Torquay United v Eastleigh Sat 1 May KO 3pm

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Torquay United v Eastleigh Sat 1 May KO 3pm

Post by portugull »

After their dramatic victory over Aldershot United play their 3rd consecutive Home Match in 8 days when they host Eastleigh at Plainmoor.

This will be a very close Match but a study of Eastleigh's recent results does give some grounds for optimism as they have lost away to Kings Lynn and Dagenham & Redbridge in the last 5 weeks.

They have a very good defensive record having conceded just 33 goals in 36 games and have lost just 6 of 17 away games.

United must be slight favourites because this team just never gives up despite playing the opposition and some very sub standard referees in recent games. I know it is easy to blame the ref but some of the mistakes by the officials recently have been jaw dropping.

1-0 to United. COYY
gullsgullsgulls
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Sills

Post by gullsgullsgulls »

Whilst we have to focus on our own result, we still need Sutton to drop points and it would be handy if Hartlepool and Stockport could slip up too.

All three also have tricky ties tomorrow with Aldershot (h), Halifax (a) and Chesterfield (h), respectively.
davethegull2
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Dave Caldwell

Post by davethegull2 »

The lads recent run has been remarkable. To win the league I think we have to get 15 points from the remaining 18. Can they do it with the players available? They are all good professionals and clearly up for it. But can they sustain the physical pressures on a battered and threadbare squad? If they can, it would be probably the best Seasonal performance from a Torquay United squad in our history.

I want to believe, I want them to do it. Today is the first of 6 massive games and as each 1 passes the next becomes even more important. Good luck lads, we will need a chunk of it along with guts, effort and sweat. GJ will squeeze every drop out of them, I hope it's enough.
Brewers boy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jamie Reid
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Brewers boy »

Is it worth tuning in to listen before the last couple of minutes? :)
culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by culmstockgull »

Even the most rose tainted of us would have to accept that we have rode our luck in the last few games, logic and probabilities suggest that there will be an occasion when Gary time does not materialise, so we need to convert the chances we do make a lot more clinically, I think we will win today and within 90 minutes, which in itself will be a unique experience.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Same could be said for Sutton recently.

We're Torquay so a defeat today wouldn't shock me especially as all the locals around here are dying to take me to task.

Asa Hall has been massive for us this season and these results lately are as much down to his drive and determination as anything else, Gary time, luck, bad refereeing etc etc. He's lifted the team so many times and keeping him fit is crucial to our ambitions.

It's going to be a tough game but we can beat any team in this division so fingers crossed I get bragging rights for a little while.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Dave_Pougher »

Looking forward to this one, not easy as our finishing is a little poor before 95mins. Avoiding errors like we Tues evening and with the greatest respect to Eastleigh there’s no reason why we can’t win.
DWB
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Alex Russell

Post by DWB »

Hoping for a decent win today and I think we will. However team selection could be interesting with a game coming quickly on Monday.Gary Johnson may take the 2 games together. Is Scott Bowden unable to play on Monday, is Jake Andrews banned today for 5 yellows? Who can last two ninety minutes in 3 days ( Dean Moxey, Asa Hall, Garry Warren), will Joe Lewis be fit!??
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

I don't think our results have anything to with luck whatsoever.

We have got a hell of a lot of players missing, been on the arse end of some diabolical refereeing in the last two games and still come away with four points.

We are never going to destroy teams in the way were doing earlier in the season, we've just got too many players missing. Even if we lose the next six games I'll still say its been a magnificent effort in the circumstances.
UnitedinDevon
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by UnitedinDevon »

Todays teams
UnitedinDevon
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by UnitedinDevon »

GET IN!

Water 1-0

What a goal!
Gloomy Gull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Gloomy Gull »

Get in !!!
exilegull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by exilegull »

Hopefully doesn't jinx it, but this is an outstanding performance so far, the play is so quick and crisp.
Nightrider
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Rodney jack

Post by Nightrider »

Won't be happy until we are two or three up.
UnitedinDevon
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by UnitedinDevon »

2-0 Hall

Great corner and fantastic header