Torquay United v Dover Athletic Sat 13 Nov KO 3pm

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Younonothing
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Younonothing »

Bristol_Gull wrote: 13 Nov 2021, 17:23 My observation of Little today is that many of the players are not on his wavelength, he seems to play some cutting balls that the other players aren’t reading.

He’s come into a lot of stick, but I feel he would be seen in a different light if playing alongside higher calibre players.

Set pieces still leave a lot to the imagination but again I question the level of movement and creativity in the box in dead ball situations.

Lastly, I’m sadly not shocked to see another 2 injuries. What do we need to do differently to keep a fit squad?
Trouble is how many players actually want the ball other then little !!!!
divingbboy
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by divingbboy »

Younonothing wrote: 13 Nov 2021, 16:59 Cant believe when motm was said fans boo absolute wankers
There were idiots in the Bench screaming at GJ to get Armani off. Absolute idiots. I'm glad GJ told them to **** off home right after Armani's second goal. Absolutely embarrassing ****.
TUST member 203
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

divingbboy wrote: 13 Nov 2021, 17:39 There were idiots in the Bench screaming at GJ to get Armani off. Absolute idiots. I'm glad GJ told them to **** off home right after Armani's second goal. Absolutely embarrassing ****.
:goodpost:

We have some right tools that "support" TUFC.
Its obviously above their limited intellect to have noticed that we'd have lost without AL today - and games before without his goals and assists.
Some fans need to give their head a shake and get their heads from out of their ar*e.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

notnow
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by notnow »

Disgusted and embarrassed that there are fans booing AL. Shameful, Armani answered them in the best way! There is no way these moaning fans have been through thick and thin over the last 6-7 years. Just glory hunters.
Taelee73
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rodney jack
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Taelee73 »

Awful performance. How we won that game is beyond me. 30 odd years and that's one of the worst displays I've seen. Our quality was virtually zero. Yet celebrating like we'd just beaten top of the league. Moxley the only one to come out with credit.
I thought Little was poor, despite the two goals that won it. I do agree he is at least always looking for the ball. And also, the people booing him, then cheering when he scored was laughable.
I thought these 2 weeks were to get injured players back, no Hall, Wright, Evans. no information.
The warm up regime at half time is terrible. Just passing the ball to each other, no jogging, no structure or anything, no wonder he got an injury.
It looks like we have a stack more now as well.
Taelee73
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rodney jack

Post by Taelee73 »

Awful performance. How we won that game is beyond me. Our quality was virtually zero. Yet celebrating like we'd just beaten top of the league. Moxley the only one to come out with credit.
I thought Little was poor, but he scored the 2 goals that won it, and I do agree he is at least always looking for the ball. And also, the people booing him, then cheering when he scored were laughable.
I thought these 2 weeks were to get injured players back, no Hall, Wright, Evans. no information.
The warm up regime at half time is terrible. Just standing passing the ball to each other, no jogging, no structure or anything, no wonder he got an injury.
It looks like we have a stack more now as well.
UnitedinDevon
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by UnitedinDevon »

Dead balls need improvement ASAP
Younonothing
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Younonothing »

Yeah think we covered that one 😉
culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by culmstockgull »

I agree with the sentiment already posted we were really poor today, but saw the same last season when we had a two week break, we weren't awake for the first 20 minutes as if someone had said, their part time, relax their also bottom ,you will have no problem with them, how wrong that was. I wanted to have a moan about little's passes that invariably went astray but he sort of knackered that with two goals and saving us three points.As for booing him after he got man of the match what was the point.He deserved it but in all honesty there was very little competition other than perhaps Moxey.
What made me fume was Johnson's injury, came on, makes one run, pulls up with a hamstring, No one can now convince me that it is just bad luck. we are doing something fundamently wrong with the amount of similar injuries that befall us.
UnitedinDevon
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by UnitedinDevon »

Congratulations to CLE, his partner gave birth which is why he wasn't there today
Bristol_Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Rodney Jack
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Bristol_Gull »

culmstockgull wrote: 13 Nov 2021, 18:21 I agree with the sentiment already posted we were really poor today, but saw the same last season when we had a two week break, we weren't awake for the first 20 minutes as if someone had said, their part time, relax their also bottom ,you will have no problem with them, how wrong that was. I wanted to have a moan about little's passes that invariably went astray but he sort of knackered that with two goals and saving us three points.As for booing him after he got man of the match what was the point.He deserved it but in all honesty there was very little competition other than perhaps Moxey.
What made me fume was Johnson's injury, came on, makes one run, pulls up with a hamstring, No one can now convince me that it is just bad luck. we are doing something fundamently wrong with the amount of similar injuries that befall us.
As noted by a previous poster the half time warm up routine was unstructured and does not appear professional.

I’m not convinced I saw C.Johnson do much of a warm up before coming on, so it’s hardly surprising that after a blistering run like that from a cold start would result in injury.

I know others have mentioned it before but I do think serious questions need to be asked about the fitness regimen at the club.
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell

Post by portugull »

Well today was proof that there are no easy games in this League.

We gifted Dover a 4th minute goal with rank bad defending. No excuses.

We must have had 80% of possession for the rest of the half and O' Connell ran them ragged to quote Gary Johnson.

Lolos was dangerous and has such quick feet but he just could not quite make it count and he drew a good save from keeper Parkes towards the end of the half.

Armani Little equalised with a low shot from outside the penalty box right in the corner of the net at the Babbacombe end. Most of the NHS invitees were in the Babbacombe end which was good to see. What a great gesture by the Club.

The second half lacked quality and numerous injuries resulted in a real stop start game.

I was truly shocked by some booing when Armani got MOTM. Never heard that before. Clearly not true United Fans. Ridiculous.

So ironic when Armani belts home the winning goal in the 90th minute with a great volley into the roof of the net. Well done Armani.

Without Asa Hall, CLE, Danny Wright, Armstrong it is not too surprising we are failing to play better in the midfield were games are so often controlled by the better team.

Little deserved MOTM and Moxey, Perritt,Lolos and O'Connell did well.

The fact that Aldershot beat Grimsby proves that any team can beat anybody in this League so every 3 points is massive.
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

Well that was a real struggle and a difficult watch, a real lack of quality to create openings. Really had enough of the number of early goals we hand the opposition.
Thought O'Connell did very well today , the one player to show some pace and sharpness. Pathetic booing when Little got MotM whatever you think of him he is always involved and making himself available, he makes some good passes and mucks up some but never hides.
There's some strange so called supporters at Plainmoor, always has been, back in the mid sixties a similar goalscoring midfielder called Tommy Spratt was hated by sections of the crowd and booed yet he ended up top scorer in our promotion season with 18 goals outscoring Robin Stubbs !!
Anyway , let's hope with the return of CLE,
Armstrong, a fit Moore and a pacy winger to replace Addai we can look forward to some better performances because any thoughts of play offs are a million miles away after todays effort.
Wolborough
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Wolborough »

So pleased for Little. He will get even better over time. He is a class act.
Gull in black
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Lee Mansell
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Gull in black »

Great to get the three points although I thought we had lost the opportunity as the game went on.

Some good performances - O’Connell, Moxey also Little, Lewis, Lollos and Mac. Great to see Jake back in action.

Booing Armani’s MOTM totally unacceptable.

Looking forward to having CLE back.