Torquay United v Truro City 19.45 PSF Tues 27 July.

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Torquay United v Truro City 19.45 PSF Tues 27 July.

Post by portugull »

Our second PSF kicked off at 19.45.

Any news on starting eleven tonight?
divingbboy
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by divingbboy »

Anyone know who the trialist is? He’s bloody good. Very composed, switched on and seems to be very involved and in the right places when he needs to be. Can’t tell if he’s one of the guys from the Poole match.
TUST member 203
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell

Post by portugull »

United lead 1-0 at HT with 6th minute Wright header.
Eirik
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Eifion Williams
Watches from: The sofa

Post by Eirik »

2-0 now after a goal from Louie Slough. But after Lapslie went of in the first half, Torquay really have struggled with controlling the game. Truro have been able to create way to many chances.
-Eirik-
Proud member of Torquay United Supporters Norway
https://www.facebook.com/groups/norwaygulls

TUST MEMBER - https://www.tust.co.uk/
TUFC92
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by TUFC92 »

Just back from the game, took my 6yr old daughter for her first ever live game and she loved it!

Thought we played well, bit sloppy at times but with quite a few new faces it’s to be expected.

Stand outs for me were Marcin in goal, Ali Omar who is definitely no nonsense, talking and motivating the rest of the team. Thought Dan Martin was good when he moved to full back and Slough didn’t look at all out of place when he came on for the second half.

Think it was quite clear Olaf isn’t a right winger, he’s definitely bulked up and looks physically ready, think it would be great for him to get a chance up front to show if he’s capable. Also disappointing for Lapslie to go off injured, hope it’s not too serious as I think he will be vital this season.

Any news on Hall? Conor and Jake back tonight but no Asa.
divingbboy
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by divingbboy »

TUFC92 wrote: 27 Jul 2021, 22:17 Any news on Hall? Conor and Jake back tonight but no Asa.
Asa was sitting in Bristow's Bench tonight.
TUST member 203
culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by culmstockgull »

Not too sure we can take too much from last nights outing, I agree Martin and Lapslie look the real deal, back four were shaky at times trying to do each others job and that needs sorting out becuase if we are shaky against a southern league outfit, albeit a good one we will certainly get found out by national league teams. We definetlely need an experienced head back there,on a positive with Omar I have no worries of us being bullied. Forward line was OK but only Wright knew how to find space, still not sure about Koszela, agreed he is not a winger he doesnt have the pace but there again he isnt an inside forward, he does not know how to play off people, the left back trailist looked useful and disciplined and knew his job and when to break forward down the right, Looking forward to saturday when we can get a realistic idea of where we stand.
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

Gary didn't seem happy in tbe interview.
He wants us on our full attacking game with 100% energy and commitment even in pre season friendlies . There is always the danger of a play off defeat hangover especially after the season we had, he is hell bent on making sure that doesn't happen I'm sure, and that we're at it from day one.
Road2League2
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: The Lemon

Post by Road2League2 »

Let's not forget that it's the very point of pre-season football to get the team used to playing, iron out any issues and gear up for the season ahead! There's no one at the club who isn't still feeling the effects of the loss in Bristol, but I have faith in a very experienced GJ to mould the boys in to a solid side. SL
ROAD TO LEAGUE 2 :keepie:
Louis
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Louis »

Highlights

⚽️ Prediction League 23/24 - TUFC merch prizes for grabs
⚽️ Press Room - all latest TUFC News
⚽️ @Torquay_Fans - follow us on X for all the latest