Funniest Chant

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
QAGull
New Signing
New Signing

Funniest Chant

Post by QAGull »

Give the funniest chant you heard at a match.

My favourite from the Burton game is:

"You're just a bus stop in Derby!" :rofl:
westbaygull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by westbaygull »

best one was the steve evans forklift one, then the bayo mcdonalds one. The best thought out one that sadly i never heard being sung was our rjc's mike poke is ace one. Brilliant.
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Poke is ace, Jane? I don't remember that one...?

As you say though, the Evans forklift one makes me laugh everytime.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

As funny as it was being shouted at that fat **** Evans (here's hoping swear filter is working properly), it was probably just as funny aimed at poor Stevie Breed upon his materialisation on the 'press' gantry at Burton Albion.

Or, as mentioned, the Mcdonalds chant at San Sixfields last season.

As a rider to the original question, what's the funniest thing people have heard shouted from the crowd? Mine must be my buddy Mike, responding after Bartlett was chirping off about having his bell confiscated
"Shut up Bartlett, they should have thrown you out and left the bell here with us!"
Absolute genius.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
EmetEdadsBeard
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Andy Gurney

Post by EmetEdadsBeard »

Tried to get ' Darren Moore has followed through, followed through, followed through, Darren Moore has followed through, he's shat himself' going but only a couple around us joined in ( he does run as though he's followed through though, or as ZippyGulls lad Alex 'The Zoid' said "he's touching cloth!)
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
'Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level then beat you with their experience!
RussianGull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by RussianGull »

Small town in Scotland (Carlisle at home) was pretty funny
Awayday
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by Awayday »

The bus stop one we do at a few games now, it started ages ago. My funniest one is the "is this a fire drill" as the other fans walk out on mass.
robc
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane

Post by robc »

I particularly like 'Ooh aah, it's a mass-a-kar' (spelling mistake intended!) Pretty much cos it means whenever we're singing it, we thrashing someone! And it sounds funny sung by a load of Devonians... Was very funny at Bradford, especially cos about 5000 (no exaggeration) of their fans were leaving as we were singing it!
QAGull
New Signing
New Signing

Post by QAGull »

Cheers Awayday, I'm an exile who has only been able to go to away games this season after a period overseas so i'm catching up on the chants. A very old one (well over 20 years old) that is still one of my favourites is "Have you ever seen a beach?"
Awayday
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by Awayday »

QAGull wrote:Cheers Awayday, I'm an exile who has only been able to go to away games this season after a period overseas so i'm catching up on the chants. A very old one (well over 20 years old) that is still one of my favourites is "Have you ever seen a beach?"
It wasn't a dig, sorry if that is how it sounded.

When we are at home a follow on from the "Have you seen a beech" I like the "You're only here for the seaside".
westbaygull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by westbaygull »

Oooh Matt, the swear filter didn't work when I read that on my phone. Nearly choked on my Tooty Fruities. It does on the poot though.

Nick - the Mike Poke is ace one was brilliant, but I can't remember all the words. Went to tune of Pokerface. Need rjc to remind me of the words please :bow:
JackyB gull
New Signing
New Signing
Favourite player: Jean-yves Koue Niate

Post by JackyB gull »

Well my favourite is Aston Villa's chant that goes on about Tuanzebe.I like it
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

Blimey! This thread has come back from the dead - a Lazarus thread. I agree with Mr westbay about the Steve Evans chant - but what does' ten men went to mow a city' mean?
gillygull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by gillygull »

Not original at all but timing and context are everything. First League 2 game away to Yeovil FC when they were promoted. About 10 minutes in a Yeovil player fouled Joe Kuffour and up went the chant of 'You dirty northern bastards'! Absolute genius comic timing!
Lloyder5
Skipper
Skipper

Post by Lloyder5 »

wivelgull wrote: 05 Jun 2019, 09:46 Blimey! This thread has come back from the dead - a Lazarus thread. I agree with Mr westbay about the Steve Evans chant - but what does' ten men went to mow a city' mean?
Perhaps someone's come out from under a bridge? ;-)
TUST number 080