Tracing a friendly game in the early 90’s!

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
NogginTheNog
Trialist
Trialist

Tracing a friendly game in the early 90’s!

Post by NogginTheNog »

Can anyone please help me solve this problem? Myself and my family were on holiday in Torquay in the early 90’s and came to Plainmoor to watch a game in August. Torquay’s opposition that day included a player named Liam Robinson. I called him over in the pre match kickabout for a chat and he duly obliged. I told him I was a Burnley fan, as he was at Turf Moir for a few seasons. The game might have been against Burnley, but I have no records of the game or no match programme to refer to. He may have been on loan with another club.
Is there any way I can find out the details of this game, that particular day ?
Any help would really be appreciated. Thanks
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: david graham

Post by chunkygull »

Looks likely he was playing for Burnley as he went Scarborough after that. We didn't have friendlies with Scarborough around that time. Just hammered them in playoffs.
You are my torquay, my only torquay, you make me happy when skies are grey, you'll never know, just, how much i love you, so don't take my torquay away.
(laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la, - laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la. - la,la,la,la,la, - la,la,la,la....).
Chelston TUFC
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by Chelston TUFC »

Torquay played Scarborough in a league match in Aug 1997. Poss this match?
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

Chelston is most probably correct. We didn't play any friendlies against Burnley during Robinson's time at the club and he did move to Scarborough in 1997.
NogginTheNog
Trialist
Trialist

Post by NogginTheNog »

I don’t think it was 1997. I can’t see our son coming on holiday with us at 17 years of age. !!! I thought it would be earlier, somehow. Does the club have a statician who keeps a record of every game the club has played ? Something tells me it was a pre season friendly , but I may be wrong.
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

Wiki says he didn't leave Burnley until 1997
so got be after that hasn't it ?