January Changes.

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
rivieratouch
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

January Changes.

Post by rivieratouch »

I can see some if our squad moving on in January. The likes of Omar hasn't worked for me, and Halstead is now just an expensive reserve.
If we can offload a few, either pay up or release, then wages could be spent on more needed players, as its becoming clearer that the mass input at the beginning of the season hasn't really worked.
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

Why wait until January? There's no transfer window in the National League.
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

we're not going to pay up players to move on before their contracts are up. At worst we'll tell players to keep reporting for training without any intention of ever playing (unless there's another extreme injury crisis).

We also aren't subject to the transfer window. The National League (except for Wrexham) can sign players whenever they like, so if there was money to bring in players and we had identified somebody, we'd be doing it already. I suspect that the budget is pretty tight and that Johnson won't sign anybody sight-unseen; if at all possible he'll take a look at players first - like Byron Moore. *that* means that they'll need to be players who are out of contract .
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
dawlishmatt
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Steve cooper

Post by dawlishmatt »

Sack the Brothers Johnson and install Neil Warnock as manager. He lives just down the road in Cornwall
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

dawlishmatt wrote: 16 Nov 2021, 15:07 Sack the Brothers Johnson and install Neil Warnock as manager. He lives just down the road in Cornwall
Don't worry, I'm sure we'll lose again soon so you can spout your bile.......
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

Torquay were busy against Bristol City on Tuesday, no idea who played for the U23's.
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal:
grockle
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Willie Brown

Post by grockle »

We could always borrow some players from Exeter. They seem to have too many at the moment, as they managed to use 6 substitutes in the cup on Tuesday night. :rules: =D
culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by culmstockgull »

It is all academic this talk about moving players on, Johnson mentions that you are not up to scratch and you do not feature n his plans, would you mind leaving, no one on their right mind would say yes unless they had a club ready to take them on the same or better wages, I will bench warm until the end of the season thank you very much. what we have we are stuck with . If anyone saw the stockport v bolton game last night, besides being hugely entertaining Stockport have a team that we could only dream of and that was without Rooney and whitfield who has fractured his foot, would any of our players make their starting 11, very unlikely. Stockport cannot defend to saves their lives but when they attack they are awesome. If nothing else it should dispel any believers that we are a league team in waiting, We are a small fish in a very big pond.
Gull1899
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Gull1899 »

I would say it’s harsh to say we’re a ‘small fish in a big pond’ I’d say we are amongst similar size as many of the good ex league clubs in the league. Wrexham, Stockport, Notts, Chesterfield, Grimsby, Southend. National Leagye is basically on a par with League 2 in my eyes, but I firmly believe we’re in the top 7 of clubs in this league.

We have an amazing away support, good home support when doing well (like most clubs) Plainmoor can be rocking at times and in a beautiful part of the country which hopefully could be an interesting choice for any players up for a move.

The reality is we had a massive disappointment last season after an amazing campaign, this one was always going be hard to replicate. It’s all about putting together another decent squad for probably next season, under one of the best managers in the league.
Hammdog2601
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by Hammdog2601 »

Hearing another 1 is in the door and will be available for Barnet. Not a clue on names or positions👍
Minneapolisgull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Jo Kuffour

Post by Minneapolisgull »

You ever get the feeling with some of the utter knobs Torquay has who spout there abuse week after week at the ground even some of the rubbish written on here about players amazed me! Look up the word Support! If a player would you fancy coming to Torquay?
I think maybe last year we did so well is because most of those could not be heard as we were not allowed in. Maybe the torquay players felt free from the constant abuse.
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

I don't think it's constant abuse, compared to other clubs overall I think our fans are very supportive of the players, again it's just the small minority (sorry DB57) who like the sound of their own voices and then others in in the same vicinity jump on the bandwagon. We all get frustrated with players and mutter things but shouting it so the players hear is out of order.
dawlishmatt
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by dawlishmatt »

Talking about abuse, i remember well in the 80s when Kenny Allen was our keeper. when abuse was shouted at him, he shouted back abuse at the fans !!!!!!
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Southampton Gull wrote: 16 Nov 2021, 15:45 Don't worry, I'm sure we'll lose again soon so you can spout your bile.......
As predicted and his alter ego (Teigngull) came back to do the same. Sad that they call themselves "fans".
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
dawlishmatt
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by dawlishmatt »

Southampton Gull, good morning I was expecting your post. I have a question for you. What would you do to fix the crisis at TUFC. You constantly knock people who's opinions are different to yours but never give your opinion. So come on SG, what would you do to sort this mess out?