Barnet away 20.11.21

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
tufc si
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by tufc si »

brucie wrote: 20 Nov 2021, 18:18 Where exactly is Evans? - I would agree if his wife had a baby last Saturday surely he should be playing a week later? - I mean Barnet isn't the **** Antartic
The guy has just had a kid and he is entitled to two weeks off regardless of his profession. If he feels he needs to be home for those two weeks then so be it. That isn’t him or the club saying that, its the law.

I don’t know the circumstances of the birth, but if the baby came out of the sunroof, his missus will be pretty useless for a good few weeks until shes healed. Some things are just bigger than football :-D
Uptongull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by Uptongull »

Dread to think what the home gates will be once the 1000-ticket giveaways stop. :-/
fred
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Aaron downs

Post by fred »

Are we sure they didn't stay overnight!! I spoke with GJ before the Bromely match and he said they stayed over and were only half hour away. Traffic was bad (as always) on the M25 yesterday so really poor if we traveled direct and rocked up with 50 minutes to spare. Agree first half was terrible but came out fighting in the second and Little scored a fantastic free kick!! Top corner!! Thought we could go on and win from there with the Torquay fans in good voice. Shame about the pen. Couldn't see to clear from down the other end but no complaints from the players. Littles set pieces were far better yesterday and he played well along with Lewis. My worries from watching the pre season games (especially Plymouth) was a lack of creativity and pace. Here we are approaching December and nothing has changed. We are in a relegation fight. Listening to the results leaving the ground I'm already more happy when a lower team loses and not that bothered when too teams win and that tells you something about where we are!! Good luck to Connor and his family. Hope to see him back soon!!
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by standupsitdown »

As ever, we looked better when we passed the ball through the middle rather than play hopeful long balls.
culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by culmstockgull »

Lots of comments on whether Evans was injured or on paternity leave, at least we have two reliable scenarios for him, oddly nothing on Hall, is he injured, why can Andrews manage only cameo appearances. what injury has Wright suffered and will he be available before 2022 if at all, has the budget been cut, if it has, it must be no surprise if the owner has said , its not just one , two or even three players you signed that are not up to this league, why should I waste any more money to allow you to make the same mistakes. all these are like sub plots from a second rate soap opera. The only real story is we were as poor yesterday as we were against Dover, forward line huffed and puffed but no end product and no real threat, two centre halfs are young and inexperienced and they were puled all over the place yesterday.
Just listened to Johnsons post match when he says he cant wait for January and getting some new players in, wishful thinking and a deflection from the reality that even if they do arrive on past performance there is cetainly no guarantee they will be up to much.
I mentioned in mid week that we were a small fish in a big pond which some thought was harsh, even Jonson admitted that Stockport have three first teams when we struggle to put out one.
Call me cycnical but I did wonder why we have been artifically inflating the crowds by the best part of a thousand over the last month,then I see the premier has just released a further 25 million to div1, 2 and the national, before we get excited , its being released over three seasons and our portion of 5 million will be divided between our league and the north and south , primarily to make up for crowd loss and covid restrictions and guess what,the money allocated will be based on average crowds amongst other things, before we get too excited I reckon we will see enough for a good christmas staff party and a set of corner flags.
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

culmstockgull wrote: 21 Nov 2021, 09:10 Call me cycnical but I did wonder why we have been artifically inflating the crowds by the best part of a thousand over the last month,then I see the premier has just released a further 25 million to div1, 2 and the national, before we get excited , its being released over three seasons and our portion of 5 million will be divided between our league and the north and south , primarily to make up for crowd loss and covid restrictions and guess what,the money allocated will be based on average crowds amongst other things, before we get too excited I reckon we will see enough for a good christmas staff party and a set of corner flags.
That is an interesting theory and in the light of Notts County trying and succeeding to break the National League attendance record by offering tickets for a fiver the other week sounds very plausible indeed.
grockle
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Willie Brown

Post by grockle »

Uptongull wrote: 21 Nov 2021, 08:30 Dread to think what the home gates will be once the 1000-ticket giveaways stop. :-/
1,000 less than they are now :whistle:
grockle
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Willie Brown

Post by grockle »

Plainmoor78 wrote: 21 Nov 2021, 11:08 That is an interesting theory and in the light of Notts County trying and succeeding to break the National League attendance record by offering tickets for a fiver the other week sounds very plausible indeed.
Just the flags, not enough for the poles as well! :)
JimNichol'sdog
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by JimNichol'sdog »

If Gary Johnson is excited about recruiting new players in January, let's hope they're not recommded by his brother. He is to scouting what the Taliban are to female emancipation!!
dawlishmatt
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Steve cooper

Post by dawlishmatt »

JimNichol'sdog wrote: 21 Nov 2021, 19:59 If Gary Johnson is excited about recruiting new players in January, let's hope they're not recommded by his brother. He is to scouting what the Taliban are to female emancipation!!
Bloody brilliant posting, havn't stopped laughing for hours. Mrs Dawlish has just given me 50mg of diazepam to calm me down !!!!!!!
Louis
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Louis »

Highlights

⚽️ Prediction League 23/24 - TUFC merch prizes for grabs
⚽️ Press Room - all latest TUFC News
⚽️ @Torquay_Fans - follow us on X for all the latest

Whydoibother
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Alex Russell

Post by Whydoibother »

Another terrible performance, i know players missing but surely if our manager is so bloody good why isnt he getting his players to perform?
taxilady
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Micky Cave RIP

Post by taxilady »

[quote=fred post_id=259519 time=1637483920 user_id=23169]
Are we sure they didn't stay overnight!! I spoke with GJ before the Bromely match and he said they stayed over and were only half hour away. Traffic was bad (as always) on the M25 yesterday so really poor if we traveled direct and rocked up with 50 minutes to spare.
Yeah, they defo travelled up on Saturday. Most of the time they were about 20 minutes behind the Travel Club coach. They stopped at Reading for lunch.
We'll Be Back ! TTID

TUST share number 066
DB57
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jimmy Dunne

Post by DB57 »

Whydoibother wrote: 22 Nov 2021, 15:01 Another terrible performance, i know players missing but surely if our manager is so bloody good why isnt he getting his players to perform?
It’s not only the injured players that are missing, the ones getting picked go missing every week. So much for seizing the opportunity
North Curry House
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by North Curry House »

SuperNickyWroe wrote: 20 Nov 2021, 10:50 Don't talk wet.
Don't talk wet? I did not like to upset SNW but I think his comments are more deserving of his own statement. We ARE in an almighty battle to keep put of the bottom three.

Not looking good for Saturday, we have NOTHING upfront.