Wrexham v Torquay

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Nightrider
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Rodney jack

Post by Nightrider »

Tufc radio has got a bloody cheek asking you to contribute when they can't get it right.
bringbackthecowshed
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Tommy Mitchinson

Post by bringbackthecowshed »

got it thanks Midlandgull, which I hadn't bothered 1-0!
ShropGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by ShropGull »

Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Dutchgull »

YESSSSSS !!!!
bringbackthecowshed
On the Bench
On the Bench

COYY
Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Dutchgull »

Superb !!!!
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

FT 1-1.
Played well in the 2nd half. Lemon outstanding.
Well done everyone! :clap:
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

bringbackthecowshed
On the Bench
On the Bench

found radio Devon's commentary much better than TUFC radio and it was nice to hear Steve Woods as co commentator, good second half performance
DWB
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Alex Russell

Post by DWB »

Superb point given all the hype around Hollywood sorry Wrexham, just a shame we couldn’t go on and win it but we’ll done lads.
Ulleswater
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Larry Baxter

Post by Ulleswater »

Very hostile especially after the equaliser - coins and the odd bottle directed at yellow army. Disgraceful. Glad to be back in England now😂
Gloomy Gull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Gloomy Gull »

That has to be considered a great point won......different country and a hostile partisan crowd.

Sounded like Moore had a reasonable start and Addai also sounded like he might be on his way back 🤞
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

That was a great point gained and hopefully a confidence booster. The next 4 games in Nov against Dover, Barnet, Aldershot and Halifax will be the make or break for our season.

On a side note - who thought Scott Boden was moving to a top of the table team when he left Torquay.
Ludlow Gulled
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Ludlow Gulled »

Great result - feels like a win. Took the kids for a day out and I’m glad they wanted to sit right at the front - out of reach of the drinks and sausage rolls chucked by knobby Wrexham fans in the section above us after the equaliser. Shame really because I thought the adjacent stand created a great atmosphere otherwise. I definitely think we deserved a point for our second half performance tbh. We gave as good as we got after a first half where I thought we struggled to find any sort of rhythm. They were a big, well-organised team. Very direct, and I think they intimidated us into knocking long and often overcooked balls. Armstrong doesn’t seem to offer much in an arial challenge - nor Holman or Lolos tbh - so it was a tough 45. Then we brought on some the little fellas, got the ball down and looked more confident. Lewis is brilliant, Moxwy solid, Wynter had a much more composed second 45. I thought Johnson was alright in the first half but Lapslie offers a more no-nonsense solidity. And a little bit of disruptive shit-housery- also good. Addai and Byron livened things up and gave Armani and the Lemon many more options. Reasons to be cheerful, I reckon.
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

Good and probably deserved point, though we offered little threat and barely created a chance apart from the goal and an unchallenged header straight at the keeper which should have levelled it before we did.
Would like to see Addai and Moore on from the start, looked better when they came on.
Shaun Macdonalds handling today was absolutely superb, catching long throws from Tozer, corners and free kicks , great decision making , confident and faultless
Best game I've seen him play.
fred
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Aaron downs

Post by fred »

As said with the opening post really happy with a point tonight! Ruined their party!! An away point on the back of last week's win, with a continually improving squad gives us hope going into the Christmas period!!