Notts County v Torquay United Sat 28 August KO 3pm

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
PrestonGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by PrestonGull »

lucy6lucy wrote: 28 Aug 2021, 02:22 Nailed on a red card for this game. Cameron will be in for a tough afternoon
Spot on! Not Cameron though.
Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Dutchgull »

DANNY WRIGHT !!!
Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Dutchgull »

OLLOCKS
Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Dutchgull »

Fantastic point !!!
DWB
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Alex Russell

Post by DWB »

This would seem to be a fantastic away point especially going down to 10 men on 25 minutes. Also I see Joe Lewis went off 3 minutes later with, I assume, an injury so an even more impressive point. Now we have to win on Monday to make it an even better point. Won’t be easy if we are already struggling with injuries and, of course, a suspension!
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Lewis didn't go off
DWB
First Regular
First Regular

Post by DWB »

brucie wrote: 28 Aug 2021, 17:22 Lewis didn't go off
Ah ok thanks Bruce, that’s good news. The bbc website suggests he was substituted and I thought the bbc were always right :lol:
culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by culmstockgull »

I will take that, did not see it happening but I will gladly take the point,listening to the commentary we seemed out on our feet after 70 minutes but withone player down perhaps understandable,glad we are home monday. my point earlier about being thin at the back just got far worse, also we have picked up 8 cards in 2 games which is not sustainable, I am living in hoping that Johnson is going to tell us that he has had two top class back four trailists training with the squad for the last week, well I can dream.
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Dave_Pougher »

Expect a drubbing, end up disappointed we don’t win. Only at TUFC
WELL DONE to everyone involved, team staff and especially to all those optimistic brave souls that travelled all that way!
Stay safe
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell

Post by portugull »

Well what a surprise point.

A magnificent performance from 10 men for 66 minutes plus added time.

Gary was well chuffed in his interview.

Roll on Monday and our old foe Woking who conceded 3 at home today the third goal being by a certain Billy Waters.
divingbboy
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by divingbboy »

Very interesting interview with GJ. Obviously, I haven't see the Ali Omar red card incident, but it seemed clear to him that it was a perfectly-executed tackle. If that is the case, I'm relieved for Ali, because I suspect that he'd have really beaten himself up if he'd been justifiably sent off (just my interpretation of the lad from the interviews I've seen with him).

I nearly spat my drink out when he obliquely referred to Nemane and Cameron: "You know what's really disappointing? Seeing lads you've really helped out playing against you at the same level......there, glad I got that off my chest".
TUST member 203
DWB
First Regular
First Regular

Post by DWB »

“Gary was well chuffed in his interview.”

Noticed how he mentioned how disappointed he was that Kyle Cameron and Aaron Nemane joined Notts County after Torquay brought them on as players and they join a team at the same level as us, here here Gary.
notnow
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by notnow »

DWB wrote: 28 Aug 2021, 20:46 “Gary was well chuffed in his interview.”

Noticed how he mentioned how disappointed he was that Kyle Cameron and Aaron Nemane joined Notts County after Torquay brought them on as players and they join a team at the same level as us, here here Gary.
Yes, very interesting to hear GJ say that. It’s clearly been eating him up, he puts his heart and soul into bringing these players on and that’s the respect they give back, I hope they get it big time from the fans when the come here.
Whydoibother
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Whydoibother »

what They a day that was yesterday with fantastic vocal backing. it looked like Omar took the ball and would love to see it again. The crowd and players were hardly shouting for a red. Then everyone goes ballistic when wright scores. They are obviously going to come at us but we defended superbly. Cameron got some serious stick and looked bang average. Nemane wpace yet. as a threat but he isnt at full pace yet. Another debutant in Johnson and was impressed with MArtin when he came on he was excelelnt .
DB57
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jimmy Dunne

Post by DB57 »

What exactly has Cameron done wrong?
We offered him a contract, he got a better offer and took it. It happens all the time in football and all walks of life.
Fact is he’s no better than NL standard so if he can enhance his and his families standard of living with a sideways move then good luck to him.
If GJ wanted him to stay that much he should have offered a better deal.
Time for everyone to move on and focus on the here and now.