My trip to Bromley

General chat about anything else goes here.
dawlishmatt
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Steve cooper

My trip to Bromley

Post by dawlishmatt »

So my dear friends, nobody bit after my last post in the Bromley vs Torquay Post. I spent nearly 500 quid going to see that s*** taking 2 of my grandkids for a weekend away. Its funny how things work out, isn't it. When I booked the trip about 10 days before, the match was not listed as being televised on BT sport. Had it been listed, I would have stayed at home. Included in my trip was spending Saturday night in a Bed and breakfast in Brighton. On Saturday night I took the grandchildren to Hove dogs and managed to win around 350 quid. At the greyhound stadium I met an old friend of mine, Tony Gardener whom I have known for over 30 years. On speaking with Tony I asked him if he had any tips for tonight. He responded by saying no but he did say that he had one of his own greyhounds which was running in the first race at Hove the following Wednesday from trap 1.
Yesterday lunchtime I put 200 quid on the greyhound and the wife put 50 quid on the Dog. Tony is one of the top greyhound trainers in the county and it was no surprise watching the dog slaughter the field at odds of 5/2 meaning I will pick up 700 quid later today.

I guess I can now claim to be a professional supporter of Torquay United as I am now 350 quid richer than I was when I set out on my trip to Bromley at 8am last Saturday morning. Funny how things work out, isn't it. 😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