Transfer talk.

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
DWB
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Alex Russell

Post by DWB »

culmstockgull wrote: 23 Jun 2021, 15:41 Waters,Umerah, Nelson, Buse,Warren plus two first year pros released

Plus Liam Davis, I guess injuries have caught up with him
culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by culmstockgull »

Nothing for Covolan like the majority of the squad he was out of contract
Uptongull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by Uptongull »

Quite surprised Little wasn't released. Wonder if he is one of the players mulling over a new deal. Bet it was only a one-year deal given the injury history.
exilegull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by exilegull »

culmstockgull wrote: 23 Jun 2021, 15:41 Waters,Umerah, Nelson, Buse,Warren plus two first year pros released
Shame about Buse - not that I think its the wrong decision, but last season he had decent spell in the team and looked to be developing well. Unfortunately he never reestablished himself after picking up and never really got into it this season.
Louis
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Louis »

⚽️ Prediction League 23/24 - TUFC merch prizes for grabs
⚽️ Press Room - all latest TUFC News
⚽️ @Torquay_Fans - follow us on X for all the latest

MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

According to the Swindon Advertiser "Ben Whitfield says he has not turned down Torquay United contract after being linked to Swindon Town"
https://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/spo ... ndon-town/
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

MellowYellow wrote: 24 Jun 2021, 09:55 According to the Swindon Advertiser "Ben Whitfield says he has not turned down Torquay United contract after being linked to Swindon Town"
https://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/spo ... ndon-town/
That was posted on page 2...... :}
Do keep up...... :whip: :rofl:
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by culmstockgull »

Just seen a tweet from Danny Wright which if I read it properly hints that he will be here next season, if that is correct I am more than happy, he is undoubtedly the best all round striker we have had for many a year.
bojllitse
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by bojllitse »

culmstockgull wrote: 24 Jun 2021, 19:43 Just seen a tweet from Danny Wright which if I read it properly hints that he will be here next season, if that is correct I am more than happy, he is undoubtedly the best all round striker we have had for many a year.
Same for Ben Wynter. With CLE and Lewis reported to be contracted for next season and Nemane also likely to stick around due to being u24 plus the likes of Hall and Moxey who are almost certain to be here next yr (provided they don't retire), I think we will have a squad more than capable of going one better next season.
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

bojllitse wrote: 24 Jun 2021, 20:30 Same for Ben Wynter. With CLE and Lewis reported to be contracted for next season and Nemane also likely to stick around due to being u24 plus the likes of Hall and Moxey who are almost certain to be here next yr (provided they don't retire), I think we will have a squad more than capable of going one better next season.
We'll need some very good additions.

Even if we have all of; Lewis, CLE, Wynter, Moxey, Cameron, Wright, Hall, Whitfield, Nemane and Little (which is doubtful, but you never know, I suppose), we'll still need a first choice goalkeeper, at least one more central defender, cover in full back positions, 2 more midfielders, and 2 strikers (one good one and one 'for the future').

Presumably a few of those could/should be loan signings, but we're definitely not seeing Randell back, and I doubt Sherring would be loaned any lower that League 2. Other teams in the division have had more time to start setting up their squad - we've already seen the likes of Wrexham, Chesterfield, Notts etc add to their squad; could mean an awkward start for us as we try to bring people in all the until the kick off.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
bojllitse
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by bojllitse »

happytorq wrote: 24 Jun 2021, 21:18 We'll need some very good additions.

Even if we have all of; Lewis, CLE, Wynter, Moxey, Cameron, Wright, Hall, Whitfield, Nemane and Little (which is doubtful, but you never know, I suppose), we'll still need a first choice goalkeeper, at least one more central defender, cover in full back positions, 2 more midfielders, and 2 strikers (one good one and one 'for the future').

Presumably a few of those could/should be loan signings, but we're definitely not seeing Randell back, and I doubt Sherring would be loaned any lower that League 2. Other teams in the division have had more time to start setting up their squad - we've already seen the likes of Wrexham, Chesterfield, Notts etc add to their squad; could mean an awkward start for us as we try to bring people in all the until the kick off.
Tbh I can't see Whitfield staying on and we certainly need to sign a couple of wingers and a striker as Wright can't do it all at 36 (Reidy back please!!)

I'm sure GJ had planned for both eventualities before the Final so will quickly be able to put his plan into action and I guess a lot rests on his 'exciting' new additions. He was very successful last Summer so I'm sure he can do it again... but maybe I'm being overly optimistic!!
Modgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Modgull »

The problem for us (and, ironically Hartlepool) is that we are starting our recruitment well after all the other teams in the football pyramid. It is likely that the manager had already put feelers out before the final but it seems self-evident that the best players will already have sorted themselves out.
Phil

Another marathon beckons!
DerekDawkinsJnr
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Rodney Jack
Watches from: Pop side

Post by DerekDawkinsJnr »

Kyle Cameron going I see. He's been a rock for us.
bojllitse
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by bojllitse »

DerekDawkinsJnr wrote: 25 Jun 2021, 09:15 Kyle Cameron going I see. He's been a rock for us.
:'( Great servant to the the club - good luck to him
SWgull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Post by SWgull »

:whip:
DerekDawkinsJnr wrote: 25 Jun 2021, 09:15 Kyle Cameron going I see. He's been a rock for us.
Replaceable.