week's. The team looked lacking in energy, motivation, drive, desire until the final minutes. For most of the game Halifax players were able to pass their way around and sprint past the majority of Torquay players. The substitutions looked like desperate throws of the dices. Sad that GJ can't come and acknowledge the fans as it hardens the opinions against him. It doesn't look like great leadership. When the going is good that he's the first to milk the crowd and get his ego stroked but leaves Downes and his players to acknowledge the crowd after a defeat. I don't think it's a wholly a poor team....there's the basis of the remains of last season but the recruitment has been poor and GJ has been hit and miss with recruitment (for every good one there's a poor one). The thing that springs to mind is.....who motivates the motivator? Feels like GJ needs either an arm around his shoulder or a polite kick up the backside to get his motivation and mojo back. Whatever is happening at the moment isn't working and the game is being lost on the pitch, the training ground or the mind. Its probably a bit of all three but there's only 1 man who can turn it around but it feels like he needs some motivation, support or tough love to turn it around. It may or may not be the time for GJ to move on and maybe it's run it's course but I can't see anyone of any calibre lining up to become manager of TUFC. Someone within the club needs to get GJ back on track. That's an observation and opinion of what I saw today. The season is as good as over practically as long as we don't get dragged into a relegation battle (fingers crossed)
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

A couple of points regarding Culmstockgulls posts:

You say that Macdonald has no competition - then why on earth are we paying three goalkeepers? Thats nothing to do with the budget or lack of it. Its just poor management by signing a first choice keeper who was woefully ill equipped to do the job in the first place.

Lolos scored today. Isn't he one of the few signings who at least appears to have some ability? When we needed a goal on Tuesday night Johnson bought on Holman. Again today Holman was brought on early in the second half but lets face it will he ever score again this season?

Surely we are in a relegation battle already
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

dawlishmatt wrote: 27 Nov 2021, 10:34 There is a term in the world of Psychiatry called Gaslighting. Gaslighting is a form of psychological abuse where a person will often use a forum or another platform of debate to abuse someone if they disagree with another persons opinions. These people often feel Anxious, Confused and try to use abuse to try and control or feel superior to others. In turn, many others will jump on the bandwagon and support the abuser therefore making the gaslighter feel superior to others.
People like Southampton Gull, SuperNickyWroe and more recently UnitedinDevon as well as many others don't seem able to have a proper debate on this forum without throwing insults into the mix. This is because they, in my opinion, are gaslighting.
Finally, i fully expect Southampton Gull to remove this post as that's the sort of behaviour i would expect from a gaslighter.
Are you sure you worked in psychiatry? Because that is not a description of Gaslighting. Gaslighting is where the victim has their sense of reality undermined by being subjected to a false narrative by one or more perpetrators.
dawlishmatt
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Steve cooper

Post by dawlishmatt »

plainmoor78, good evening. May i suggest that you look up the term Gaslighting in any English Dictionary.