Barnet away 20.11.21

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
notnow
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by notnow »

Painful to admit but it would appear we are not as good as we were last season…… I’ve been in denial, the time has come to realise we have players that just can’t compete, the fire and spirit, the determination and belief has drained away from Plainmoor, I feel sorry for GJ. We were robbed and at times unlucky with injuries last season. Bugger…..
North Curry House
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by North Curry House »

grockle wrote: 20 Nov 2021, 16:05 Are you saying that he is on paternity leave. If so, it would be nice to be informed, and for how long?
It was my understanding that he was presented with a second child earlier this week, surely he should be available several days later. I congratulate him and his partner, hope mother and baby are doing well.
Wubble U
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: The Sills
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Wubble U »

Tough watch that game! We're as useless as I can ever remember against the worst conference team I've seen this season. Didn't help the ref was incompetent but we never looked like we were able to get any points from this game.
They all look scared to ruin their hairdo if they make a tackle and scared of a useless opposition, so what hope to we have.
Oh dear this season's done for me, every game is just painfully woeful. can't put myself through any more of that codshite
Gull1899
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Gull1899 »

Mid table at best this season. Let’s hope we don’t lose to Aldershot otherwise we could get sucked into a relegation battle
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Where exactly is Evans? - I would agree if his wife had a baby last Saturday surely he should be playing a week later? - I mean Barnet isn't the **** Antartic
UnitedinDevon
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by UnitedinDevon »

brucie wrote: 20 Nov 2021, 18:18 Where exactly is Evans? - I would agree if his wife had a baby last Saturday surely he should be playing a week later? - I mean Barnet isn't the **** Antartic
Devon Live match report stating that Evans was absent due to being on paternity leave
dawlishmatt
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Steve cooper

Post by dawlishmatt »

UnitedinDevon wrote: 20 Nov 2021, 18:28 Devon Live match report stating that Evans was absent due to being on paternity leave
Gary Johnson said in his interview on BBC Radio Plymouth that CLE was injured. I know the NHS is in crisis so did he get injured in helping his partner giving birth !!!!!!!!!!!!!
jono_Gull209
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jason Fowler

Post by jono_Gull209 »

Musings:

Armani was terrific. Our best player by a country mile.

We were in the ascendancy after the equaliser but gifted them a penalty after an error from Omar, who is painfully bad.

Lolos doesn’t do the basics. I actually thought Holman offered more to our build up play when he came on.

Byron Moore is neat and tidy, nothing special but a better option than O’Connell, who after last week’s decent performance was just so ineffective again.
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by standupsitdown »

We were very poor in the first half but much better in the second and probably deserved a draw.
Useless ref yet again.
We don't look like a team that could make 7th for the play offs, let alone win them.
jono_Gull209
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jason Fowler

Post by jono_Gull209 »

standupsitdown wrote: 20 Nov 2021, 20:04 We were very poor in the first half but much better in the second and probably deserved a draw.
Useless ref yet again.
We don't look like a team that could make 7th for the play offs, let alone win them.
No chance of the play offs!
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by standupsitdown »

We're actually still 8 points from play offs and 8 points from relegation. But there are a lot of teams between us and 7th and we are showing few signs that the team is good enough to climb far up the table.
I thought before the game that Barnet & Aldershot would show which way we're going. Three or more points and we can still look upwards. Two defeats and the season's objective is probably to avoid a relegation fight - and win the FA Trophy of course.
Younonothing
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Younonothing »

jono_Gull209 wrote: 20 Nov 2021, 20:10 No chance of the play offs!
Didn't help the team turning up at 2.10 with kick off at 3, long journey just to get off coach and play !!!
Nick Potkins
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Nick Potkins »

Sadly that was rubbish again today. Second to everything and their keeper could not catch a cold, dropped everything. I can only see one way for this group of players, fighting relegation.

The highlight being a young Torquay United female fan control the ball in the walkway during the warm up, flick it up and head it back (sign her up) 😃
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

Younonothing wrote: 20 Nov 2021, 21:03 Didn't help the team turning up at 2.10 with kick off at 3, long journey just to get off coach and play !!!
Travelling up on the day instead of an overnight stay suggests the budget has been slashed. Have the owners written off the season?
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

Plainmoor78 wrote: 21 Nov 2021, 00:09 Travelling up on the day instead of an overnight stay suggests the budget has been slashed. Have the owners written off the season?
Interesting comment. We always have done overnight stays in London area even in National south. Gary commented in his pre match interview about overnight being discussed if over 4.5 hours. Sorry something isn’t right regarding cutbacks. But in mitigation he did say the team play no better versus an overnight stay
Lucy