Aldershot Town v Torquay United Tues 23 Nov KO 19.45

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Admiral
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Admiral »

fred wrote: 23 Nov 2021, 18:25 We are certainly not a club in crisis!! More a team lacking a bit of confidence, pace and creativity!! We are not getting hammered every week but agree we could have been out of it at half time on Saturday. First half performances against Maidenhead and Wealdstone show what we are capable of!!! Give Moore and Armstrong a bit of time to bed in added to IMO Lewis, Lapsie, Little, Moxey, Perrit, Hall, who have done ok this season and things may just turn around!! It's consistency we are lacking!!
Agree the facilities at Barnet were great!! Not sure they own it all or just rent the ground. I believe Spurs ladies play there too!!
Agreed, we’re also missing Hall which is a big loss. November is a massive month for us, unlikely yes, but if we can come away with 9 points from Dover, Barnet, Aldershot and Halifax I’d be over the moon. 7 keeps the interest going into Christmas
Admiral
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by Admiral »

Evans back
North Curry House
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by North Curry House »

Listening to TUFC radio, we appear to be well and n top. The Comms said we showed lots of endeavour but no end result. Sums up the season really.
Admiral
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by Admiral »

242 there, great effort
Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Dutchgull »

Oh FFS BOLLOXS
Gloomy Gull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Gloomy Gull »

Should we be surprised really !!! :}
SWgull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Post by SWgull »

Very, very poor again tonight. Looking like 0 points from a possible 6 against, let's face it, two very poor sides. What does that say about us??
Gloomy Gull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Gloomy Gull »

SWgull wrote: 23 Nov 2021, 21:38 Very, very poor again tonight. Looking like 0 points from a possible 6 against, let's face it, two very poor sides. What does that say about us??
We are looking very likely to be in a relegation fight if things don’t improve significantly by the end of the year ☹️
dawlishmatt
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Steve cooper

Post by dawlishmatt »

Time to wake up Gary Johnson lovers. Johnson has to go now. We are a laughing stock and a complete embarrassment. It was obvious to me that at the Bromley game there was something seriously wrong with the team. I believe that Johnson has lost the dressing room. Even when fit, players from last season aren't performing. Asa Hall when he plays is a shadow of the player we had last season as is CLE. Let's hope that George Edwards gets uncle Clarke to sack the entire management at the club, before we are in a serious relegation battle.
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Jackie Gallagher

Post by Teigngull »

Now say a crisis isn't looming.
Poor game management
Under par recruitment
A manager & assistant who have lost their way.
Apathy set in amongst a lot of supporters who think Gary & co can do no wrong.
I'm telling you now we are a club in crisis & changes need to be made now.
As much as I live & breathe our club, this situation right now is a total embarrassment.
George Edward's, Clarke Osborne please do the right thing & take action, this sorry bunch will only take us down again.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Of course this is a crisis. The team has been piss poor all season.

0 points out of 6 against Barnet and Aldershot is pathetic and we are looking like a relegation outfit. As well as losing to both the aforementioned no hopers we all but fluked a win against Dover.

Omar, Halstead, Rogers, Holman - theres four players who arn't even Conference South standard for starters. Did anybody actually watch these players before we signed them?
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

dawlishmatt wrote: 23 Nov 2021, 21:58 Time to wake up Gary Johnson lovers. Johnson has to go now. We are a laughing stock and a complete embarrassment. It was obvious to me that at the Bromley game there was something seriously wrong with the team. I believe that Johnson has lost the dressing room. Even when fit, players from last season aren't performing. Asa Hall when he plays is a shadow of the player we had last season as is CLE. Let's hope that George Edwards gets uncle Clarke to sack the entire management at the club, before we are in a serious relegation battle.
Talking b*llocks again are we?
Wondered how long it would take.
You "believe" that GJ has lost the dressing room? It must be true then.
Im sure we all knew we'd struggle this year after last season - the players that left and the replacements brought in at such a late stage pre season left us behind everyone else.
We were never going to be able to compete with the big spenders and the teams that have retained their squads from last season.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Teigngull wrote: 23 Nov 2021, 22:09 Now say a crisis isn't looming.
Poor game management
Under par recruitment
A manager & assistant who have lost their way.
Apathy set in amongst a lot of supporters who think Gary & co can do no wrong.
I'm telling you now we are a club in crisis & changes need to be made now.
As much as I live & breathe our club, this situation right now is a total embarrassment.
George Edward's, Clarke Osborne please do the right thing & take action, this sorry bunch will only take us down again.
See my above post.
Good to see you and DawlishPratt back on and moaning as usual.
Last edited by SuperNickyWroe on 23 Nov 2021, 23:04, edited 1 time in total.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024

TUST Member 468

MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

Like many others I’ve been in denial, that a team so good last season, could possibly be as bad this season. The harsh reality is a good percentage of the players are just not up to the job - Gary Johnson knows this and forewarned us 10 games into the season.

Whilst fans opinions are shared freely, creating surges of extreme views, since when does social media round-the-clock analysis of our manager shape the TU future agenda.

Whilst our last two results will be forgotten by Christmas, I have no doubt that social media's armchair managers sweeping criticism and reactions will continue to get more extreme.

Whilst fans have every right to have their say, I just hope fans can bear in mind that there is a distinction between professional and personal criticism, however, disastrous a manager’s results. (Owers excluded)

I am disappointed with our poor display's this season, but it seems a tad too soon to be crystal ball gazing on a relegation crisis. Yes, our match performances will be indifferent this season but I'd rather stay positive in that GJ will take stock of the circumstance and use the rest of this season to build for the next.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

MellowYellow wrote: 23 Nov 2021, 23:03 Like many others I’ve been in denial, that a team so good last season, could possibly be as bad this season. The harsh reality is a good percentage of the players are just not up to the job - Gary Johnson knows this and forewarned us 10 games into the season.

Whilst fans opinions are shared freely, creating surges of extreme views, since when does social media round-the-clock analysis of our manager shape the TU future agenda.

Whilst our last two results will be forgotten by Christmas, I have no doubt that social media's armchair managers sweeping criticism and reactions will continue to get more extreme.

Whilst fans have every right to have their say, I just hope fans can bear in mind that there is a distinction between professional and personal criticism, however, disastrous a manager’s results. (Owers excluded)

I am disappointed with our poor display's this season, but it seems a tad too soon to be crystal ball gazing on a relegation crisis. Yes, our match performances will be indifferent this season but I'd rather stay positive in that GJ will take stock of the circumstance and use the rest of this season to build for the next.
:goodpost:

I haven't been in denial - I always knew that this season would be nowhere near as good as last season.
Expect a mid-table finish.

TUST Member 468