Tickets for games

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
yellowmonkey
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Watches from: Pop side

Tickets for games

Post by yellowmonkey »

Hi all,

Just purchased my tickets for the Altringham game and found that my usual browser Mozilla Firefox has issues with the system. Tried again with Microsoft Edge and everything went through all ok. So for the few that have issues please try another browser and this may sort things out.

C'Mon you Yellows :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:
North Curry House
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by North Curry House »

Of course, if you purchase a season ticket, you would not only help the Club with cashflow but would save £s and not have the hassle of purchasing tickets every match.
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Jackie Gallagher

Post by Teigngull »

And if you can't attend every home match then buying a season ticket is entirely pointless
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

North Curry House wrote: 15 Aug 2021, 09:08 Of course, if you purchase a season ticket, you would not only help the Club with cashflow but would save £s and not have the hassle of purchasing tickets every match.
yes, I live 3000 miles away, so of course I should think about buying a season ticket.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
smw1989
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Jo Kuffour
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by smw1989 »

What an arrogant and stupid comment,

Maybe not everybody can afford £300 odd in one down payment in one go. Maybe some people have lost there jobs during the course of the pandemic and still have family to look after. Maybe people don’t live in Torquay but still come and see them as and when they can but still doesn’t warrant buying a season ticket.
divingbboy
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by divingbboy »

Has anyone had issues getting their season ticket out of the club? I find myself in the bizarre position of having paid for my season ticket weeks ago, and yet I've been unable to get it from the club. On Thursday, I went to Plainmoor in the morning to collect it (because I didn't want to queue with everyone leaving it to the last minute to collect theirs) and got told that my season ticket wasn't there and seemingly hadn't been printed. This was odd, because they weren't waiting for a photograph from me. Then I was told (along with a couple of other guys that were there for the same reason) that they couldn't print season tickets out as we waited. Plainly it wasn't the fault of the staff in the club shop who were having to deal with this, but it still didn’t explain why the ticket hadn’t been printed out days beforehand. They took my name and number, apologised profusely and assured me that I would be called as soon as my season ticket was ready.

Has anyone else had issues actually getting their ticket? As of now (7.30pm on Friday evening), no one's called me and I’ve received no further word about my season ticket. It seems a bit shambolic. To be fair, I've never had a problem for previous seasons.
TUST member 203
UnitedinDevon
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by UnitedinDevon »

Went and picked mine up this morning, they had lost the photo I'd sent in but took one and printed it there and then
DWB
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Alex Russell

Post by DWB »

divingbboy wrote: 20 Aug 2021, 19:49 Has anyone had issues getting their season ticket out of the club? I find myself in the bizarre position of having paid for my season ticket weeks ago, and yet I've been unable to get it from the club. On Thursday, I went to Plainmoor in the morning to collect it (because I didn't want to queue with everyone leaving it to the last minute to collect theirs) and got told that my season ticket wasn't there and seemingly hadn't been printed. This was odd, because they weren't waiting for a photograph from me. Then I was told (along with a couple of other guys that were there for the same reason) that they couldn't print season tickets out as we waited. Plainly it wasn't the fault of the staff in the club shop who were having to deal with this, but it still didn’t explain why the ticket hadn’t been printed out days beforehand. They took my name and number, apologised profusely and assured me that I would be called as soon as my season ticket was ready.

Has anyone else had issues actually getting their ticket? As of now (7.30pm on Friday evening), no one's called me and I’ve received no further word about my season ticket. It seems a bit shambolic. To be fair, I've never had a problem for previous seasons.
Yes I have had exactly the same issues. I asked for mine to be delivered (as I live in Exeter) but nothing came so I phoned the club saying I would collect it on Thursday. Called in on Thursday was told it wasn’t there and they would get one done and let me know. Also haven’t heard anything more from the club. I was given a ‘ticket’ for tomorrow’s game so that has got me over the immediate problem!!.
divingbboy
Skipper
Skipper

Post by divingbboy »

DWB wrote: 20 Aug 2021, 21:00 Yes I have had exactly the same issues. I asked for mine to be delivered (as I live in Exeter) but nothing came so I phoned the club saying I would collect it on Thursday. Called in on Thursday was told it wasn’t there and they would get one done and let me know. Also haven’t heard anything more from the club. I was given a ‘ticket’ for tomorrow’s game so that has got me over the immediate problem!!.
Thanks for this. It's slightly comforting to know I'm not alone. What a weird situation. The most annoying thing is that they know how many season tickets they've sold, and they also know how many tickets they've printed. How hard is it to contact the season ticket holders whose tickets haven't been printed and tell them not to travel to Plainmoor, or at least explain what's going on? I can only assume, since no one's been in contact since yesterday, that there is still no season ticket for me. It's pretty shoddy, to be honest, especially given the cost and the length of time the club's had payment from eveyone.
TUST member 203
North Curry House
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by North Curry House »

