Torquay United v Aldershot Tues 27 April KO 7pm

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Torquay United v Aldershot Tues 27 April KO 7pm

Post by portugull »

The middle Match of 3 consecutive Home games for United which could prove pivotal to our chances of Automatic Promotion.

Aldershot are Mid Table and the Play Offs are unlikely unless they have a real blazing finish to their season.

They are inconsistent but dangerous. Ricky Miller, Josh Rees and Harry Panayiotou all find the net regularly and Jamie Sendles-White is having a good season by all accounts.

I think this will be an open game and goals will be scored. Very hard to predict but a must win for United if we want to retain Top Spot

3- 2 to United with a Gary time goal again but perhaps I am dreaming as in all honesty I am nervous about tonight unless Gary surprises us all with team selection and the return of Ben Whitfield. Wishful thinking?
Mo Gull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Mo Gull »

I like Randell on the right side - if we can't have a natural winger there, he'll add quality to the final ball, but will also drift inside to build up with the CMs.
Mo Gull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Mo Gull »

wooohooooooooo
Mo Gull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Mo Gull »

bugger
North Curry House
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by North Curry House »

It looks like that is the end of Lewis. Will our injuries never end?

COYY, three points please.
Gloomy Gull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Gloomy Gull »

USE THE RIGHT HAND SIDE !!!!!
exilegull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by exilegull »

Lets be honest now we've got the winner - it wasn't a penalty.

GET IN!!!
Gloomy Gull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Gloomy Gull »

How many times can we score in the last minutes................. great result !!!
Gull in black
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Gull in black »

Fantastic 3 points.
This ref has history against us.
Modgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Modgull »

What a finish! The referee must be embarrassed by his performance but United don't know when they're down and keep coming up with crucial winners. Sensational performance by Randell - everything that was good came through or from him. Aldershot got what they deserved for their unadventurous second half display - nothing. Looks like we may have another serious injury - probably not hamstring this time - although Warren deputised very well. Hall and Andrews also did well and Boden capped a very active contribution with an excellent winner. Only disappointments for me were Waters who seems to consistently run down blind alleys and Wynter who looked as uneasy at RB as Moxey was dominant at LB.
Phil

Another marathon beckons!
bringbackthecowshed
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Tommy Mitchinson

Post by bringbackthecowshed »

My only worry is: Sir Garry will win the Manager of the month!
dawlishmatt
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Steve cooper

Post by dawlishmatt »

I don't know how much more of this I can stand!!!!!!. It's a good job Mrs Dawlish is a nurse 🤕🤕🤕🤕🤕🤕🤕🤕🤕🤕🤕🤕🤕🤕🤕🤕🤕
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Lewis injury was a strange one. Initially looked like a hamstring but obviously wasn't as he would not have been able to carry on playing.

I wonder if Dave Thomas's assertion that it was a trapped nerve was correct - Lewis seemed to be walking ok after the match. Maybe too early to say that this is season ending.

More concerning was Johnson saying that Moxey is injured as well!

How was it not a penalty - it appears that both the referee and linesman agreed on the foul but the linesman said the ball had gone out of play first
That's just absolutely farcical -its just mind boggling. The referee was hopeless throughout. Just before half time he allowed an Aldershot player to stand right in front of the ball when Torquay took a free kick and allowed play to continue when it hit the player.

He had completely lost the plot at the end. Played 10 minutes extra despite adding on 4 and seemed to be running around waving his yellow card at everyone - pathetic.
Last edited by brucie on 27 Apr 2021, 22:27, edited 1 time in total.
DWB
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Alex Russell

Post by DWB »

dawlishmatt wrote: 27 Apr 2021, 22:01 I don't know how much more of this I can stand!!!!!!. It's a good job Mrs Dawlish is a nurse 🤕🤕🤕🤕🤕🤕🤕🤕🤕🤕🤕🤕🤕🤕🤕🤕🤕

With you on that dawlishmatt but I have to use red wine to calm my nerves! Have to say though that was a really well taken winning goal by a proven striker and that might just be the difference come the end of the season. If only Billy Waters had put away that chance in the first minute it may have been a less nervous evening!
Have just looked at the league tables and IF we could get promoted we would have Exeter City, Swindon and Bristol Rovers in league 2!!
culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by culmstockgull »

Well you could not write a script like last night, first fifteen we were all over them and with clinical finishing should have been three up, they equalise and we seemed to think, bugger that wasn't in the script and we looked to anyone for inspiration, I agree with the comments on Waters, he is lightweight in all respects and thought Koszela's cameo appearance promised more, he is certainly more of a threat up front. If you are going to bring on a tricky winger like Tomilinson then you need to pass to him, he never saw the ball for the first fifteen minutes. Randell ran the show and is a class act. Noticed at the end that when most of the squad came on the pitch Nemane was in a cast so regardless of Johnsons beliefs not to give the opposition any info we will not see him again this season. As for the ref, well, this league is plagued with indifferent officials and he took that to a new level, mind you they are only human and like most of us react negatively to being gobbed off to as Andrews does most games. Leave it to Hall to speak to the ref.