Laterel flow tests

General chat about anything else goes here.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Laterel flow tests

Post by Dave »

Sorry for separate thread but want to highlight this for ALL SUPPORTERS.

I phoned Bristol City football for clarification, was told by their club official that a negative lateral flow test result will be required to enter the ground, so if your please ensure you do one otherwise you could be denied entry.
Formerly known as forevertufc
pnutgull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Dave Caldwell

Post by pnutgull »

So in addition to being socially distanced, wearing masks etc etc they want us to jump through more hoops.... and don't make it clear that this is the case. The covid policy says "strongly recommended" that a lateral flow test is taken... not you MUST have one. No issue for me as i take them regularly BUT..... as Forever has said... if you don't know what is required there are going to be interesting "conversations " at the gates. I will be following this up now with Bristol City and also let Torquay know what they are saying . Club officials do not always get things right first time !!
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by standupsitdown »

Proof of double vaccine is considered an acceptable alternative to a lateral flow test at many venues. I wonder if it will be at Ashton Gate.
This is an outdoor event. The risk of transmission is very low.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Just to point out, this is not me expressing an opinion on pcr or lateral flow tests. Nor am I saying they would deny you entry, just advising on what BCFC told me this morning that, you avoid putting yourself in a position where they could deny you entry by doing a test before you travel.
pnutgull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Dave Caldwell

Post by pnutgull »

Amazing isn't it ! . I telephoned the Bristol supporters services helpline and explained what had been said and what is being published on the clubs website. They were surprised.. to say the least. They advised that doing a lateral flow test for entry IS NOT MANDATORY and nobody should have been told that entry without one would be refused. It is purely a recommendation and by doing this are doing what they can to reduce risk. She was going to pass it up the line to ensure a consistent message is issued by all.
I am going to forward details of both conversations to TUFC just so they know. So Forevertufc.... this leaves you shaking your head and confused.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Yes it does leave me confused. Thank you also for contacting them, to be fair thier policy is confusing, thier advice is confusing. But all said and done was only trying to help.
Modgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Modgull »

Agree the advice is inconsistent rather than confusing - I suggest everyone does the tests and then there can be no problem, unless it is positive (in which case you should not be attending anyway). It's not difficult and does not take long.
Phil

Another marathon beckons!
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

So much could be said.. .... ..
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
westbaygull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by westbaygull »

Southampton Gull wrote: 15 Jun 2021, 15:10 So much could be said.. .... ..
Indeed... :nod:
Brewers boy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jamie Reid
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Brewers boy »

As said before, the lateral flow test is free from the chemist, easy, if slightly unpleasant to do and gives a result in 30 mins. Why wouldn't you do it? The sooner we can eradicate this dreadful plague, the sooner we can get back to normal.
westbaygull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by westbaygull »

I don't like what they sterilise them with, thanks
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Brewers boy wrote: 15 Jun 2021, 17:55 As said before, the lateral flow test is free from the chemist, easy, if slightly unpleasant to do and gives a result in 30 mins. Why wouldn't you do it? The sooner we can eradicate this dreadful plague, the sooner we can get back to normal.
If everybody stopped testing, it would be eradicated a lot quicker 😉😂

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Brewers boy wrote: 15 Jun 2021, 17:55 As said before, the lateral flow test is free from the chemist, easy, if slightly unpleasant to do and gives a result in 30 mins. Why wouldn't you do it? The sooner we can eradicate this dreadful plague, the sooner we can get back to normal.
As a point of order, it's a virus not a plague.
So it won't be eradicated.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

2 weeks to flatten the curve...................
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by standupsitdown »

Still no clarification.
My interpretation of ashton Gate’s Covid policy is that they recommend a Covid test as these might need to be shown if regulations change. The message seems to be to be prepared in case regulations change.
If a negative test was actually an entry requirement I’m sure Torquay and Hartlepool would have been stressing this.