divingbboy wrote: 20 Aug 2021, 21:18 Thanks for this. It's slightly comforting to know I'm not alone. What a weird situation. The most annoying thing is that they know how many season tickets they've sold, and they also know how many tickets they've printed. How hard is it to contact the season ticket holders whose tickets haven't been printed and tell them not to travel to Plainmoor, or at least explain what's going on? I can only assume, since no one's been in contact since yesterday, that there is still no season ticket for me. It's pretty shoddy, to be honest, especially given the cost and the length of time the club's had payment from eveyone.
I paid for my season ticket weeks ago and was told they would let me know when it was ready to collect. I got an email a fortnight ago and called in to pick it up last Friday. When I arrived, there were two queues - one was for people waiting to sort out "issues".
They had lost my photo but lady took another on her phone, saying call in later that day. I could not make it that day but thought I would try again on Monday, however they did not open again until Wednesday - why not?

On Tuesday, I phoned the Club, got through eventually to be told they were waiting for Royal Mail to deliver the cards. Obviously the left hand did not know what the right hand was doing.

I phoned again on Wednesday, to be told cards still not arrived but come up on Thursday and it WILL be there.

I went up again ...and was told the printer was broken - what a total shambles.

I finally took receipt of my season ticket yesterday, someone behind me said "check the date on it, mine says season 1920/21, and am waiting for them to reprint it"

Speaking to friends, one had someone elses photo on his ST, another who had collect his,then got a phone call the next day to say your ticket is ready for collection.

It beggars belief that tickets were not ready, surely it is common sense to have the tools for the job....ie cards and printing in place, ready.

I just Gary has the team better prepared than the admin, Club management and PR. I can see plenty of aggro with lots of people upset tomorrow.
divingbboy
Skipper
Skipper

Post by divingbboy »

North Curry House wrote: 21 Aug 2021, 00:50 I paid for my season ticket weeks ago and was told they would let me know when it was ready to collect. I got an email a fortnight ago and called in to pick it up last Friday. When I arrived, there were two queues - one was for people waiting to sort out "issues".
They had lost my photo but lady took another on her phone, saying call in later that day. I could not make it that day but thought I would try again on Monday, however they did not open again until Wednesday - why not?

On Tuesday, I phoned the Club, got through eventually to be told they were waiting for Royal Mail to deliver the cards. Obviously the left hand did not know what the right hand was doing.

I phoned again on Wednesday, to be told cards still not arrived but come up on Thursday and it WILL be there.

I went up again ...and was told the printer was broken - what a total shambles.

I finally took receipt of my season ticket yesterday, someone behind me said "check the date on it, mine says season 1920/21, and am waiting for them to reprint it"

Speaking to friends, one had someone elses photo on his ST, another who had collect his,then got a phone call the next day to say your ticket is ready for collection.

It beggars belief that tickets were not ready, surely it is common sense to have the tools for the job....ie cards and printing in place, ready.

I just Gary has the team better prepared than the admin, Club management and PR. I can see plenty of aggro with lots of people upset tomorrow.
That is bloody shocking. A consistent theme seems to be that they've lost people's photos, and it also explains why they took my photo again "just in case", when I went to collect it on Thursday. The more I think about it, the more pissed off I am, really: they've had the money for WEEKS. They know how many season tickets they've sold, and they also know how many they've printed off (albeit, some with the wrong dates and/or photo). How about contacting the holders of the tickets you can't print off for various reasons and letting them know what's going on? I don't blame the people in the club shop (who've been lumbered with dealing with complaints), but it beggars belief.

Not only have they not provided me with a season ticket paid for weeks ago, but even if they do by some miracle produce it today, they're going to make me join the scrum with all the people who left it to the last minute to collect theirs, which is precisely what I was trying to avoid by driving to Torquay on Thursday to collect it. What a shambles.
TUST member 203
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by standupsitdown »

I picked up my season ticket on Wednesday morning. It took about two minutes. No problems.
DerekDawkinsJnr
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by DerekDawkinsJnr »

standupsitdown wrote: 21 Aug 2021, 10:03 I picked up my season ticket on Wednesday morning. It took about two minutes. No problems.
yep - i received mine in the mail about 2 weeks ago. all good.
cockneycockers
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by cockneycockers »

On an aside; I am going to the Notts game and thought I would rock up on the day but then decided on Thursday to pre-buy my two tickets. It said there were only four remaining in the one block available! Can't believe we've sold out the away allocation. Don't want to start a mild panic but might be worth checking.