Playoff Final Vs Hartlepool at Ashton Gate

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Pooliephil
New Signing
New Signing

Post by Pooliephil »

Hi everyone,

Hartlepool fan here. I would just like to say that whatever happened yesterday the game was an absolutely fantastic advert for the national league. I do feel for you guys as its the best way to win and worst way to lose. I do think you will do well next season though.

Having watched the game again, here is my opinion on the big points.

Your first disallowed goal for me was a foul and here's why. Your player is already goal side of the defender and a yard behind him. He actively stepped back towards the defender, put his hands on him to hold him back and gain an advantage. Whats wrong with standing your ground, making a run and scoring? He did it to gain an advantage, its a foul.

The second disallowed goal, I think that's the keepers fault and we got lucky with that. However, apply the same to the goal we have disallowed and we both could have had an extra goal. Our disallowed goal was on par with that one so they cancel each other out imo.

You also should have had Lewis sent off, he was already on a yellow and slammed the ball on the floor in frustration. Had he not already had a card the ref would not have thought twice about booking him.

We all have a bias towards our own team and can see how you feel disappointed but its less clear cut than some of you think.
Pooliephil
New Signing
New Signing

Post by Pooliephil »

UnitedinDevon wrote: 22 Jun 2021, 16:31 if you honestly think thats a foul a game of football would last half a day with all the added time time for the stoppages in play
Ansolute rubbish, fouls are given outside the penalty area constantly that would be waved away inside the box when appealing for a penalty and vice versa
UnitedinDevon
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by UnitedinDevon »

it's not a foul.
Pooliephil
New Signing
New Signing

Post by Pooliephil »

UnitedinDevon wrote: 22 Jun 2021, 17:08 it's not a foul.
Then why put your hands on him and push?
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

For Gods sake that's not a push ! Yes his hands touched his back but no corner or free kick would ever make it into the box if a free kick was given for every jostle, little push, holding, arm wrestling incident . Would be a free kick every time. The key here is not one Hartlepool player protested not even the one who was supposedly 'pushed' As Adam Virgo said ' you can't go giving free kicks for that ! '
On another point thought it was Wynter who crossed for the goal. And I reckon Lewis was MoM.
Donuts76
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Loram

Post by Donuts76 »

I feared for Lewis at the point of throwing the ball away and concluded that the ref had been advised by that point that he had made the wrong call earlier for the second disallowed goal.
Baxter1908
Trialist
Trialist

Post by Baxter1908 »

Hartlepool fan here... I come in peace.

Just wanted to say a couple of things...

Firstly, that was a great game, a great spectacle. I'm sure you feel cheated but if you'd won on penalties we'd have been unhappy with not getting a pen or your player not going for dissent. There are tiny margins in a game like that and the coin landed for us.

I'm sorry if our fans were goading.. no excuse for that. There's no ill feeling towards your club and they should have applauded you, shown a bit of class.

Good luck for next year. Hope to play you again soon.
Poolie87
New Signing
New Signing

Post by Poolie87 »

Nightrider wrote: 21 Jun 2021, 19:59 From Yorkshire just up the road from hartlepool.
Need to check your geography i think. Yorkshire is south of Hartlepool.
Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Dutchgull »

Closer to you than us !!!!
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

You want a red card for someone chucking the ball on the floor yet didn't mention the foot up challenge on Moxey which was a straight red - you explanation for the first goal being disallowed is completely ludicrous.

As has been said witness the lack of appeals for either decision.
Poolie87
New Signing
New Signing

Post by Poolie87 »

Dutchgull wrote: 23 Jun 2021, 13:43 Closer to you than us !!!!
Just like Ashton Gate? Oh wait!
Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Dutchgull »

The referee has a bigger influence over the game than the venue DURR
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

It's all immaterial now. Best of luck to Hartlepool, I'm glad to see another club regain their League status.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Poolie87
New Signing
New Signing

Post by Poolie87 »

Southampton Gull wrote: 23 Jun 2021, 18:35 It's all immaterial now. Best of luck to Hartlepool, I'm glad to see another club regain their League status.
Thank you!
Hopefully you will join us next season.
Keep hold of the manager and the spine if your squad, and i am sure you will