Torquay vs Notts County (Play Offs) 12/06/2021 Midday KO

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Louis
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Torquay vs Notts County (Play Offs) 12/06/2021 Midday KO

Post by Louis »

COYY!!! :scarf: :scarf:
⚽️ Prediction League 23/24 - TUFC merch prizes for grabs
⚽️ Press Room - all latest TUFC News
⚽️ @Torquay_Fans - follow us on X for all the latest

desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

The crowds seem to have helped the home teams so far, we have to do the same, no masks would help ! very few in evidence at Hartlepool or Middlesbrough yesterday and even fewer in Nottingham. Is this up to the local Safety Advisory Group ? No doubt if anyone at Plainmoor is not wearing one they will asked to leave !
I think our key attacking players that can make a difference really need to come up with a performance, like Oates did for Hartlepool.
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by gullintwoplaces »

desperado wrote: 07 Jun 2021, 10:23 The crowds seem to have helped the home teams so far, we have to do the same, no masks would help ! very few in evidence at Hartlepool or Middlesbrough yesterday and even fewer in Nottingham. Is this up to the local Safety Advisory Group ? No doubt if anyone at Plainmoor is not wearing one they will asked to leave !
I think our key attacking players that can make a difference really need to come up with a performance, like Oates did for Hartlepool.
I don’t want to be controversial, but the local SAG don’t care about the Gulls, not one iota. Petty bureaucrats.
davethegull2
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Dave Caldwell

Post by davethegull2 »

It's not controversial at all. These pen pushing no marks have never been on our side. You only have to look at the farce of the Yellow Lines on the Popside. The last time I set foot in Plainmoor, 2012, it was an unpleasant, over stewarded regulation fest. The football was spoiled by a tw@t in hi-viz. Until we can expel these vipers from Plainmoor we are cursed with their stupid rules.
Jpr
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Mark loram

Post by Jpr »

:clap: :clap: I Have just read Gary Johnson’s plead to are home supporters to be the 11th man on Saturday. I just hope the players show that they are fired up for it, show to the supporters that this means a lot to them, that Blood and sweat and that hard Challenge will be given all through the game, some fight, some waving of arms and fist pumps to the crowd to keep us going and them as players, some passion in there faces and body language and not just the plastic expressions we have had in critical games in the past from them, and with no connection to us supporters from them in games only a very unemotional clap and the end of the game that they didn’t show up to. This is the time to drop this is a young team, this is a time for them to remember that they are living every young boys dreams and remember the road that they have taken to get to this. And show us that this means the passion to them as Gary wants from us.

So come on you yellows :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: it’s time to give everything and have no regrets at the end.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Jpr wrote: 08 Jun 2021, 08:40 :clap: :clap: I Have just read Gary Johnson’s plead to are home supporters to be the 11th man on Saturday. I just hope the players show that they are fired up for it, show to the supporters that this means a lot to them, that Blood and sweat and that hard Challenge will be given all through the game, some fight, some waving of arms and fist pumps to the crowd to keep us going and them as players, some passion in there faces and body language and not just the plastic expressions we have had in critical games in the past from them, and with no connection to us supporters from them in games only a very unemotional clap and the end of the game that they didn’t show up to. This is the time to drop this is a young team, this is a time for them to remember that they are living every young boys dreams and remember the road that they have taken to get to this. And show us that this means the passion to them as Gary wants from us.

So come on you yellows :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: it’s time to give everything and have no regrets at the end.
Er, 12th.... :} :Oops:
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

Jpr
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Jpr »

We Need passion from are team like Jordan Lee gave.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Jpr wrote: 08 Jun 2021, 08:54 We Need passion from are team like Jordan Lee gave.
?
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

Jpr
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Jpr »

SuperNickyWroe wrote: 08 Jun 2021, 08:47 Er, 12th.... :} :Oops: if you read Torquay’s home page you will read Gary asking for us to be the 11th Man,
Jpr
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Jpr »

SuperNickyWroe wrote: 08 Jun 2021, 09:24 ?
if you where at the game? when he picked up his head injury and came back on the pitch with a bandage around his head you could see he was fighting for the club.
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

I see Kimpioka got 15 minutes tonight in 6-0 win for Sweden u21s. Should be nice and fresh for Saturday to come on and show us what he can do. We've been waiting a long time for a goal from him - what a time it would be to get it, he is well capable of an explosive 20-30 minutes , if he doesn't score at least he will shake up their defence if he is in the mood and if he isn't for this one he shouldn't be in the game. Having said all that if Wright and Whitfield make it he may not even be on the bench !
SouthHams
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by SouthHams »

Jpr wrote: 08 Jun 2021, 11:00
I wonder who Gary thinks the passenger is? :-/
UnitedinDevon
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by UnitedinDevon »

grockle
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Willie Brown

Post by grockle »

SouthHams wrote: 09 Jun 2021, 10:28 I wonder who Gary thinks the passenger is? :-/
Have we already had a player sent off, or is the injury list now so long that we only have 10 players available? :} :}
grockle
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Willie Brown

Post by grockle »

SouthHams wrote: 09 Jun 2021, 10:28

I wonder who Gary thinks the passenger is? :-/
Iggy Pop :}