Bromley v Torquay 9th Oct

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
dawlishmatt
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Steve cooper

Post by dawlishmatt »

UnitedinDevon wrote: 10 Oct 2021, 11:02 If you think that sacking GJ will help you are deluded!
I agree that I must be deluded, spending £ 500 on that crap. Still something good did come out of my trip, we stayed the night in Brighton and went to Hove greyhound racing last night and won £ 350.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

dawlishmatt wrote: 10 Oct 2021, 11:24 I agree that I must be deluded, spending £ 500 on that crap. Still something good did come out of my trip, we stayed the night in Brighton and went to Hove greyhound racing last night and won £ 350.

Stop f**king moaning then..... :}
It costs everyone money to follow TUFC wherever they are playing......
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

UnitedinDevon
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by UnitedinDevon »

dawlishmatt wrote: 10 Oct 2021, 11:24 I agree that I must be deluded, spending £ 500 on that crap. Still something good did come out of my trip, we stayed the night in Brighton and went to Hove greyhound racing last night and won £ 350.
Not really fussed how much money you spent to be honest

You'll be on your other North Curry House account moaning about the screen again soon

Greyhound racing how grim!
dawlishmatt
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by dawlishmatt »

Unitedindevon, I haven't got a scooby doo what the hell you're on about. My guess is that you're one of those supporters who have never been to plainmoor in your life. We call them armchair Supporters, people who will moan if there's nothing to moan about. People who may have been supporters many years ago but don't actually go to games. I've got a tip for you. Trap 1 in the 1-57 race at Hove on Wednesday afternoon.
gullsgullsgulls
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Sills

Post by gullsgullsgulls »

Dawlishmatt complains about sport leaving him feeling hard done by.

Makes himself feel better by watching dogs being raced for profit before being locked back in their cages and ultimately being put down by age 3, unless saved by a charity.

#perspective
dawlishmatt
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by dawlishmatt »

gullsgullsgulls, i'm also a season ticket holder for the T-20 Blast at Somerset ccc. I guess your'e going to moan about now. cruelty to Bats !!!!!!!!!!
Gull1899
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Gull1899 »

It’s obviously not as successful season as last year, but the management team fully deserve the year to mould a new team together which hopefully ends with a promising end to the season with which to kick on next year. It’s unbelievably hard to get out of this league so it’s best to just enjoy where we are and try to just improve for next season
Cockney Cockers
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by Cockney Cockers »

That pretty much sums it up Gull1899. To have your top players cherry picked and two incredibly successful loans going back home is massive. Luck plays a big part in loans being that good and we were so lucky with our two last year, maybe not so this year so far, (although O’Connell looks promising). You can’t just stamp your feet like toddlers and expect instant magic. Transitional season ahead with massive team building for next season. In my opinion Lewis, CLE, Little, Hapslie and Wynter are the only ones who are going to be fit/good enough for next season, all other positions are up for grabs and we have to take a look at as many as possible but not to expect anything from this season apart from opportunity to rebuild.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Isn't O'Connell a permanent signing? - he looks awful to me.
PL21gull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Lee MansellBaseball

Post by PL21gull »

Whitfield, Nemane, Cameron were very good last season, until injuries robbed us of a great season...however, they had not reached that level overnight so we have to bear with the fact that we lost half of last year's team and have to rebuild again to make younger players better. As said above, we are in transition and are not competitive enough yet, but calling for the manager's head and rubbishing individuals will not suddenly transform our fortunes. But we should wish for more encouraging teamwork and hope for a better second half of this season so that we can improve for the future.
JimNichol'sdog
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by JimNichol'sdog »

Why is Marcin Brzozowski still on the payroll when the management team evidently doesn't consider him to be fit for purpose??
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

JimNichol'sdog wrote: 10 Oct 2021, 19:55 Why is Marcin Brzozowski still on the payroll when the management team evidently doesn't consider him to be fit for purpose??
Because he is under contract, and he will stay on the pay roll until either another club wants him or he can be persuaded to leave but that will still cost the club some form of compensation.
UnitedinDevon
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by UnitedinDevon »

brucie wrote: 10 Oct 2021, 18:09 Isn't O'Connell a permanent signing? - he looks awful to me.
There isn't much to him but when he gets the ball at his feet and runs with it he can be dangerous. Just feel at time he delays on the ball and tries a pass thats not on.

Seen enough of him at plainmoor to know he's not the end product but he needs to keep using his main attributes of running with the ball, this team needs all the pace it can get!
UnitedinDevon
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by UnitedinDevon »

dawlishmatt wrote: 10 Oct 2021, 15:07 Unitedindevon, I haven't got a scooby doo what the hell you're on about. My guess is that you're one of those supporters who have never been to plainmoor in your life. We call them armchair Supporters, people who will moan if there's nothing to moan about. People who may have been supporters many years ago but don't actually go to games. I've got a tip for you. Trap 1 in the 1-57 race at Hove on Wednesday afternoon.
Ive got a ST and have done for the last 6 years, so thanks for your deluded input!
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

Gull1899 wrote: 10 Oct 2021, 16:25 It’s obviously not as successful season as last year, but the management team fully deserve the year to mould a new team together which hopefully ends with a promising end to the season with which to kick on next year. It’s unbelievably hard to get out of this league so it’s best to just enjoy where we are and try to just improve for next season
good post with sound logic.