Whitfield Signs for Stockport County

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Whitfield Signs for Stockport County

Post by portugull »

Whits gone back North. No real surprise.
Harry67
New Signing
New Signing

Post by Harry67 »

No big loss,he will be replaced with better
Uptongull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by Uptongull »

Personally not that bothered. Pretty sure his bird is from Manchester so no doubt that influenced the move too. Teams worked him out after a while. Bit lightweight and dare I say a little bit selfish on occasion. Would much rather someone with more physical presence. Let's get someone like Oloafe on loan.
smw1989
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Jo Kuffour
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by smw1989 »

Agreed, too lightweight and injury prone..
exilegull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by exilegull »

Shame, he really was one of the key players in the superb first part of the season. Always offered really good width and tied up two opposition players in most matches.

Think this will be a bigger miss than a couple of the comments here suggest especially with him going to a key rival.
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

exilegull wrote: 06 Jul 2021, 21:15 Shame, he really was one of the key players in the superb first part of the season. Always offered really good width and tied up two opposition players in most matches.

Think this will be a bigger miss than a couple of the comments here suggest especially with him going to a key rival.
I maintain that the reason he was so effective was because of Nemane being on the other side. once Nemane got injured, Whitfield wasn't anywhere near as productive.

Still a decent player, but I find interesting that our direct rivals are getting players with decent NL form rather tan from a division above (and presumably paying very good money too)
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
MattTUFC
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by MattTUFC »

I am gutted 😢 One of our star players gone , I think we only have 12 players left . I don’t know how much our owners would have to spend this window but we have to go all out . Also is it just me or do you guys think we wouldn’t go up next season and we may struggle with how many players hopefully we sign and to let them get used to the team and league.

I wish we had given him a new contract.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

MattTUFC wrote: 06 Jul 2021, 23:06 I am gutted 😢 One of our star players gone , I think we only have 12 players left . I don’t know how much our owners would have to spend this window but we have to go all out . Also is it just me or do you guys think we wouldn’t go up next season and we may struggle with how many players hopefully we sign and to let them get used to the team and league.

I wish we had given him a new contract.
He was offered a contract.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

UnitedinDevon
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by UnitedinDevon »

no surprise - people losing their minds on social media about this

Meh - move on
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

Probably very likely Nemane will go too as he's obviously looking for a new club
They did well for us first half of the season but Gary will replace and adapt. We went 15 games undefeated at the end without them after all . Think Adam Randell is the biggest loss, we will do well to get a loanee of his calibre this season.
Kingsgull83
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by Kingsgull83 »

It is crazy how people are losing it on social media over these players leaving. It is a shame but let’s be real non of these young lads are local and they are being offered more money to play closer to home. Why wouldn’t they take it?
They don’t owe us anything and aren’t under contract so if they got injured I doubt we would continue to pay them.
What is a shame is we lose all of this talent for no money.
At the moment Covolan is the only player we had under contract that’s left who played in the final.
Wolborough
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Wolborough »

Cameron?
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

So Cameron and Whitfield to play in Conference North the season after next. Thought they had higher aspirations.
culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by culmstockgull »

We know the geographical issues that preclude us signing the best available players plus the additional drawback that we do not pay top dollar.
Having said that our greatest selling point for any potential recruit is the manager. He has a proven track record of taking players and turning them into far better footballers, and yes they leave for more lucrative pastures but that should be a compliment to us as a club.
I am sure his reputation will not only get the right signings but additionally furnish us with several season long loan players from the championship or league one because Plymouth and Bournemouth must be over the moon with what we returned to them.
exilegull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by exilegull »

desperado wrote: 07 Jul 2021, 07:42 Probably very likely Nemane will go too as he's obviously looking for a new club
They did well for us first half of the season but Gary will replace and adapt. We went 15 games undefeated at the end without them after all . Think Adam Randell is the biggest loss, we will do well to get a loanee of his calibre this season.
Totally agree, Randell was superb, one of the best loan signings the club has ever made. I think Plymouth have a real talent there.